Windows 10: Hey guys my wifi is not working and I have done everything but nothing is working please...

Discus and support Hey guys my wifi is not working and I have done everything but nothing is working please... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kam3liondude [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kam3liondude, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Hey guys my wifi is not working and I have done everything but nothing is working please...

/u/kam3liondude, Nov 17, 2019

2. WiFi Access Point Discovery GUI not Working

No. As I mentioned before, this is a Windows 10 issue, not related to any provider or ISP. And most assuredly not a AP or Router GUI. This is NOT about connecting to an AP or Router management console, this is entirely trying to define why the Network
    Connection GUI is not displaying available, or any, access points.

If you click on the WiFi logo down in the (typically) bottom right corner, near the time, you will be presented with a Graphical User Interface (GUI) that will list all of the available WiFi Access Points or Routers. On a normally functioning system, there
    will be listed the available options, and you can chose which one you want to attach to.

On this system, there are no listed WiFi APs or Routers in that GUI.

When you run a "Command Line Query" through the Command Prompt and execute "netsh show all", the system lists several available WiFi Routers or Access Points, proving that the computers hardware can see
    the available options, which leads me to believe that the GUI in the corner is having some form of error that is not easily resolved with the typical knowledge items which were tested, as mentioned above.

My focus is to find a way to reset the GUI so that it can "present" the APs and Routers that are available to be used.

Additionally I installed NetSetMan and it allows the computer to attach to the previously mentioned APs and Routers that the Command Line executable, but as this is a more complex program, it is my desire
    to have the Microsoft Default GUI be able to be used as the default.

Again, the hardware works correctly, and can connect to WiFi if I use a 3rd party app. It can see the exact same APs/Routers that the "netsh
    show all" command shows. The WiFi GUI in the corner does not work as per normal.

Christoph Gorman, Nov 17, 2019
  3. "Hey Cortana" does not work

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

It's possible that your microphone settings are incorrect. Let's try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Check if you have enabled the "Hey Cortana" feature

• Click on the Windows Search bar or Press Windows key.

• Click on the Hamburger sign at the top left of the window and click on
      Settings.

• Enable Let Cortana respond when you say 'Hey Cortana' option.

• Now check if it works. (Tip: After you say "Hey Cortana", follow up with a question/service for Cortana to respond).
    Step 2:

If issue persists, follow the suggestion provided by Jason D on January 29,
    2015 from below link and check if it helps:

Having problems with “Hey Cortana” hearing me

Also, see: Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds
    (Created by Barb Bowman).

Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the status we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Hey guys my wifi is not working and I have done everything but nothing is working please...

Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works that way.
    I had a vpn installed on my windows 7 system and read that this may be to blame. I reverted back to win 7 and uninstalled it but when I reupgraded to 10 I still have the same issue. I found the following instructions for a fix.. Fortunately – there is a solution.
    "Step 1 – First things first, Right-Click the newly-reinstated Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the drop-down menu.
    Step 2 – Type out the following command, then hit the Enter key
    reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f
    Step 3 – Enter the below command into the Command Prompt and then triumphantly hit the Enter key
    netcfg -v -u dni_dne
    Step 4 – Restart the PC and then double-check your wifi settings. You should now see a revived list of all of the available networks within range."
    However when I try step 1 it says "error: invalid key name. Type "reg delete /?" For usage."
    Any help is greatly appreciated as I will have to revert back again if I can't get it working.

MonsterFish, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Hey guys my wifi is not working and I have done everything but nothing is working please...

1. Hey guys my wifi is not working and I have done everything but nothing is working please... - Similar Threads - Hey guys wifi

2. Hey guys I have a problem and that is my organization in my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey guys I have a problem and that is my organization in my computer.: I cant remove my organization and also i have no organization in my computer but in the winver it says my name and org nameI also have tried every method but it doesn't work. And if there is a method please it should not be any new installation or resetting because my...
  3. Hey guys I have a problem and that is my organization in my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey guys I have a problem and that is my organization in my computer.: I cant remove my organization and also i have no organization in my computer but in the winver it says my name and org nameI also have tried every method but it doesn't work. And if there is a method please it should not be any new installation or resetting because my...
  4. hey guys...i m having 0xc000007b problem

hey guys...i m having 0xc000007b problem: HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? I TRIED ALL FIXES IN YOUTUBE INSTALLED ALL C++ THINGS AND DIRECT X 9,10,11SHOULD I RESET MY PC?I M HAVIN SUMMER VACATION AND I WANT TO PLAY THESE GAMESSS PLZZ HELPP...
  5. Hey guys

Hey guys: What is the difference between oem key and the installed key ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-guys/0e5681a2-8217-42b3-b024-a2233288df13
  6. Hey guys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hey guys: What is the difference between oem key and the installed key ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-guys/0e5681a2-8217-42b3-b024-a2233288df13
  7. Hey guys

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Please help nothing working nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please help nothing working nothing: [IMG]help nothing working in my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-nothing-working-nothing/648fe6d7-2de9-4835-b79a-b95d24d22d8e
  9. done everything edge wont work!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    done everything edge wont work!!!: I did all suggested steps online and in this forum but still having the same issue. plsss!! im frustrated right noow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/done-everything-edge-wont-work/5eab070e-fc66-4f5f-8ee3-ab236e52b738
  10. hey i have lost my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hey i have lost my wifi: hey i have lost my wifi it doesn't even show that i have wifi i had to do a reset after the reset no wifi help!! i have a lenovo H515 running windows 10 pro 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-have-lost-my-wifi/86aa119b-c24c-44b5-b6e2-784adc41c021