Windows 10: HEVC Extension not working after upgrade to Windows 11

Discus and support HEVC Extension not working after upgrade to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread.HiEven I am having the same issue. On windows 10 i had HEVC from Device Manufacturer extension made by Microsoft and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jaskaran SinghChhabra, Jan 27, 2022.

1. HEVC Extension not working after upgrade to Windows 11

Split from this thread.HiEven I am having the same issue. On windows 10 i had HEVC from Device Manufacturer extension made by Microsoft and after updating to Win 11 i am not able to play 4K 10bit mkv files which i was able to before. I reinstalled the app multiple times but nothing is helping...I feel like the extension isn't yet compatible with win11 and we dont want to pay anything for something as simple as HEVC codec. Please update the prev. extension and solve our issue.Thanks

:)

Jaskaran SinghChhabra, Jan 27, 2022
  2. manizzi Win User

HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer

Thanks for the reply. I am not refering to the HEVC Video Extensions you listed in the link.

I am refering to the HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer linked below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/h...urer/9n4wgh0z6vhq?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Why is it no longer available? Does MS plan to make it available again? It was available up until about a month ago.

manizzi, Jan 27, 2022
  3. HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Where are you getting HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer showing as temporarily unavailable?

If you want to install HEVC Video Extensions, then refer to

Microsoft Store

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 27, 2022
  4. HEVC Extension not working after upgrade to Windows 11

Cannot install HEVC Video Extensions

Hello,

I bought the HEVC Video Extensions for Windows 10. I am logged in to my computer with my Microsoft account and I see my computer in the "Devices" list of my Microsoft account. When I click on "Install on device" on the HEVC Video Extension page I get this
    message "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.". What am I doing wrong?

AndreasZiegler2, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

HEVC Extension not working after upgrade to Windows 11

1. HEVC Extension not working after upgrade to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - HEVC Extension working

2. HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working: SO here it is Dec 31st and I have the same problem with not being able to read the HEVC files on my Windows 11 system either. I downloaded the version from the Microsoft Store and installed but can't file the app on my system anywhere. Downloaded it 3 times, but nothing. I...
  3. HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working: SO here it is Dec 31st and I have the same problem with not being able to read the HEVC files on my Windows 11 system either. I downloaded the version from the Microsoft Store and installed but can't file the app on my system anywhere. Downloaded it 3 times, but nothing. I...
  4. HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.: I've Purchased HEVC video extension from Microsoft Store. Still, the media player is saying- "We can't open sequence 01.mp4. This may be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupted." Please help me....
  5. HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.

HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.: I've Purchased HEVC video extension from Microsoft Store. Still, the media player is saying- "We can't open sequence 01.mp4. This may be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupted." Please help me....
  6. HEVC Video Extension Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Video Extension Not Working: Hi there Yesterday I purchased the HEVC Image Extenion for €1 in the Microsoft Store yesterday.I have recorded lots of footage with my DJI Mini 3 Pro in h.265, MP4, 4K, 10 bit colour. But I am still unable to open these images even after installing the extension. However I...
  7. HEVC Video Extension Not Working

HEVC Video Extension Not Working: Hi there Yesterday I purchased the HEVC Image Extenion for €1 in the Microsoft Store yesterday.I have recorded lots of footage with my DJI Mini 3 Pro in h.265, MP4, 4K, 10 bit colour. But I am still unable to open these images even after installing the extension. However I...
  8. Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?: I bought the file extension for my Windows 10 computer but I now own a Windows 11 computer. I was going to install the extension on my new computer but when I go to the Microsoft store, it says it's for Windows 10. Do I install this version or is there once specific for...
  9. HEVC Extension not working after upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Extension not working after upgrade to Windows 11: Split from this thread.HiEven I am having the same issue. On windows 10 i had HEVC from Device Manufacturer extension made by Microsoft and after updating to Win 11 i am not able to play 4K 10bit mkv files which i was able to before. I reinstalled the app multiple times but...
  10. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEVC Extension: Hi, good day I have downloaded the HEVC extension but it is not launching and I am not sure why. Also, I have v video on my phone that I have exported to my laptop however when the videos are being played I am seeing a grey screen around the video and I am unable to see my...