Windows 10: Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!

Discus and support Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was wondering when MS ever asked any if they wanted their info stored on their cloud? I do not recall having been asked if I wanted MS to be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MSgavemePTSD, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!

I was wondering when MS ever asked any if they wanted their info stored on their cloud? I do not recall having been asked if I wanted MS to be the gatekeeper of my data and info. Frankly, it is MY data and I can store it at my own location.I was also wondering since when do I need a MS account to access and use a brand new computer manufactured and sold with a MS operating system? Nothing on the box or was it ever disclosed that once the computer was purchased and set up that I would not be able to use it without entering or creating a MS account I did not buy a computer to marry MS. I bought

:)

MSgavemePTSD, Jun 20, 2022
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

How to enable Hey Cortana on Android

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, Hey Cortana feature is turned off unless you activate it. Kindly follow the steps below to enable the feature.

• Launch the Cortana app on your Android device.
    • Click on the Menu.
    • Click on Hey Cortana.
    • Toggle the switch to position On for
      From the Cortana app

The Hey Cortana feature will not work when the phone is in standby mode, however you can follow the steps mentioned in the article below to enable Cortana on lock screen.

Getting started with Cortana

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 20, 2022
  3. David Haz Win User
    Hey cortana enabling switch is missing

Hi Donald,

You may find the Hey Cortana setting by following the steps below:

• Select the search box in the task bar.
    • Select Notebook > Settings.
    • Under Hey Cortana, switch the toggle to On.
    Note: Cortana is only available in certain countries/region and some Cortana features might not be available everywhere.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us about it.

Regards.

David Haz, Jun 20, 2022
  4. Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!

"Hey Cortana" does not work

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

It's possible that your microphone settings are incorrect. Let's try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Check if you have enabled the "Hey Cortana" feature

• Click on the Windows Search bar or Press Windows key.

• Click on the Hamburger sign at the top left of the window and click on
      Settings.

• Enable Let Cortana respond when you say 'Hey Cortana' option.

• Now check if it works. (Tip: After you say "Hey Cortana", follow up with a question/service for Cortana to respond).
    Step 2:

If issue persists, follow the suggestion provided by Jason D on January 29,
    2015 from below link and check if it helps:

Redirecting

Also, see: Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds
    (Created by Barb Bowman).

Redirecting

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the status we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 20, 2022
Thema:

Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!

1. Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud! - Similar Threads - Hey hey Off

2. Hey Microsoft, You deleted my paper.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey Microsoft, You deleted my paper.: As a college student, I write many papers, many take over 5 hours to write, last night I was working on a Lab Paper for my Physics class. I left the document open when I fell asleep, and when I woke up, I had a pop-up saying I got to pay for Office 365, I thought "why the...
  3. Hey Microsoft, You deleted my paper.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey Microsoft, You deleted my paper.: As a college student, I write many papers, many take over 5 hours to write, last night I was working on a Lab Paper for my Physics class. I left the document open when I fell asleep, and when I woke up, I had a pop-up saying I got to pay for Office 365, I thought "why the...
  4. Hey!

Hey!: Hey, Call me Goni!So i wanted to update my windows 10 to 21h2 but i am running version 1803.Can you help me with this error Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 - 0x80070002I cant even update my windows 10 to 21h2 with media because when it hit 57 percents then it stops...
  5. Hey!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hey!: Hey, Call me Goni!So i wanted to update my windows 10 to 21h2 but i am running version 1803.Can you help me with this error Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 - 0x80070002I cant even update my windows 10 to 21h2 with media because when it hit 57 percents then it stops...
  6. Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!: I was wondering when MS ever asked any if they wanted their info stored on their cloud? I do not recall having been asked if I wanted MS to be the gatekeeper of my data and info. Frankly, it is MY data and I can store it at my own location.I was also wondering since when do I...
  7. Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!

Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!: I was wondering when MS ever asked any if they wanted their info stored on their cloud? I do not recall having been asked if I wanted MS to be the gatekeeper of my data and info. Frankly, it is MY data and I can store it at my own location.I was also wondering since when do I...
  8. Hey,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey,: Hi! I've over the past few days been trying to connect my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to my newly built desktop PC. I've previously had it working on my laptop with no issues, but when I try to connect it to my desktop it shows up in Devices and Printers, but not in...
  9. Hey, I want you to help and this is important.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hey, I want you to help and this is important.: I have tried multiple methods like sfc /scannow but nothing worked out. So now I am here to ask you guys about this. If you have a PC with windows 10 1809 will you please play a video on YouTube or any player and while it's running place it in a location where the start menu...
  10. Hey M$, do you realize the irony of Scroogled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hey M$, do you realize the irony of Scroogled?: Remember how M$ used to boast about "Scroogled", about how google scanned peoples emails, tracked them, and showed personalized ads? That's the thing about making such boasts online, they don't disappear over time, oh the hypocrisy!...