Windows 10: HEVC extensions for Windows 10 do not work properly

Discus and support HEVC extensions for Windows 10 do not work properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the video extensions HEVC from Microsoft Corporation directly, two days ago. I use Windows 10. Now it opens the Apple .MOV files but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RosieTaborn, Jun 4, 2020.

1. HEVC extensions for Windows 10 do not work properly

I bought the video extensions HEVC from Microsoft Corporation directly, two days ago. I use Windows 10. Now it opens the

Apple .MOV files but the video and the audio do not match. The audio is fine but the video plays in slow motion. So, when the audio is done the video is still running. What can I do? When I bought the codec Microsoft said it was being installed in my computer but I cannot seem to find it.

:)

RosieTaborn, Jun 4, 2020
  2. ElinaTi Win User

Files with HEVC extentions do not work properly

Hello, I just downloaded HEVC videos files from my Samsung Galaxy S10+. Part of videos did not open and showed the notification that they need HEVC extensions. So I downloaded extensions app but from now the files starts with green screen and interutps
    and starts again (stumbles) every milisecond. When I open the video files with Windows Media Player they become foggy and lose quality. Any suggestions?

ElinaTi, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Microsoft HEVC extensions: WIndows 10 Explorer crashes if an iPhone X HEVC MOV file is listed in "quick access" recent files

Hi,

Windows 10 1709 16299.192 64bit up to date

installed Microsoft HEVC extensions from WIndows Store so the Photos App and Movies can preview and play iPhone X HEVC MOV files

problem: Explorer invariably crashes each time I open "quick access" if a HEVC MOV file is listed in the recent files

the only way to stop the "quick access" view from crashing is to open another view (e.g. Dowloads), go to Properties and erase the file history

I can reproduce this any number of times, just by erasing the "recentrs" history, playing an iPhone X HEVC MOV file from Explorer, then open "quick access"

Explorer opens fine, it shows the MOV file, then after a fraction of a second Explorer becomes unresponsive and shortly thereafter it restarts

I believe it's a bug in the HEVC extensions, triggering an explorer crash, maybe when explorer tries to poll some property that became available with HEVC extensions

uninstalled and reinstalled HEVC extensions but no change

has anyone encountered this anomaly?

thanks

Roberto Fasiani, Jun 4, 2020
  4. AnaCamps Win User

HEVC extensions for Windows 10 do not work properly

HEIF AND HEVC Media Extensions

Hi Mylobotomy ,

My name is Ana. I am an Independent Advisor. Thanks for contacting our support.

To know if the extensions are installed before you go on the pc to:

Settings> Apps> Apps & features.

and search the extensions list.

The only caveat about HEIF is that files using HEVC codecs requires modern hardware, such as Intel 7th Gen Core processors and newer graphics cards. Otherwise, the extension will not work as expected when playing videos.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-open-heic-an...

Let me know if I help

Regards

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

AnaCamps, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

HEVC extensions for Windows 10 do not work properly

1. HEVC extensions for Windows 10 do not work properly - Similar Threads - HEVC extensions properly

2. HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working: SO here it is Dec 31st and I have the same problem with not being able to read the HEVC files on my Windows 11 system either. I downloaded the version from the Microsoft Store and installed but can't file the app on my system anywhere. Downloaded it 3 times, but nothing. I...
  3. HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEVC file extension for Windows 11 not working: SO here it is Dec 31st and I have the same problem with not being able to read the HEVC files on my Windows 11 system either. I downloaded the version from the Microsoft Store and installed but can't file the app on my system anywhere. Downloaded it 3 times, but nothing. I...
  4. HEVC Video Extension Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Video Extension Not Working: Hi there Yesterday I purchased the HEVC Image Extenion for €1 in the Microsoft Store yesterday.I have recorded lots of footage with my DJI Mini 3 Pro in h.265, MP4, 4K, 10 bit colour. But I am still unable to open these images even after installing the extension. However I...
  5. HEVC Video Extension Not Working

HEVC Video Extension Not Working: Hi there Yesterday I purchased the HEVC Image Extenion for €1 in the Microsoft Store yesterday.I have recorded lots of footage with my DJI Mini 3 Pro in h.265, MP4, 4K, 10 bit colour. But I am still unable to open these images even after installing the extension. However I...
  6. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Extension: Hi There,I have HEVC Extension but it say to download one more timePFA, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extension/0dd6bd13-bdba-4cc5-a5a1-8bd77e1f2fca
  7. HEVC Extension

HEVC Extension: Hi There,I have HEVC Extension but it say to download one more timePFA, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extension/0dd6bd13-bdba-4cc5-a5a1-8bd77e1f2fca
  8. HEVC extensions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEVC extensions: Microsoft downloaded HEIF and HEVC extensions to my laptop recently, but only HEIF was downloaded to my PC. Why do I have to pay for HEVC extensions for my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extensions/7215b176-e82b-4276-b012-ec7e067419d2
  9. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEVC Extension: Hi, good day I have downloaded the HEVC extension but it is not launching and I am not sure why. Also, I have v video on my phone that I have exported to my laptop however when the videos are being played I am seeing a grey screen around the video and I am unable to see my...
  10. Files with HEVC extentions do not work properly

Files with HEVC extentions do not work properly: Hello, I just downloaded HEVC videos files from my Samsung Galaxy S10+. Part of videos did not open and showed the notification that they need HEVC extensions. So I downloaded extensions app but from now the files starts with green screen and interutps and starts again...