Windows 10: Hey Cortana not opening

Discus and support Hey Cortana not opening in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana recognizes my voice perfectly when I click on it, I've run troubleshooted the microphone nothing is wrong all other programs recognize it fine.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Npiza, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Npiza Win User

Hey Cortana not opening

Cortana recognizes my voice perfectly when I click on it, I've run troubleshooted the microphone nothing is wrong all other programs recognize it fine. But when I say hey Cortana the task bar shifts slightly as it recognizes the prompt but it doesn't come up; I've tried saying an instruction straight after and it still doesn't work. It just randomly started working a 2 days ago and now it doesn't again. I've only had this laptop for a week, its the Lenovo Yoga c640. I've checked the drive too. How do I fix this? Windows 10

:)

Npiza, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

How to enable Hey Cortana on Android

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, Hey Cortana feature is turned off unless you activate it. Kindly follow the steps below to enable the feature.

• Launch the Cortana app on your Android device.
    • Click on the Menu.
    • Click on Hey Cortana.
    • Toggle the switch to position On for
      From the Cortana app

The Hey Cortana feature will not work when the phone is in standby mode, however you can follow the steps mentioned in the article below to enable Cortana on lock screen.

Getting started with Cortana

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Cortana not responding after "Hey Cortana"

Hey guys, I have windows 10 pro 64bit and a couple days ago when I said hey cortana it opened up and I could say stuff like what time is it. Now (without changing anything) it responds to "Hey Cortana" but after that it just says "Listening..." until I close it. Same thing if I trigger it with the mouse. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

UltimaA380, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Hey Cortana not opening

Hey Cortana

It can be opened by touch the search button or home screen tile or from app list. The real problem is every time I have to touch the microphone icon to speak to Cortana.

Where is my 'Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana" ' setting ?

SonyJoshua, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Hey Cortana not opening

1. Hey Cortana not opening - Similar Threads - Hey Cortana opening

2. Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana: Two days ago, I had Hey Cortana. It was set up and running fine. Cortana appeared in Settings and all was well. Yesterday, I had the old version back and had to sign back in. Cortana had disappeared from Settings and the "Hey Cortana" option was gone. Cortana is now...
  3. Hey Cortana??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey Cortana??: So this is a serious bug which I am experiencing from the past few weeks..... I cant type in Cortana search bar/ windows settings search bar....... this getting serious as I am having trouble finding my files and apps....... any help regarding this would be appreciated :-)...
  4. Enable Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Enable Hey Cortana: Dear Community I just purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Updated as below. I am based in India where Cortana is supposed to work. Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Installed on: 22nd Oct, 2020 OS build: 19042.572 I am unable to get "Hey Cortana"...
  5. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: Hi guys. I can not change the setting for Let cortana respond to "hey cortana" It is off at the moment. I can find the setting to change it but it is not lit up and i can not click on it. I have attached a picture. Please help. Thanks [IMG]...
  6. Hey Cortana not opening

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana not opening: Cortana recognises my voice perfectly when I click on it, I've run troubleshoot[IMG]ed the microphone nothing is wrong all other programs recognise it fine. But when I say hey Cortana the task bar shifts slightly as it recognises the prompt but it doesn't come up GIF shows...
  7. Hey, Cortana!

in Cortana
    Hey, Cortana!: Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana! Did they disabled the feature? Windows 10 home -ver. 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/ed5cc79b-5cb3-4ae3-90e6-bfbc87aa32a7"
  8. Cortana not respon to hey cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana not respon to hey cortana: My cortana not respond to Hey Cortana. I need to press windows+c key or the icon to activate it to start talking. Cortana still respond to hey cortana last week. [ATTACH]...
  9. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: I have a Lumia 650 mobile. How can I get hey Cortana installed, I have Cortana but I want the 'upgraded version'. Any ideas? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/5e3f71c9-490c-48c4-b72b-7477f09acd77"
  10. Hey Cortana unresponsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hey Cortana unresponsive: Hi, I'm not too sure what category this would go under so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. Last night I updated my Acer Aspire V5-571 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I was very eager to use the Cortana feature but after setting everything up the Hey Cortana feature...