Windows 10: Hey how can I boost my download speed? My laptop has a download speed of 40MBit/s but I...

Discus and support Hey how can I boost my download speed? My laptop has a download speed of 40MBit/s but I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yvxleoxvy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yvxleoxvy, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Hey how can I boost my download speed? My laptop has a download speed of 40MBit/s but I...

/u/yvxleoxvy, Feb 20, 2021

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 20, 2021
  3. RapidRolo Win User
    Download speeds on widows 10

i do believe that i was the problem steam, discord and other apps show their speed in bytes not bits and after updating the windows store it has returned to normal thank you for your help though as these steps have boosted my download speed a little

RapidRolo, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Daniel Win User

Hey how can I boost my download speed? My laptop has a download speed of 40MBit/s but I...

Browsing speed is fast, but download speed is 0

I'm currently using Windows 10 and netcomm nb604n router.

Problem:
    Web browsing on chrome/edge/firefox works fast, but my download speed from majority of websites start around 10kb/s and eventually (in a few minutes) decrease to 0kb/s.

Here are some example files that does this:
    https://atlas.hashicorp.com/laravel/boxes/homestead/versions/1.0.1/providers/virtualbox.box
    Git for Windows (there is a download button)

When I am downloading from utorrent, or when I installed the Unity engine through Unity's installer, my download speed was fine.

Things that I have tried:

1. Running the test on speedtest.net. It says that my download speed is 18MB/s and upload speed is 1Mb/s. Of course this doesn't demonstrate the actual speed that I'll get when downloading/uploading from a server, but my ISP is using this to say that there is no problem on their side.
    2. Taking my router, filter, and all cables to another house and downloading the same files that I couldn't download. This worked perfectly fine, so I'm guessing that my equipment is not the issue.
    3. Using both wireless and LAN on a brand new computer and an old laptop. The problem exists in all cases.
    4. Resetting and restarting the router. Did not do anything.
    5. Changing the mtu settings as suggested on Windows 7, download speeds drop to 0 kb/s and the download has to be restarted
      Unfortunately this didn't solve my issue.
    6. Calling my ISP to make sure that they weren't throttling my network. They are denying any fault on their end, and are claiming that there is something wrong with my computer or my router but refusing to provide a solution.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on what I could try to resolve this issue, please let me know!

Daniel, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Hey how can I boost my download speed? My laptop has a download speed of 40MBit/s but I...

1. Hey how can I boost my download speed? My laptop has a download speed of 40MBit/s but I... - Similar Threads - Hey boost download

2. My laptop has awfully slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has awfully slow download speed: Title. I have ASUS VivoBook 14 K413EA-EB1935W laptop, it is brand new, but I just can not download anything at normal speed. When the download starts, the speed is fine, 100-120 Mbps, then in 30 seconds it drops to 2-3 Mbps. Sometimes it increases to 5-6 Mbps, then drops...
  3. My laptop has awfully slow download speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has awfully slow download speed: Title. I have ASUS VivoBook 14 K413EA-EB1935W laptop, it is brand new, but I just can not download anything at normal speed. When the download starts, the speed is fine, 100-120 Mbps, then in 30 seconds it drops to 2-3 Mbps. Sometimes it increases to 5-6 Mbps, then drops...
  4. How do I fix my download speed?

How do I fix my download speed?: I have this wierd issue where my download speed for a lot of things is below 1MB/s and I have no idea why. I know the browser is not the cause as I have tried with multiple, I know it's not my ad blocker because it happens on other applications, I know it's not my router as I...
  5. My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.: On every speed test it says my download speeds are from 50-60 Mps. But when I download something the highest it goes is 6 Mps. I know it is not because of my WIFI but more because of my PC because on my XBOX it is around 50 to 60. But it is also not Malware or Viruses because...
  6. My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.

My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.: On every speed test it says my download speeds are from 50-60 Mps. But when I download something the highest it goes is 6 Mps. I know it is not because of my WIFI but more because of my PC because on my XBOX it is around 50 to 60. But it is also not Malware or Viruses because...
  7. How can I Boost Downloading Speed of Iso File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I Boost Downloading Speed of Iso File?: Hello, I was using Naver Whale Korean web browser to downlaod windows 8 iso file to run it at Virtualbox. When I looked at a remaining time, it said 8 days left. So I tried in another web browseredge, chrome, firefox but it was same as Whale browser... Is there any solutions...
  8. How can I Boost Downloading Speed of Iso File?

How can I Boost Downloading Speed of Iso File?: Hello, I was using Naver Whale Korean web browser to downlaod windows 8 iso file to run it at Virtualbox. When I looked at a remaining time, it said 8 days left. So I tried in another web browseredge, chrome, firefox but it was same as Whale browser... Is there any solutions...
  9. my laptop is limited boost speed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my laptop is limited boost speed: i have dell latitude e6540 laptop with i5 4300m and win 10 ultimate on Task manager the limit of cpu speed is 3.0 GHZ i search and find the max boost is 3.2 GHZ like here https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-4300M+%40+2.60GHz&id=2095...
  10. Download speed for my laptop work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Download speed for my laptop work: I want to know what minimum download speed I need for my programs I use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-speed-for-my-laptop-work/802b8526-c351-4100-9a8c-fed1c3739d91