Windows 10: Here’s what you can expect from Skype on Windows over the next few months

Discus and support Here’s what you can expect from Skype on Windows over the next few months in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We had earlier reported that Microsoft is working on a new version for its Skype app for all platforms. The company rolled out a new version 8.0 of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 27, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Here’s what you can expect from Skype on Windows over the next few months

We had earlier reported that Microsoft is working on a new version for its Skype app for all platforms. The company rolled out a new version 8.0 of Skype app earlier in the month advising users to upgrade to the latest version since the older version 7.0 will be discontinued after Sept 1, 2018.

The new version 8.0 of the Skype app brought many new features along with performance improvements for users. The company introduced features like free HD video and screen sharing calls, @mentions in messaging and more.

Today, the Redmond Giant has announced some more new features which the company plans to roll out in the coming few months. The Skype team is currently working on new keyboard shortcuts which would show on the sign in screen.

The company is working on advanced webcam settings and Do Not Disturb support for incoming calls. You will also be able to easily switch between cameras in future updates to the Skype app.

The Skype messaging experience is going to be improved with the company working on introducing an option to change font size for desktop users, Sharing of the Skype contacts with your friends and family, Hide conversations in chat list and more.

Users will also be able to add a phone number to an existing Skype contact and providing users with more status availability control. Skype in future updates on Windows 10 would be also getting a new Spilt view option.

Microsoft says that the new update to Skype version 8 will be rolled out in waves over the next few months. The Desktop users will be able to upgrade their Skype app after 11/1/2018, Mobile and tablet users will receive the update starting 11/15/2018.

“Many of you have taken the time to share your thoughts on this update. Thank you. We appreciate it! We learned how important it is to you to maintain feature parity with older Skype versions and we’re working towards that goal,” writes Microsoft’s Ellen Kilbourne.

Skype Insiders can get their hands on the new features by downloading the version 14 which is already available in Microsoft Store for Windows 10. Do let us know your thoughts on the upcoming new features in the comments below.

The post Here’s what you can expect from Skype on Windows over the next few months appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 27, 2018
  2. malware Win User

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Here’s what you can expect from Skype on Windows over the next few months

skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Here’s what you can expect from Skype on Windows over the next few months

1. Here’s what you can expect from Skype on Windows over the next few months - Similar Threads - Here’s expect Skype

2. Here is what you can expect from the Windows 11 version 23H2 update

in Windows 10 News
    Here is what you can expect from the Windows 11 version 23H2 update: Microsoft plans to release Windows 11 version 23H2, the new feature update for its Windows 11 operating system soon. As usual, Microsoft is not revealing the release date of the update, but the most likely scenario is that it will come out at the end of this month or in...
  3. Discussion: What are you looking forward to with Microsoft in the next 20 months? Friday,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discussion: What are you looking forward to with Microsoft in the next 20 months? Friday,...: I’m already looking forward to autumn 2023 because of this rumor, which I hope turns out to be true. This will help Microsoft move on from Windows 10’s big shortcomings since seven years ago, especially with updates that resulted in major disruptions to things....
  4. Skype for Business Online retires in 6 months - what you need to know

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business Online retires in 6 months - what you need to know: Eighteen months ago, we announced the July 31, 2021 retirement of Skype for Business Online. With six months until the service ends, we’re focused on helping each of our customers upgrade to Microsoft Teams and enabling more ways to come together and get things...
  5. what can you expect from a licenced reseller with regard to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    what can you expect from a licenced reseller with regard to windows 10 pro: I do not want to have issues if I change the HDD or re-install windows from scratch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-you-expect-from-a-licenced-reseller-with/82756fa9-fa60-4771-bdae-73e52758c809
  6. Xbox Series X - What You Can Expect From the Next Generation of Gaming

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Series X - What You Can Expect From the Next Generation of Gaming: The future of gaming has never been more inspiring. Creativity in games is flourishing. New services empower you to discover more games—and bring you closer to the games and creators and streamers you love. The cloud creates a massive opportunity to stream...
  7. What to expect from next-gen Sony PlayStation console

in Windows 10 News
    What to expect from next-gen Sony PlayStation console: MARK CERNY WOULD like to get one thing out of the way right now: The videogame console that Sony has spent the past four years building is no mere upgrade. You’d have good reason for thinking otherwise. Sony and Microsoft both extended the current console generation via a...
  8. Numerous issues over the past few months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous issues over the past few months: I have a custom built PC that I've had for about three years, but over the past few months I've been getting strange BSOD's. When I leave my PC turned off for a few hours, the first time I boot it up it will crash after a completely random period of time. After it restarts,...
  9. What to expect from Microsoft’s next big Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    What to expect from Microsoft’s next big Windows 10 update: Microsoft last month released Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Windows 10 version 1803 codenamed Redstone 4 will be pushed automatically to systems that are considered to be fully compatible in the coming weeks. By the summer, the update would become available for download on...
  10. Here's what's next for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here's what's next for Windows 10: Windows 10 is now available as a free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users. While millions are performing the upgrade this week, Microsoft is working hard on updates and fixes behind the scenes. Some of those patches have already started rolling out, but there are more...