Windows 10: Hey Cortana??

Discus and support Hey Cortana?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this is a serious bug which I am experiencing from the past few weeks..... I cant type in Cortana search bar/ windows settings search bar.......... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vision_shockwave, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Hey Cortana??

So this is a serious bug which I am experiencing from the past few weeks..... I cant type in Cortana search bar/ windows settings search bar....... this getting serious as I am having trouble finding my files and apps....... any help regarding this would be appreciated Hey Cortana?? :)

submitted by /u/vision_shockwave
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vision_shockwave, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

How to enable Hey Cortana on Android

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, Hey Cortana feature is turned off unless you activate it. Kindly follow the steps below to enable the feature.

• Launch the Cortana app on your Android device.
    • Click on the Menu.
    • Click on Hey Cortana.
    • Toggle the switch to position On for
      From the Cortana app

The Hey Cortana feature will not work when the phone is in standby mode, however you can follow the steps mentioned in the article below to enable Cortana on lock screen.

Getting started with Cortana

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 6, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Hey cortana enabling switch is missing

Hi Donald,

You may find the Hey Cortana setting by following the steps below:

• Select the search box in the task bar.
    • Select Notebook > Settings.
    • Under Hey Cortana, switch the toggle to On.
    Note: Cortana is only available in certain countries/region and some Cortana features might not be available everywhere.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us about it.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Hey Cortana??

"Hey Cortana" does not work

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

It's possible that your microphone settings are incorrect. Let's try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Check if you have enabled the "Hey Cortana" feature

• Click on the Windows Search bar or Press Windows key.

• Click on the Hamburger sign at the top left of the window and click on
      Settings.

• Enable Let Cortana respond when you say 'Hey Cortana' option.

• Now check if it works. (Tip: After you say "Hey Cortana", follow up with a question/service for Cortana to respond).
    Step 2:

If issue persists, follow the suggestion provided by Jason D on January 29,
    2015 from below link and check if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...aring-me/3f9a3fdb-6185-4d7c-8d6d-5979811a112d

Also, see: Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds
    (Created by Barb Bowman).

Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the status we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Hey Cortana??

1. Hey Cortana?? - Similar Threads - Hey Cortana

2. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  3. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  4. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen: Hi,For some reason, I cannot enable Cortana to respond to "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana" when I have my Windows 10 computers locked. I have tried this on three separate windows 10 computers running 21H2 one Windows 10 Home with 16GB/i7 and the other two Windows 10 Pro...one...
  5. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Cortana
    Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen: Hi,For some reason, I cannot enable Cortana to respond to "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana" when I have my Windows 10 computers locked. I have tried this on three separate windows 10 computers running 21H2 one Windows 10 Home with 16GB/i7 and the other two Windows 10 Pro...one...
  6. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Hey Cortana not working

Hey Cortana not working: Recently upgraded to windows 11 and "Hey Cortana" is not working. Checked my mic and speaker settings and all is good. When I open Cortana app and press mic icon, Cortana listens and responds with no issues....
  8. Hey Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey Cortana not working: Recently upgraded to windows 11 and "Hey Cortana" is not working. Checked my mic and speaker settings and all is good. When I open Cortana app and press mic icon, Cortana listens and responds with no issues....
  9. Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana: Two days ago, I had Hey Cortana. It was set up and running fine. Cortana appeared in Settings and all was well. Yesterday, I had the old version back and had to sign back in. Cortana had disappeared from Settings and the "Hey Cortana" option was gone. Cortana is now...
  10. How to set up "hey Cortana" voice activation?

in Cortana
    How to set up "hey Cortana" voice activation?: Hi, how do I set up Cortana to recognise my voice? In Cortana settings voice activation is turned on, but nothing was prompted to speak a line or something similar to make my voice be recognised by Cortana.... How do I do that? Cortana want launch when I say "hey Cortana"...