Windows 10: Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10

Discus and support Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google today began rolling out a new update for Chrome that advances the browser to version 74 and finally adds dark mode support on Windows 10, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 24, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10

Google today began rolling out a new update for Chrome that advances the browser to version 74 and finally adds dark mode support on Windows 10, but there’s a catch. As per a Google employee, the company is actually rolling out this new dark mode for Windows 10 in stages and it won’t show up in all installation, but you can always force it.

As per Google Community Manager, Google is using this approach to test dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10 and the company hasn’t shared regarding possible timeframe when it plans to push the feature to all browsers.

“Hey everyone, I can confirm that we are rolling out this feature to a small number of Chrome M74 users now, and that it will become more widely available in the near future. I’ve shared the same information in our official help community, and you can follow along there. Thanks!” the Community Manager said in a post.

Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10 Chrome-dark-menu.jpg

The good news is that you don’t have to wait for the dark mode visual makeover to reach your browser. As discovered by users, you can force dark mode in Chrome 74 (stable) for Windows 10 by following a simple trick.

How to enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10

• Create a shortcut for the browser and place it on the desktop if not done already.
    • Right-click the shortcut of Chrome.
    • Tap on ‘Properties’.
    • In the Target field, you need to add the following parametres:
    • –force-dark-mode

As shown in the screenshot below, there should be a space before you insert the aforementioned parameters.

Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10 Chrome-74-dark-mode.jpg

Click on Apply button and that’s it, the changes should apply to Chrome when you launch it the next time.

However, it is worth noting that Google Chrome does not respect the system settings if you follow the above method. If you wish to return back to the original light look, you need to remove the aforementioned parameter.

The post Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 24, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10 2001472367.png

"Next time you’re staying up till three in the morning mindlessly watching YouTube videos, why not give your eyes a rest and turn the lights out? As discovered by youTube now has a dark mode built-in : google, YouTube now a secret dark mode that’s easy to activate. Here’s how you do it:

• Make sure you have the most recent version of Google Chrome (that’s version 57 onwards)
    • Open up the developer window by hitting Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows, or Option + Command + I on Mac
    • Select the “console” tab
    • Paste in the following text: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" and hit enter
    • Close the developer window, refresh your browser, and the dark mode toggle is available in the main settings menu in the top right."
    "This feature hasn’t yet been officially announced, but it’s part of a number of changes YouTube is testing for the website’s design."

Here’s how to activate YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

P4-630, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Dark Mode

Hello,

I understand your issue but this is actually by design. If you enable dark mode, it is enabled for all sections where it is supported. Unfortunately, you can't isolate File Explorer dark mode atm as it is integrated with other sections.

Please use Feedback hub to submit your opinion to Windows engineering team. You can press Windows + F keys to launch Feedback hub.

Thanks for your understanding!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Apr 24, 2019
  4. Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10

1. Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Here’s enable dark

2. How to enable dark mode in Windows 10 1507

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable dark mode in Windows 10 1507: Please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-dark-mode-in-windows-10-1507/aef1cea2-be99-4e2d-b366-543d67be9050
  3. How to enable dark mode in Windows 10 1507

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable dark mode in Windows 10 1507: Please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-dark-mode-in-windows-10-1507/aef1cea2-be99-4e2d-b366-543d67be9050
  4. How to enable dark mode in Windows 10 1507

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!

How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!: When I was searching something a notification appeared, it asked me if I wanted to enable Dark Mode. I clicked ok to see how does it look. And now I can't find a way to disable it! Googled how to disable it every source says that choose light theme under default app mode....
  6. How to Enable Dark Mode in Windows 10

How to Enable Dark Mode in Windows 10: Tips for Change Color and Enable Dark Mode in Windows 10 https://youtu.be/zbgg3IXa0dw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-dark-mode-in-windows-10/a63be8cc-1a18-4d62-88d5-b9a43397b47f
  7. Chrome is stuck on dark mode

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome is stuck on dark mode: I had to reinstall Windows today on my laptop, I also reinstalled Chrome and it is stuck in dark mode. There is no setting under Appearance to change it and even the flag chrome://flags and dark mode did not help. I would appreciate if anyone has any help on this.I am on...
  8. Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Chrome Dark Mode?: This fix no longer works in the latest version of Chrome. Is there another way of showing Chrome in ' normal' mode ? Windows 10 – Disable Google Chrome DARK MODE – takujingi 137758
  9. Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10: Google Chrome 74 for Windows will come with a series of improvements, including the highly-anticipated dark mode on Windows 10. With version 73, Google rolled out the dark theme treatment to Chrome on MacOS and it appears that the next release of Google’s browser could...
  10. Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10: The reports of Google Chrome dark mode initially appeared online after Google was spotted working on a dark theme specifically for macOS Mojave. The dark themed Google Chrome offers a comfortable browsing experience and it looks like the browser will finally work with...