Windows 10: HEVC Extension Purchase

Discus and support HEVC Extension Purchase in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have purchased the Windows HEVC extension , received the email confirming purchase. There is no link supplied of information as to how to install it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GDRtrd, Mar 18, 2023.

1. GDRtrd Win User

HEVC Extension Purchase

I have purchased the Windows HEVC extension , received the email confirming purchase. There is no link supplied of information as to how to install it. Can anyone help me?Thank you

:)

GDRtrd, Mar 18, 2023

2. HEVC Extension

Hello LoyalJoshua,

Thank you for responding.

Here are the things we might consider why you have this problem:

• Faulty Microsoft Store services.
    • You're not signed it to the correct Microsoft account where the app is registered.
    • Incompatible app to Windows 11.
    The following are the suggested methods to troubleshoot Microsoft Store and apps issues:

METHOD 1: Install Windows updates

Make sure Windows 11 has the latest update.

1. Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
    2. If there is an available update, select Install now.
    METHOD 2: Make sure that HEVC Extension app works with Windows 11.

Please see link below for more information about apps that aren't compatible:

Your app doesn't work with Windows

METHOD 3: Update Microsoft Store app

1. In Microsoft Store > Library.
    2. Look for Microsoft Store in the list, if updates is available, proceed in installing it.
    3. Check if it is working now.
    METHOD 4: Sign out and sign back in

Sign out the current account and make sure you sign back in with the right Microsoft account you use when you purchase this app.

1. Open Microsoft Store.
    2. At the upper-right corner, click on the profile icon and select your account.
    3. Click the Sign out button.
    4. Click on the profile icon again and click sign in.
    5. Once done, try to play the video again.
    METHOD 5: Open the video with HEVC Extension app

Try to open the video directly to HEVC Extension app.

1. Open File Explorer, locate where you save the video.
    2. Right-click on it and select Open with.
    3. Then select HEVC Extension app from the list.
    METHOD 6: Reset Microsoft Store

It will reset and delete the app data to resolve common problems.

1. Open Windows Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Select Microsoft Store app.
    3. Click the Advanced options link and click Reset button.
    4. Check if it's now working.
    METHOD 7: Reinstall HEVC Extension app

If the above steps did not work, try reinstalling the app instead.

1. Open Windows Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Select HEVC Extension app.
    3. Click the Advanced options link and click Uninstall button.
    4. To reinstall, open Microsoft Store again.
    5. Select Library. Find the app you want to reinstall, and then select Install.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator

Mara May M, Mar 18, 2023
  3. HEVC Extension appears to installed incorrectly

Hello Team

I have purchased and installed the HEVC extension to view 4k content on streaming platforms such as Netflix .

Off late I've noticed that navigating to Apps-> HEVC Extension and clicking on the extended options (three dots) and selecting advanced options just crashes the entire app setting window .

More ever I am no longer able to view UHD videos on Netflix, could you please suggest a way to clean uninstall and install this app

AnishAnnadurai, Mar 18, 2023
  4. HEVC Extension Purchase

HEVC Video extension not installing

Hi,

I am trying to view HEIC image files on my Windows 10 PC

I installed HEIF extension from Microsoft Store, it installed properly, but still Photos app is showing only blurry images.

Upon googling i saw advice to install HEVC Video extension too.

I bought HEVC Video extension from the Microsoft Store and when click on "Install" nothing happens and HEVC is not listed in the Apps & Features list. (HEIF extension is present in this list)

When i select the three dots near the "Install" button i was given the list of machines i want the extension to be installed on. When i select the machine i am trying to install on, all i get is the message saying that "We will attempt to install the extension on the machine you requested" but no action

Is there a way for me to get the binary myself and install it manually instead of relying on some auto install program?

I have already wasted 2 days trying to view HEIC files on Windows 10.

Shanmugam.Mohanraj, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

HEVC Extension Purchase

1. HEVC Extension Purchase - Similar Threads - HEVC Extension Purchase

2. Can't purchase HEVC video extensions on the store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't purchase HEVC video extensions on the store: I put all my visa card information but when I want to choose the country the scroll box is deactivated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-purchase-hevc-video-extensions-on-the-store/6e143fcb-8a41-4c4a-9420-9f25e845b883
  3. Can't purchase HEVC video extensions on the store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't purchase HEVC video extensions on the store: I put all my visa card information but when I want to choose the country the scroll box is deactivated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-purchase-hevc-video-extensions-on-the-store/6e143fcb-8a41-4c4a-9420-9f25e845b883
  4. HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.: I've Purchased HEVC video extension from Microsoft Store. Still, the media player is saying- "We can't open sequence 01.mp4. This may be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupted." Please help me....
  5. HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.

HEVC video extension. is not working after purchase.: I've Purchased HEVC video extension from Microsoft Store. Still, the media player is saying- "We can't open sequence 01.mp4. This may be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupted." Please help me....
  6. HEVC Extension Purchase

HEVC Extension Purchase: I have purchased the Windows HEVC extension , received the email confirming purchase. There is no link supplied of information as to how to install it. Can anyone help me?Thank you...
  7. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Extension: Hi There,I have HEVC Extension but it say to download one more timePFA, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extension/0dd6bd13-bdba-4cc5-a5a1-8bd77e1f2fca
  8. HEVC Extension

HEVC Extension: Hi There,I have HEVC Extension but it say to download one more timePFA, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extension/0dd6bd13-bdba-4cc5-a5a1-8bd77e1f2fca
  9. HEVC extensions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEVC extensions: Microsoft downloaded HEIF and HEVC extensions to my laptop recently, but only HEIF was downloaded to my PC. Why do I have to pay for HEVC extensions for my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extensions/7215b176-e82b-4276-b012-ec7e067419d2
  10. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEVC Extension: Hi, good day I have downloaded the HEVC extension but it is not launching and I am not sure why. Also, I have v video on my phone that I have exported to my laptop however when the videos are being played I am seeing a grey screen around the video and I am unable to see my...