Windows 10: Here's How You Set A New Default Font - It WORKS!

Discus and support Here's How You Set A New Default Font - It WORKS! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I followed instruction about setting up Notepad and saving it with a .reg name and it didn't change the fonts throughout my system. So I did this and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SueDCampbell, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Here's How You Set A New Default Font - It WORKS!

I followed instruction about setting up Notepad and saving it with a .reg name and it didn't change the fonts throughout my system. So I did this and IT WORKED!Open a new Word doc.Click on "Design"Click on "Fonts" on the ribbonClick on "Customize Fonts"Type in the font name you seek for the Heading font and Body fontName this selection in case you add other font types I used Tahoma Default as my selection nameClick the box with your font choice so it becomes the default Click on "Set As Default" located next to the Fonts button on the ribbonYou're done! Whoo hooo!!!

:)

SueDCampbell, Jun 12, 2021

2. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Here's How You Set A New Default Font - It WORKS!

RESETTING THE DEFAULT FONTS?

Hello,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you delete any fonts from the system?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • When you say ''Tried the one in the font menu but it didn't work!
      ‘’did you tried the option Restore default fonts settings? If not you can try the below steps.
    Let’s try to restore the default fonts settings and check if this helps.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Font settings on the left pane and click on
      Restore default fonts settings.

• Click on OK.
    Check if this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Here's How You Set A New Default Font - It WORKS!

1. Here's How You Set A New Default Font - It WORKS! - Similar Threads - Here's Set Default

2. How do you set the default volume for new programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you set the default volume for new programs?: I keep my general volume pretty high because I have some apps that are pretty quiet normally, and when I download new apps they are all very loud. How can I make it so all new apps have a default starting volume? i.e. they all start at volume 20 even if my general volume is...
  3. How do you set the default volume for new programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you set the default volume for new programs?: I keep my general volume pretty high because I have some apps that are pretty quiet normally, and when I download new apps they are all very loud. How can I make it so all new apps have a default starting volume? i.e. they all start at volume 20 even if my general volume is...
  4. How do you set the default volume for new programs?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 allows you to set the default browser in a single click, here's how to do it

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 allows you to set the default browser in a single click, here's how to do it: Windows and its default browser, I don't think you could name a more controversial duo in recent history. Microsoft has toyed with the settings for changing the default browser too many times, much to the annoyance of users. [ATTACH] Mozilla was the first among the big tech...
  6. how do I change the default font settings?

how do I change the default font settings?: How do I change the default font size settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-default-font-settings/7a7a37cc-b60c-4b74-aaca-c935775df190
  7. Setting a font as default

Setting a font as default: My laptop came with a default font Calibri. I want to change the default font to Times Roman. I have followed instructions to change the default font but it is not happening and Calibri remains the default. Is there a way of resolving this?...
  8. Default font settings restore.

Default font settings restore.: How can I restore the default font settings on Windows 10. When I try by going through Control Panel the button to reset default settings just goes grey when I click on it....
  9. How to set default Hindi fonts to Nirmala in Powerpoint2010

How to set default Hindi fonts to Nirmala in Powerpoint2010: I had created a slides (100 slides) using power point2010 in Nirmala in windows 8.1 This document has both English and HIndi words. After I switched to Winows10, , all HIndi fonts in these slides got changed to Mangal. This has completely changed the text format in...
  10. How to set font to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set font to default in Windows 10: Hello I followed a tutorial on some website telling me how to change the default font to something else but I found out too late that it was fake, and instead of changing the font to the one I chose it, changed it to something else that looked strange so I decided to forget...