Windows 10: Here’s why you can’t uninstall some pre-installed apps on Windows 10

Discus and support Here’s why you can’t uninstall some pre-installed apps on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Whether you buy a Surface or build your own desktop, your Windows 10 installation will still include several preinstalled apps. Windows 10 ships with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 7, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Here’s why you can’t uninstall some pre-installed apps on Windows 10

Whether you buy a Surface or build your own desktop, your Windows 10 installation will still include several preinstalled apps.

Windows 10 ships with a number of apps that users normally aren’t able to uninstall unless they use PowerShell or third-party application that gives greater control over the OS.

Over the past few years, Microsoft has added more apps to the list of uninstallable programs on Windows 10. After recent feature updates, you can get rid of most superfluous preinstalled apps you never use and it’s as simple as pressing and holding an app icon on the Start Menu.

In fact, you can now also uninstall Paint and Notepad. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule. For example, you cannot uninstall the new core apps, such as the Your Phone app and Microsoft Edge.

Here’s why you can’t uninstall some pre-installed apps on Windows 10 Microsoft-Edge-dialog.jpg

After the recent update to Windows 10, Microsoft said it removed the uninstall option for the Chromium browser, which means that once you install the browser, you cannot remove it unless you play with PowerShell tool.

In multiple support documents, Microsoft has explained that some apps can’t be removed because the issue is more complex than it first appears. The problem is how apps interact with each other and Windows 10.

For example, Windows 10 preinstalled apps could be linked to something else on the operating system. In one support document, which was quietly updated over the weekend, Microsoft stated that the Chromium-based Edge is an essential component of the OS and is used to support apps that rely on the web UI, such as the payment or login gateways.

“…Because Windows supports applications that rely on the web platform, our default web browser is an essential component of our operating system and can’t be uninstalled,” Microsoft’s new support documentation reads, which was updated again after users noticed that Edge can’t be removed.

The above statement from Microsoft makes a strong point. If you were to use a web-dependent Microsoft Store app without the web platform on Windows 10, where would the login hyperlink in apps beam you to with no Microsoft Edge browser?

Likewise, in another support document, Microsoft noted that you cannot uninstall the Your Phone app because it is deeply integrated into Windows to “light up multiple cross-device experiences”.

“In order to build more of these experiences between phones, PCs, and other devices, the app can’t be uninstalled,” Microsoft noted.

Here’s why you can’t uninstall some pre-installed apps on Windows 10 Windows-10-Your-Phone.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft

Of course, you can delete the Your Phone app with a PowerShell command, but you’ll also lose the link your phone functionality in Windows 10. Any connected devices and services you might use with the Your Phone app will not work

In simple terms, Microsoft Edge, Your Phone app, and some other apps are linked to something else on Windows 10. If they were to be removed, they might cause issues elsewhere on your device.

The post Here’s why you can’t uninstall some pre-installed apps on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

windows 10 pre installed apps removal

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you want to un-install Groove Music try the below steps.

• Type Windows in the search box and right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Type get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage
      on the PowerShell and hit Enter.
    Once you un-install the app, if you wish you can install it again from the Windows store.

Step 2: To remove the Photo app refer the link below and check if it helps

how do i uninstall photo app from win 10?

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 clean install issues

Edge is liked by some but most prefer a better experience. If Firefox or Chrome are preferred uninstall Edge using a method described below.
    That was unwise, uninstall as there are known, and unknown, vulnerabilities with the Intel ME and AMT. Then disable the hardware components in the device manager.
    That is a known glitch. Using an app remover or using advanced methods will help resolve the problem. See the following;
    https://www.howtogeek.com/224798/ho...-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-them/
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10
    Use this if you don't want to get down & dirty with the CLI;
    10AppsManager: Uninstall, reinstall Windows 10 Store apps

lexluthermiester, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Here’s why you can’t uninstall some pre-installed apps on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Here’s why you can’t uninstall some pre-installed apps on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Here’s why can’t

2. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  3. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  4. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Pre installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  6. Pre installed apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  7. Alot of problems with pre-installed Windows 10 apps and some W10 features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alot of problems with pre-installed Windows 10 apps and some W10 features: Almost all of pre-installed W10 apps aren't starting for me . Some of them are "updating" while some of them "can't open". When I tried to reset them, it would not work and it would just load. But as of yesterday it started working again when i tried reseting them, I've reset...
  8. Pre installed Apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre installed Apps: i want my pre installed apps back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-apps/c5a54a30-2bab-4f63-876d-10191373ae9e
  9. You can soon uninstall more pre-installed Windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 News
    You can soon uninstall more pre-installed Windows 10 apps: Unlike Windows 7 or XP, Windows 10 ships with a bunch of apps pre-installed. While there are many useful apps such as Calculator, you might want to get rid of some pre-installed apps in Windows 10 if you don’t use them. For example, Windows 10 also ships with apps such as...
  10. Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games: Today I decided to uninstall some of the App-Games that were installed on my system. Among these were (as far as I recall the names) : - Soda Candy Crush - Bubble Gems 3 - March of Empires: War of Lords - and another one whose name I do not recall at all I uninstalled...