Windows 10: HEVC file extensions

Discus and support HEVC file extensions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my old device, there is a app called "HEVC extensions from the device manufactureer" but on my new PC, it says i have to buy it for £0.79. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tarven, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Tarven Win User

HEVC file extensions

On my old device, there is a app called "HEVC extensions from the device manufactureer" but on my new PC, it says i have to buy it for £0.79. But my old PC just says "HEVC extensions" and its free.. but this no longer is searchable on the store.... how can i get it?

:)

Tarven, Aug 31, 2020

2. Microsoft HEVC extensions: WIndows 10 Explorer crashes if an iPhone X HEVC MOV file is listed in "quick access" recent files

Hi,

Windows 10 1709 16299.192 64bit up to date

installed Microsoft HEVC extensions from WIndows Store so the Photos App and Movies can preview and play iPhone X HEVC MOV files

problem: Explorer invariably crashes each time I open "quick access" if a HEVC MOV file is listed in the recent files

the only way to stop the "quick access" view from crashing is to open another view (e.g. Dowloads), go to Properties and erase the file history

I can reproduce this any number of times, just by erasing the "recentrs" history, playing an iPhone X HEVC MOV file from Explorer, then open "quick access"

Explorer opens fine, it shows the MOV file, then after a fraction of a second Explorer becomes unresponsive and shortly thereafter it restarts

I believe it's a bug in the HEVC extensions, triggering an explorer crash, maybe when explorer tries to poll some property that became available with HEVC extensions

uninstalled and reinstalled HEVC extensions but no change

has anyone encountered this anomaly?

thanks

Roberto Fasiani, Aug 31, 2020
  3. HEVC Video Extensions

I bought HEVC Video Extensions from microsoft store but was never told what file it was downloaded to or how to access it. Where is it?

DennisDennison1, Aug 31, 2020
  4. HEVC file extensions

HEVC Video Extensions

Hi DennisDennison1 and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

It is just an extension/codec that installed on your Windows 10 to be able to play HEVC or H.264 video format using the default video player installed on your Windows 10 PC.

Play High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) videos in any video app on your Windows 10 device. These extensions are designed to take advantage of hardware capabilities on some newer devices— including those with an Intel 7th Generation Core processor and newer
    GPU to support 4K and Ultra HD content. For devices that don’t have hardware support for HEVC videos, software support is provided, but the playback experience might vary based on the video resolution and PC performance. These extensions also let you encode
    HEVC content on devices that don’t have a hardware-based video encoder.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-ex...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Joseph Y. M., Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

HEVC file extensions

1. HEVC file extensions - Similar Threads - HEVC file extensions

2. HEVC extension pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC extension pack: Hi there, I'm trying with great difficulty to pay for the HEVC extension pack. Microsoft Store thinks I'm in the US, even when all my location settings on my laptop are for the UK. I put my my payment details in and it only allows me to chose US state for my home address. Any...
  3. Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?: I bought the file extension for my Windows 10 computer but I now own a Windows 11 computer. I was going to install the extension on my new computer but when I go to the Microsoft store, it says it's for Windows 10. Do I install this version or is there once specific for...
  4. Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there an HEVC file extension for Windows 11?: I bought the file extension for my Windows 10 computer but I now own a Windows 11 computer. I was going to install the extension on my new computer but when I go to the Microsoft store, it says it's for Windows 10. Do I install this version or is there once specific for...
  5. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Extension: Hi There,I have HEVC Extension but it say to download one more timePFA, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extension/0dd6bd13-bdba-4cc5-a5a1-8bd77e1f2fca
  6. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEVC Extension: Hi There,I have HEVC Extension but it say to download one more timePFA, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extension/0dd6bd13-bdba-4cc5-a5a1-8bd77e1f2fca
  7. HEVC extensions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEVC extensions: Microsoft downloaded HEIF and HEVC extensions to my laptop recently, but only HEIF was downloaded to my PC. Why do I have to pay for HEVC extensions for my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-extensions/7215b176-e82b-4276-b012-ec7e067419d2
  8. HEVC Extension

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEVC Extension: Hi, good day I have downloaded the HEVC extension but it is not launching and I am not sure why. Also, I have v video on my phone that I have exported to my laptop however when the videos are being played I am seeing a grey screen around the video and I am unable to see my...
  9. HEVC Video Extension

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEVC Video Extension: I ordered the HEVC Video Extension because I downloaded a video from school and when I went to view it, it said "Should we download and install this extra content for Movies and TV?" When I click okay it says "Couldn't install. Something happened and we weren't able to...
  10. HEVC Video Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEVC Video Extensions: I paid for the HEVC Video Extensions but received no directions for download or how to access it. I still can not play video on my brand new Windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-video-extensions/c927d441-3479-4a75-8e3d-cf6113e25810