Windows 10: Here’s how you can sync clipboard across devices on Windows 10 RS 5

Discus and support Here’s how you can sync clipboard across devices on Windows 10 RS 5 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Redstone 5 provides you with the clipboard sync feature used to provide access to the contents across devices. Here’s a step-through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 20, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Here’s how you can sync clipboard across devices on Windows 10 RS 5

Windows 10 Redstone 5 provides you with the clipboard sync feature used to provide access to the contents across devices. Here’s a step-through tutorial on how to enable this feature.

Clipboard as a feature has been used to copy and paste contents such as text or images across applications on a single device running Windows 10. The upcoming Windows 10 Redstone 5 update has significantly extended this feature to make use of the cloud and effectively copy and past content across devices ranging through many applications.

The new clipboard can be opened up with the (WIN + v) shortcut which further opens up a new clipboard interface where you can dump anything from your history or you can even pin contents that will be going to be used regularly. To be able to use this handy feature, you should first enable it as it is turned off by default. This has to be done manually in the settings page.

It’s worth noting that the Cloud Clipboard feature is available on Windows 10 Redstone 5 update (version 1809, Build 17666 or higher). Windows 10 Redstone 5 is currently available only for Windows Insiders and it’ll be released to the public in October.

Here’s how you can sync clipboard across devices on Windows 10 RS 5 Clipboard-in-Windows-10.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft.com

Here’s a step-through tutorial on how to enable this feature and be able to sync your contents across devices.

• Open Settings of your Windows 10 device.
    • In the Settings, navigate to System.
    • In the System settings, select the Clipboard option
    • On the Sync across devices section in the right, you may be prompted to log in to your Microsoft account and then click on get started.
    • Now in the same section, you’ll be provided with a toggle button to enable ‘Sync across devices’. Turn that on.
    • You can now choose how to sync across devices. Either automatically or not.

Automatically sync text I copy – This means that everything you copy to the clipboard will be automatically synced across all your devices.

Never automatically sync text I copy – If you select this, then you should automatically open up the Clipboard interface using the WIN + v shortcut and select the contents that you want to get synced across all your devices.

After completing the above-mentioned steps, you now can use the clipboard feature and sync your contents from the clipboard depending upon the settings you’ve chosen. You can later turn this feature off by following the same steps and toggling the button to off.

This feature will be added to Windows 10 with the Redstone 5 update. You need to update your PC to the preview or wait until October in order to use it.

The post Here’s how you can sync clipboard across devices on Windows 10 RS 5 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 20, 2018

2. clipboard

I just downloaded clipboard to my windows 10 desktop computer. I took a screenshot and opened clipboard but can't figure out how to view it. Is there a step by step tutorial on how to use clipboard? There are only two settings with no directions on how
    to use them. I thought if I save something to clipboard it would be there when I opened the app as it was in windows 7 and XP. All I am getting is a black and orange screen with a clipboard in the middle. I don't want to share I just want to open what I've
    copied to it.......

Yvonne29UJ, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2018
  4. Here’s how you can sync clipboard across devices on Windows 10 RS 5

How can I get rid of the "clipboard" icon on my keyboard?

Hi, Merle Be.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

You may follow these steps to remove the clipboard icon on your keyboard:

1. Under your App list, go to Settings.

2. Tap keyboard under Settings.

3. Tap the keyboard that you are using.

4. Uncheck the "Suggest text".

5. Try copying something again and paste it.

6. Lock the screen and reopen it, then check the clipboard icon on the keyboard if it's still showing.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

Here’s how you can sync clipboard across devices on Windows 10 RS 5

1. Here’s how you can sync clipboard across devices on Windows 10 RS 5 - Similar Threads - Here’s sync clipboard

2. the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work: I tried to contact support customer service and they cant help me so they told me to post my problem here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-clipboard-settings-sync-across-devices-dont/231df13f-c7df-47ca-b5c9-d0536d83558c
  3. the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work: I tried to contact support customer service and they cant help me so they told me to post my problem here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-clipboard-settings-sync-across-devices-dont/231df13f-c7df-47ca-b5c9-d0536d83558c
  4. software sync across devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software sync across devices: HelloI have 2 laptops, how can I sync the app, subscriptions and software across both of them.for example if I downloads drobox in one laptop, do I have to re downlead it in the second laptop? what I found is , the icons of the apps are found in the second laptop but the...
  5. Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A Windows 10 user can choose to copy images and text from one PC to another with a cloud-based clipboard. One can also pin the […] This article Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows 10 Sync Settings across devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Sync Settings across devices: So, this issue has been around FOREVER. I have spent several hours online with Microsoft Answer Techs and they don't seem to be able to come up with a fix for this issue. Let me get a couple of answers to questions that I know will be asked out of the way up front. Things I...
  7. Clipboard sync across devices - not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard sync across devices - not working: I have two Windows 10 laptops that have been confirmed via the settings "Your info" to be both logged in to the same Microsoft user account,. I have the clipboard settings on both to: Clipboard history: on Sync across devices: on Automatically Sync text that I copy:...
  8. Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption: I think, it should be possible to configure an end-to-end encryption for the "Sync across devices" of the clipboard! I think, that is required, at least as an option! Even it may make the first use a little more difficult. Without such an encryption there is too much...
  9. Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things...
  10. Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and...