Windows 10: Hey, Cortana!

Discus and support Hey, Cortana! in Cortana to solve the problem; Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana! Did they disabled the feature? Windows 10 home -ver. 1909... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Valentino Hamzai, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Hey, Cortana!

Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana!
    Did they disabled the feature?

Windows 10 home -ver. 1909

:)

Valentino Hamzai, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

How to enable Hey Cortana on Android

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, Hey Cortana feature is turned off unless you activate it. Kindly follow the steps below to enable the feature.

• Launch the Cortana app on your Android device.
    • Click on the Menu.
    • Click on Hey Cortana.
    • Toggle the switch to position On for
      From the Cortana app

The Hey Cortana feature will not work when the phone is in standby mode, however you can follow the steps mentioned in the article below to enable Cortana on lock screen.

Getting started with Cortana

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 28, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Hey cortana enabling switch is missing

Hi Donald,

You may find the Hey Cortana setting by following the steps below:

• Select the search box in the task bar.
    • Select Notebook > Settings.
    • Under Hey Cortana, switch the toggle to On.
    Note: Cortana is only available in certain countries/region and some Cortana features might not be available everywhere.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us about it.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Hey, Cortana!

"Hey Cortana" does not work

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

It's possible that your microphone settings are incorrect. Let's try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Check if you have enabled the "Hey Cortana" feature

• Click on the Windows Search bar or Press Windows key.

• Click on the Hamburger sign at the top left of the window and click on
      Settings.

• Enable Let Cortana respond when you say 'Hey Cortana' option.

• Now check if it works. (Tip: After you say "Hey Cortana", follow up with a question/service for Cortana to respond).
    Step 2:

If issue persists, follow the suggestion provided by Jason D on January 29,
    2015 from below link and check if it helps:

Having problems with “Hey Cortana” hearing me

Also, see: Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds
    (Created by Barb Bowman).

Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the status we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Hey, Cortana!

1. Hey, Cortana! - Similar Threads - Hey Cortana

2. How can I get "Hey Cortana" to work?

in Cortana
    How can I get "Hey Cortana" to work?: Here is everything I've tried thus far: Toggling Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana" off and on Updating my Windows 10 OS to the latest version Going through the troubleshooter to set up my microphone again Killing the Cortana processes via Task Manager Operating System...
  3. Cortana not respon to hey cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana not respon to hey cortana: My cortana not respond to Hey Cortana. I need to press windows+c key or the icon to activate it to start talking. Cortana still respond to hey cortana last week. [ATTACH]...
  4. My Cortana is Enabled Hey Cortana But I can't find an ICON anywhere, even in apps?

in Cortana
    My Cortana is Enabled Hey Cortana But I can't find an ICON anywhere, even in apps?: Hello: I am unable to find the Cortana icon anywhere, even in applications. I can say "Hey Cortana" and it brings it up, but why no icon? Thanks, Rich Locus...
  5. "Hey Cortana" going off randomly in Windows 10

in Cortana
    "Hey Cortana" going off randomly in Windows 10: I turned on "Hey Cortana" on my PC so I can summon her without having to click the icon. It works fine, but every once in awhile it will go off automatically and interrupt what I'm doing. No audio playing on the PC sounds anything remotely close to "Cortana". Here are my PC's...
  6. on the new update i cant get cortana to learn how i say hey cortana[the six questions]

in Cortana
    on the new update i cant get cortana to learn how i say hey cortana[the six questions]: so I cant get cortana to learn my voice because since I got the update the blue thing get cortana to learn your voice isn't there and I need cortanna on my pc...
  7. Learn how I say "Hey Cortana" is not working.

in Cortana
    Learn how I say "Hey Cortana" is not working.: when i press Learn how i say "hey cortana" and try to talk i can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/learn-how-i-say-hey-cortana-is-not-working/1bfa9e7b-8cbe-40b1-b90c-46e6f490b0fc"
  8. How can I use "Hey Cortana" on Android to send texts and play music?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use "Hey Cortana" on Android to send texts and play music?: I am a Windows phone fan. I still have my Lumia 1020 and 950. I have Cortana set to ALWAYS ON with EVERY DEVICE WE OWN. I DEPEND upon the ability to use it completely hands-free. When I'm working or when I'm in my car, I NEED the ability to say "Hey, Cortana, text my...
  9. let cortana respond to ''Hey Cortana''

in Cortana
    let cortana respond to ''Hey Cortana'': the button to this feature is locked how do I turn it on * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/let-cortana-respond-to-hey-cortana/55e73b68-a4f3-4840-914f-f150ffb8c28f"
  10. Cortana still opens with my "Hey Cortana" command but closes a moment later regardless of...

in Cortana
    Cortana still opens with my "Hey Cortana" command but closes a moment later regardless of...: I am using a new Logitech Webcam which works fine with Google and voice commands. I have refreshed my Microsoft account, I have tried all suggestions provided including Task Manager restart, Powershell (Admin) commands and a Windows 10 reload...nothing helps. I may have to...