Windows 10: Hey cortana

Discus and support Hey cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi guys. I can not change the setting for Let cortana respond to "hey cortana" It is off at the moment. I can find the setting to change it but it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BenBraggins, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Hey cortana

Hi guys. I can not change the setting for

Let cortana respond to "hey cortana"

It is off at the moment. I can find the setting to change it but it is not lit up and i can not click on it. I have attached a picture. Please help. Thanks Hey cortana [​IMG]

:)

BenBraggins, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

How to enable Hey Cortana on Android

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, Hey Cortana feature is turned off unless you activate it. Kindly follow the steps below to enable the feature.

• Launch the Cortana app on your Android device.
    • Click on the Menu.
    • Click on Hey Cortana.
    • Toggle the switch to position On for
      From the Cortana app

The Hey Cortana feature will not work when the phone is in standby mode, however you can follow the steps mentioned in the article below to enable Cortana on lock screen.

Getting started with Cortana

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 25, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Hey cortana enabling switch is missing

Hi Donald,

You may find the Hey Cortana setting by following the steps below:

• Select the search box in the task bar.
    • Select Notebook > Settings.
    • Under Hey Cortana, switch the toggle to On.
    Note: Cortana is only available in certain countries/region and some Cortana features might not be available everywhere.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us about it.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Hey cortana

"Hey Cortana" does not work

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

It's possible that your microphone settings are incorrect. Let's try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Check if you have enabled the "Hey Cortana" feature

• Click on the Windows Search bar or Press Windows key.

• Click on the Hamburger sign at the top left of the window and click on
      Settings.

• Enable Let Cortana respond when you say 'Hey Cortana' option.

• Now check if it works. (Tip: After you say "Hey Cortana", follow up with a question/service for Cortana to respond).
    Step 2:

If issue persists, follow the suggestion provided by Jason D on January 29,
    2015 from below link and check if it helps:

Having problems with “Hey Cortana” hearing me

Also, see: Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds
    (Created by Barb Bowman).

Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the status we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Hey cortana

1. Hey cortana - Similar Threads - Hey cortana

2. How to keep talking to Cortana without saying "Hey Cortana" every time.

in Cortana
    How to keep talking to Cortana without saying "Hey Cortana" every time.: The title says it all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-keep-talking-to-cortana-without-saying-hey/8618e88e-ad28-47e8-b1e8-9b625dfd0cf6
  3. How to setup cortana respond to ok cortana instaed of hey cortana

in Cortana
    How to setup cortana respond to ok cortana instaed of hey cortana: I dont want to say hey cortana instaead i want instaead ok cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-cortana-respond-to-ok-cortana-instaed/eafedf6a-99ce-48a9-a249-f3639caf52aa
  4. Hey cortana and cortana option is missing in setting

in Cortana
    Hey cortana and cortana option is missing in setting: I am using windows 10 home... In this windows i dont see hey cortana activation and cortana option in setting.. Is this any problem in update or not available in windows 10 home?...
  5. Enable Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Enable Hey Cortana: Dear Community I just purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Updated as below. I am based in India where Cortana is supposed to work. Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Installed on: 22nd Oct, 2020 OS build: 19042.572 I am unable to get "Hey Cortana"...
  6. Unable to make Cortana listen to my voice and unable to make Cortana listen to “Hey Cortana”

in Cortana
    Unable to make Cortana listen to my voice and unable to make Cortana listen to “Hey Cortana”: Hello community, I am having trouble with Cortana on my laptop because it doesn’t let me use my voice to control Cortana. I have been trying my best with Cortana’s settings and it says to adjist cloud settings. Please help me....
  7. Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana"

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana": Cortana can hear me, but she's no longer activated by voice and is instead activated inside a chatbox window. Where can I activate "activate Cortana by voice"?...
  8. "Hey Cortana" Voice Activation is currently unavailable

in Cortana
    "Hey Cortana" Voice Activation is currently unavailable: Trying to set up "Hey Cortana" Unable to.. I see no options. When I click Windows+C it does pop up.. I have check setting over and over and no option to turn on "Hey Cortana" When I turn on Cortana and check setting from there I see " Wake word invocation is currently...
  9. learn how I say hey cortana"

in Cortana
    learn how I say hey cortana": I have Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit V2004 build 19041.388 and I want to enable hey cartana but I want it to response only to my voice but I can't find 'learn how I say hey cortana"' button in windows search is it deleted? if yes can I bring it back? if yes how?...
  10. hey cortana no longer works

in Cortana
    hey cortana no longer works: hey cortana has stopped working for a few weeks now. If I look in the settings it says "wake work invocation is currently unavailable and will be included in a future update" Even if I type anything to Cortana instead, all it does it search bing, nothing else works, no...