Windows 10: Here’s our first look at Windows 10’s modern File Explorer

Discus and support Here’s our first look at Windows 10’s modern File Explorer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In 2017, Microsoft introduced Fluent Design and slowly many key areas of Windows 10 were updated with the new design language refresh. As part of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 10, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Here’s our first look at Windows 10’s modern File Explorer

In 2017, Microsoft introduced Fluent Design and slowly many key areas of Windows 10 were updated with the new design language refresh. As part of the Fluent Design approach, Microsoft updated numerous applications such a Groove Music, Mail & Calendar, Movies & TV, Calendar, and others with various Fluent Design tweaks.

File Explorer, which is based on the legacy code from Windows XP era, hasn’t had a lot of major design changes on Windows 10. Microsoft has only updated Explorer with Dark Theme, OneDrive integration and other minor tweaks since 2015.

Windows 10X, which is Microsoft’s modern and modular operating system, has been rumoured to ship with a modern File Explorer that replaces legacy file manager.

Today, Microsoft released a Windows 10X Emulator update with a long list of improvements, Win32 apps new model and also a new file manager.

Windows 10X finally has a modern File Explorer but it can show OneDrive files only, at least for now.

Here’s our first look at Windows 10’s modern File Explorer Modern-File-Explorer.jpg

By the looks of things, new File Explorer is actually a web app and its UI is similar to the OneDrive.

The new File Explorer doesn’t come with a sidebar or other tools. It has a completely redesigned interface that caters for foldable devices and even traditional laptops that might crop up in 2021.

Here’s our first look at Windows 10’s modern File Explorer File-Explorer-modern-look.jpg

Currently, File Explorer allows users to sync files between the cloud and the device. This appears to be a very early build of the new file manager experience, so there are bugs and limitations. For example, you can only manage documents, files or pictures that you have downloaded from OneDrive.

I wasn’t able to access the local files in the new Explorer.

Microsoft is not clear about its plans for File Explorer on Windows 10X. We don’t know if Windows 10X will ship with this File Explorer, traditional File Explorer or that old UWP File Explorer from Windows 10 Mobile era.

The post Here’s our first look at Windows 10’s modern File Explorer appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Here’s our first look at Windows 10’s modern File Explorer :p

Frick, Mar 10, 2020
  4. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Here’s our first look at Windows 10’s modern File Explorer - Similar Threads - Here’s 10’s modern

2. Here’s our first look at Windows 10’s File Explorer with new colourful icons

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s our first look at Windows 10’s File Explorer with new colourful icons: Microsoft has been working on the “Sun Valley” update (also known as 21H2) with a new Start Menu, Action Center, rounded corners, and other improvements. As part of the Windows 10 Sun Valley revamp, Microsoft is also introducing new Fluent Design-based icons for File Explorer...
  3. Exclusive: Our first look at Windows 10’s new floating Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    Exclusive: Our first look at Windows 10’s new floating Start Menu: Microsoft is reportedly working on a major Windows 10 design overhaul codenamed ‘Sun Valley’ and it’s due for release in October 2021. In the Sun Valley update, Windows 10 Start Menu will also get updated with rounded corners and it will ‘float’ on top of the taskbar, as...
  4. Change Modern File Explorer back to the old version look

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Modern File Explorer back to the old version look: So I have searched the tutorials here but cannot find an answer, hoping that someone here can help. A few days ago I created a new Win 10 install flash drive using the MS Media Creation tool and made a clean install of Win 10 Pro. In setting up my new Windows 10 I needed to...
  5. Our first look at Windows 10’s new Action Center design upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Our first look at Windows 10’s new Action Center design upgrade: Microsoft could give the interface of the Action Center in Windows 10 a major overhaul, according to new code reference spotted in preview builds. It appears that Action Center could soon use UI components from Windows 10X in an effort to improve consistency across all...
  6. Our first look at Windows 10’s redesigned grid and list layouts

in Windows 10 News
    Our first look at Windows 10’s redesigned grid and list layouts: Windows 10 looks pretty much the same as it did back in 2015, but as part of the WinUI project, Microsoft is looking to bring back rounded corners and deliver the true Fluent Design. Rumour has it that the Windows 10 Action Center, Start Menu, and even taskbar will be...
  7. This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI

in Windows 10 News
    This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI: Rumours and references within the preview builds have revealed that Microsoft is in the process of overhauling the Windows 10 interface. The rumours first surfaced online when Microsoft added modern icons to their first-party apps and launched a slightly improved version of...
  8. Windows 10’s refreshed Start Menu launched — here’s your first look

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s refreshed Start Menu launched — here’s your first look: After months of waiting and temporary appearances, the Start Menu redesign is now official on Windows 10. Today Microsoft has officially started rolling it out to the testers in the Windows Insider program. Start Menu is not getting a radical overhaul, but it looks like...
  9. A closer look at Windows 10’s new modern File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Windows 10’s new modern File Explorer: The latest version of Windows 10X Emulator, which was shipped yesterday for developers, comes with a beta version of modern File Explorer. The new File Explorer is still in its early days and it has been built from the ground up to be fully optimized for modular Windows 10...
  10. Here’s first look at Windows 10’s phone dialer for Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s first look at Windows 10’s phone dialer for Your Phone app: Your Phone app, which is built into Windows 10, is truly great if you’re an Android user and you want to get your text messages, recent photos, and Android notifications on your PC without even touching your handset. Microsoft is bringing some much-needed smartphone...