Windows 10: Here’s why free upgrade for Windows 7 still works

Discus and support Here’s why free upgrade for Windows 7 still works in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On January 14, 2020, Microsoft ended the life of Windows 7, one of its greatest operating systems ever. You can still run your computer, but it won’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 15, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Here’s why free upgrade for Windows 7 still works

On January 14, 2020, Microsoft ended the life of Windows 7, one of its greatest operating systems ever. You can still run your computer, but it won’t receive monthly rollups, security updates, or emergency patches. This means any critical bugs found in Windows 7 won’t get fixed unless you’re a business willing to pay.

Remember Microsoft’s heavily marketed offer of a free Windows 10 upgrade, which ended years ago? That upgrade trick still works as of January 15, 2020.

If you’re running a genuine and activated version of Windows 7 Pro, Home or Ultimate, you can get Windows 10 upgrade for free. A former Microsoft employee claims that the free upgrade offer was a marketing ‘fluff’ and Microsoft may not close the loophole anytime soon.

This means you can get Windows 10 without paying $120 for the upgrade, but you should be running a valid, licensed Windows 7.

Microsoft apparently knows of the loophole, but the company may not close it because the free upgrade offer was a marketing fluff, a self pro-claimed Microsoft engineer said on Reddit.

The user, who claims be a Microsoft employee, confirmed that there are ways to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

The employee added that Microsoft’s Executive Vice President and Head of the Windows and Devices Group cared more about the ‘upgrade stats than license revenue’ at that time.

As per the employee, you should perform the Windows 10 free upgrade with ‘Keep your files’ option checked in Media Creation Tool. If you do a fresh install before migrating to Windows 10, you may lose the free upgrade.

Microsoft has never publicized the loophole and they can easily stop the free upgrades without acknowledging it, but it’s very unlikely at this point.

If you’re on Windows 7 and want to upgrade to Windows 10, here’s what you need to do.

Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free

1. Download Media Creation Tool on Windows 7 and launch it.
    2. Accept Microsoft’s license terms.
    3. Select ‘Upgrade this PC now’. Do not perform a fresh install.
    4. Click Install and wait for the tool to process your selection.
    5. After several reboots, you’ll be on Windows 10, and you can verify the activation status from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Activation.

If you don’t want to be running an insecure and unpatched operating system, you should consider upgrading to Windows 10 or buy a new PC with Windows 10.

The post Here’s why free upgrade for Windows 7 still works appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 15, 2020

2. Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Here’s why free upgrade for Windows 7 still works - Similar Threads - Here’s why free

2. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  3. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  4. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft employee says Windows 10 free upgrade still works for Windows 7/8.1

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft employee says Windows 10 free upgrade still works for Windows 7/8.1: Microsoft officially ended support for Windows 7 in January 2020 and security updates are now released for enterprise customers with extended support only. To increase the market share of Windows 10 and help users avoid becoming vulnerable to exploits, Microsoft is still...
  6. Why does the free upgrade to Windows 10 still work?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does the free upgrade to Windows 10 still work?: Yesterday I upgraded my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 for free. I used the tool to install Windows 10 available on the Microsoft site. Now my PC has Windows 10 activated with a digital license and everything is working fine. Microsoft support told me that this free upgrade offer...
  7. can you still upgrade windows 7 to win10 for free?

can you still upgrade windows 7 to win10 for free?: can you still upgrade windows 7 to win10 for free? please answer if you are sure kann man windows 7 immernoch kostenlos auf win10 upgraden?
  8. Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Experts, Can i confirm that , as of now are we still able free upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 ... i just tested a few machines, used the product key from the sticker Windows 7 Product Key and try activate, it was success .... is this the right way or please...
  9. Here is why free upgrades to Windows 10 still work

in Windows 10 News
    Here is why free upgrades to Windows 10 still work: When Microsoft launched Windows 10 in 2015, it revealed that devices with legitimate Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 licenses could be upgraded to the new operating system free of charge for the first year. The company pushed harder and harder to get devices running earlier...
  10. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024