Windows 10: Here’s how to install new Facebook Messenger on Windows 10

Discus and support Here’s how to install new Facebook Messenger on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Way back in April, Facebook said it plans to launch a new messaging experience on the desktop. The social media giant has been working on a brand-new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 22, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Here’s how to install new Facebook Messenger on Windows 10

Way back in April, Facebook said it plans to launch a new messaging experience on the desktop. The social media giant has been working on a brand-new desktop app for Windows 10 and as well as macOS.

Earlier this week, a leak revealed the new features and improvements of the upcoming Facebook Messenger.

Today, the new Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 is rolling out to select users. If you’re lucky enough, you should be able to get it by downloading the Messenger beta from the Microsoft Store.

If you don’t see the new Messenger or the update itself, you can sideload the improved Messenger app and open some folders that require high-level permissions.

That being said, if you plan to try out the new messaging experience on your PC, make sure you know what you’re doing.

Install the new Messenger app

Updating the Messenger isn’t enough as the new app is hidden and the same package is shared by two versions of the app. As we noted above, you need high levels of permissions to access the folders that you are not supposed to.

First and foremost, you need to gain access to WindowsApps folder by taking ownership. WindowsApps folder is hidden, so you need to open the Program Files folder, click on the “View” tab, and tap on “Hidden Items” option.

For security reasons, you cannot open the hidden folders by default. To get access to the WindowsApps folder, open Properties of the folder and navigate to the Security tab where you have to click on the ‘Advanced’ option.

This will open the Advanced Security Settings window. Click on the “Change” option. In the next screen, you have to click on another ‘Change’ option appearing next to TrustedInstaller.

In the new window ‘Select user or group’, you have to enter your administrator username and follow these steps.

• Click on the Check Names option.
    • Click OK.

Check ‘Replace owner on subcontainers and objects’ option on the other window, and click OK to begin the process.

You can open the WindowsApps folder once permissions have been changed. In the WindowsApps folder, look for Messenger folder and then open Apps folder. Finally, click on Messenger.exe to open the new application.

As we noted above, we advise that you try these steps only if you know what you’re doing.

The post Here’s how to install new Facebook Messenger on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 22, 2019

2. I want to remove Facebook Messenger

They just brought that out. Although, I rarely use the web version of Facebook since I use Windows 10's Facebook app and Messenger app as well the Facebook app and Messenger app on my phone. I did notice on my grandmother's computer when she had Facebook pulled up on the web that they had replaced Facebook's old messaging interface to the new Facebook Messenger interface.

Facebook Messenger: A New Review (review) | AndroidGuys

Facebook for Desktop Removes Messages, Adds Messenger Interface? | SocialTimes

Jesse Williams, Nov 22, 2019
  3. First look at Facebook and Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile

First look at Facebook and Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile

Here’s how to install new Facebook Messenger on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Read more: http://mspoweruser.com/first-look-fa...ows-10-mobile/

Cluster Head, Nov 22, 2019
  4. thomcats Win User

I want to remove Facebook Messenger

Thank you for the links. I can see - with a small bit of comfort - that I'm not alone in hating it.
    *Wink

thomcats, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Here’s how to install new Facebook Messenger on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Here’s install Facebook

2. Facebook Messenger App for windows 10 install location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger App for windows 10 install location: The windows 10 Facebook messenger app shows the move button but when I select move to the d: drive my preferred install location on my pc to save space on the c drive, I get the following error.Anyone have any idea what this means and how to work around this?...
  3. Windows 10 and Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and Facebook Messenger: Back in December after a Windows Update I started having issue's with Facebook Messenger launching (Windows Store version), both Stable and Beta. The splash screen with the logo comes up but then it closes. I have reset it, uninstalled... nothing fixed it. In Event Viewer is...
  4. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook Messenger: Hi I am getting the following message when I try to make a video call. However it does not allow me to turn the camera and mic on. Can you help? Please allow camera and microphone access Allow Messenger to use your camera and microphone so that others on the call can see and...
  5. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: I could not make an audio call from FB Messenger but I could on Viber and Zoom. I plan to uninstall, reinstall Messenger but I don't see the app on the uninstall app of the control panel. Facebook app is not also there. What shall I do? Thank you. Elvie...
  6. Facebook messenger

Facebook messenger: I had to reset my evoo laptop a few days ago because my grandson did something to it and nothing was working right. Yesterday I went thru my app library and re-installed a few of the apps I use most that were on here before, messenger being one. All of them except messenger...
  7. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: How do I remove facebook messenger from my desktop computer and if I do can I still get messages on my desktop (windows 10). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-messenger/6d59e6d1-b30e-4beb-b87a-9e545a37ee84
  8. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: Hello! I have a problem with Facebook Messenger. Each time I try to login to my Facebook Account from the Facebook Messenger Desktop app, I receive an error message telling me that the Security Code I enter (sent to my Mobile Phone) is not correct. This doesn't happen when I...
  9. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see. Every night, my girlfriend I will talk, and then tell each other goodnight, or she'll take a nap during the day time. I have no problem with that. She's pregnant....
  10. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook Messenger: Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see. Every night, my girlfriend I will talk, and then tell each other goodnight, or she'll take a nap during the day time. I have no problem with that. She's pregnant....