Windows 10: Hey, i came here with a question about solving my arctis 3 headset mic problem

Discus and support Hey, i came here with a question about solving my arctis 3 headset mic problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday, my mic was very weird noises when moving around and i had very tangled cables, i untangled the cables overnight and today the mic doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vento69, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Vento69 Win User

Hey, i came here with a question about solving my arctis 3 headset mic problem

Yesterday, my mic was very weird noises when moving around and i had very tangled cables, i untangled the cables overnight and today the mic doesn't want to work, i've tried so many software solutions but none worked, also i dont think its a hardware problem since it works on my phone, any solutions?

:)

Vento69, Jun 25, 2021
  2. MisterEd Win User

Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you are using Bluetooth you will find there is a gotcha when using a headset with a microphone. With Bluetooth 4.x there is not enough bandwidth for both the headset's stereo speakers and the microphone at the same time. If the headset's speakers are used in mono mode then the microphone will work. Here is the information from my computer:
    I I left-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray I see my options for the speakers:

• Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) = Laptops built-in speakers
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo) = Headphones stereo mode
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio) = Headphones mono mode
    I found out that if I select "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)" the headset microphone will work.

Hey, i came here with a question about solving my arctis 3 headset mic problem [​IMG]

However, I found that next time the computer might choose "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo)". Then the headset speakers will work but the the headset microphone will not work.

To ensure that the right selection is always done automatically I have to go further and set the default to "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)".
    Note I can always override this at any time. To do this...
    I right-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray and left-click on Sounds

Hey, i came here with a question about solving my arctis 3 headset mic problem [​IMG]

The first tab Playback is for the speakers

• Headset = Headphones mono mode
    • Headphones = Headphones stereo mode
    • Speakers = Laptops built-in speakers

The second tab Recording is for the microphone

• Headset = Headset's microphone
    • Microphone Array = Laptop's built-in microphone
    • Stereo Mix = N/A

To ensure that both the headset speakers and microphone work at the same time I set the default playback to Headset. This will put the headset in mono mode and allow the microphone to work. Note that if I disconnect the headset the computer will automatically revert back to using the built-in speakers and microphone.

MisterEd, Jun 25, 2021
  3. ZanePD Win User
    I am having a problem with a bluetooth headset that I've just bought.

So I've got the bluetooth headset problem.

I am well aware of how to pair bluetooth devices to a computer.

i am using a steelseries arctis 3 bluetooth headset.

the problem is that the headset appears as two different devices in playback:

• Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo), two channels. this is how its supposed to be
    • Headset (Arctis 3 Bluetooth hands free AG audio) single channel. This hot mess of garbage is what i have to use if i want to use the microphone.

I cant ever use the headphones one because i am always using my mic, the headset one is a low quality, single channel, heaping pile of ****

This problem is thoroughly documented here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/354321/why-bluetooth-headsets-are-terrible-on-windows-pcs/

There has to be a solution to this because why would anyone use bluetooth headsets for gtaming otherwise.

ZanePD, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Hey, i came here with a question about solving my arctis 3 headset mic problem

SteelSeries Arctis 7 Audio Configuration Issues

I've had a SteelSeries Arctis 7 since July with no issues. Now all of a sudden I cannot get both my audio and mic to work at the same time. In Discord my options for input are Default (no voice) or SteelSeries Arctis 7 Certified (voice works). However,
    for output, I have Default (No Audio, Mic Works), Headphones (2-Arctis 7 Game), or SteelSeries Arctis 7 Certified. I can only hear others in voice chat if I set it to 'Headphones' but as soon as I do this, my Mic no longer works regardless of the setting (this
    also seems to completely disable my mic across the board). If I put it on the other two settings I get no sound but my mic still works. This problem just suddenly arose with no explanation.

In Windows Sound Settings My output device is set to Headphones (2- Arctis 7 Game) (Headset Earphone 2-Arctis 7 Chat is another option) and my input device is set to Headset Microphone (2-Arctis 7 Chat) which is the only option available. I have made sure
    microphone privacy settings are correct, I have the latest firmware, I have ensured nothing is muted or turned off. This problem seems related directly to Discord, which I have also done a complete clean uninstall and reinstall of to no avail. This is incredibly
    frustrating and I could use assistance because as it stands right now I can either use the mic or hear other people in VC but not at the same time.

Additionally, it seems like opening any program that uses audio continuously will also disable the mic across the board. For example, I play Final Fantasy XIV online. As soon as the game starts running, my mic will no longer work. But as soon as I no longer
    have an active output, the mic will work again.

I have already reached out to SteelSeries and they have replaced the headset in question and this did not resolve the issue. Discord support offered no help. These problems started to present themselves in late December for no explicible reason.

MatthewP85, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Hey, i came here with a question about solving my arctis 3 headset mic problem

1. Hey, i came here with a question about solving my arctis 3 headset mic problem - Similar Threads - Hey came here

2. Windows 11 PC does not detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC does not detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset.: Hello,A few weeks ago I have ran into an issue in my PC where I accidentally uninstalled the Realtek audio driver and seemingly installed it again but after doing so my PC no longer wanted to detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset anymore. When I plug it in either from the...
  3. Windows 11 PC does not detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC does not detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset.: Hello,A few weeks ago I have ran into an issue in my PC where I accidentally uninstalled the Realtek audio driver and seemingly installed it again but after doing so my PC no longer wanted to detect my Steelseries Arctis 3 headset anymore. When I plug it in either from the...
  4. [SOLVED] Headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [SOLVED] Headset mic not working: I am trying to get my mic working on my headphones https://amzn.to/34vmbpF I have tried a messenger call to my wife, in the same room and she has exactly the same headset, which we have swapped and she can hear and speak OK. But I can only hear, not speak.Other things I've...
  5. Steelseries Arctis 3 mic doesn't work

Steelseries Arctis 3 mic doesn't work: i have the Steelseries Arctis 3 Headset and the audio works perfectly but the mic doesn't work at all ,i have tried alot of fixes from across multiple forums and none of them seem to help .the mic work perfectly fine when i plug it into my controller or into my phone.I try to...
  6. Hey guys, happy new year here is my question:

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey guys, happy new year here is my question:: So i just bought wireless earphones and want to connect it to the pc, but unfortunately i cant turn on/off bluetooth, there is no button for it and when i press - Add bluetooth or other device, it says that it couldnt connect. Please help me out i rly want to connect them <3...
  7. Headset Mic Problem

Headset Mic Problem: Hi, I just recently switched from mac to windows and my computer asked if I connected headphones or a headset. I chose headphones since I didn't have a headset and pressed do not show again. I now have a headset and it's not using my headset mic but my built-in laptop mic....
  8. Steelseries Arctis headset mic not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steelseries Arctis headset mic not detected: Hi! I bought a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset back in February, and have been happily using it on my Home Windows 10 computer (Dell G7) for a few months. Recently it stopped working: two days ago some desktop applications stopped detecting the mic, and today, following a...
  9. Question about BT Headset

Question about BT Headset: Every time I connect my BT headphones to my laptop for gaming or watching videos, the audio randomly breaks up. I go in to settings, and run the bluetooth troubleshooter, the results are a rough screen grab of the window in an attachment. What I want to know, is there a way...
  10. Headset mic problem

Headset mic problem: Hi there. I just got a new pc and it wont find my mic. There are 2 ports , one for a headset and one for a mic, I can hear all sounds but my mic doesn't work. The headset that I have has its own mic. I have tried to update the drivers and reinstalling them and nothing...