Windows 10: Hey, I need some help identifying a function and disabling it.

Discus and support Hey, I need some help identifying a function and disabling it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So there's a function for windows 10 I'd like to disable. It activates sometimes and I don't know why, or how I've activated it. The issue is when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ozmudbone, Mar 5, 2020.

1. ozmudbone Win User

Hey, I need some help identifying a function and disabling it.

So there's a function for windows 10 I'd like to disable. It activates sometimes and I don't know why, or how I've activated it.

The issue is when I press "w", for example, it brings up a little box at the bottom right for the whiteboard app, instead of me walking forward in my game.
    Or if I'd press "c" ( maybe it was v, or b, I'm not sure) it would bring up the clipboard, another key brings up notifications, e bring up email and so on and so on.

Sorry if I haven't articulated well, its hard to describe the issue without knowing what its called.
    Any help is appreciated.

Windows 10 Home

:)

ozmudbone, Mar 5, 2020
  2. ste2425 Win User

Identifier not found?

i need a little help with my code on MFC.

I created a function in doc which when called takes the pointer value from on on LButton down function which i can then set through another function ive created called set value in the ciew doc. But the problem is when i compile it it says identifier not found, lists the name of the function but without the brackets. I set the function up using the add function wizard so i thought it should create all that code itself?

hope this makes sense

ste2425, Mar 5, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Hey, I need some help identifying a function and disabling it. :cool:

jmcslob, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Shadoi Win User

Disable Search Function

Greetings all,

I need to disable the Search function in Windows 10 Pro. Upgraded from Windows 7, where the Search function was listed as a feature and could be disabled as one through the Control Panel. Apparently not so in Win 10 as it's not listed as feature.

I can disable Cortana and using the Search function to search the web,but in need of disabling the Search function entirely. Computer is in a public environment and needs to be locked down. The unit has only one purpose and that is accessed through the browser.

I am unable to find a way through the Policy settings and through PowerShell.

Appreciate the help,

Russ

Shadoi, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Hey, I need some help identifying a function and disabling it. - Similar Threads - Hey need help

2. Hey everyone, i need help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hey everyone, i need help!: My pc was been attacked by a trojan virus but i was deleted it at right time so it dont make me lost much documents, but after that i can't use my windows defender Virus and threat protection and it's report :"Your Virus and threat protection is managed by your organization"...
  3. Hey! I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey! I need help: Hey! I Windows 11 user here just need some help actually the problem is that when i open file explorer and open anyy drive or file like downloads or c drive it just says not responding and keep stuck forever i tried restarting my computer even tried to update my pc but i got...
  4. Hey! I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey! I need help: Hey! I Windows 11 user here just need some help actually the problem is that when i open file explorer and open anyy drive or file like downloads or c drive it just says not responding and keep stuck forever i tried restarting my computer even tried to update my pc but i got...
  5. hey, i need help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hey, i need help...: somehow my laptop doesn’t load win10 anymore...my first instinct was to create a usb stick with an iso file to redownload win10 (which i have done countless times with the same laptop), problem now: the downloading process for windows 10 won’t start (i’m sure that the laptop...
  6. hey guys i need help

hey guys i need help: hey guys. i can not open my search bar in windows 10 anymore and i dont know why. whenever i click it it doesnt respond. Can someone help me ps: i've got an acer submitted by /u/notyourhoe3 [link] [comments]...
  7. Hey all!! Need some help with windows

Hey all!! Need some help with windows: Veryyy long story short, laptop HDD crashed, lost everything, and windows automatic repair failed. Finally worked up the courage to fix it, took the HDD out, and put a brand new SSD in. I have the USIF files on a flash drive and I'm ready to plug it in, can someone please...
  8. hey guys i need some help relating this problem

hey guys i need some help relating this problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alicewww [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8aex4/hey_guys_i_need_some_help_relating_this_problem/
  9. hey guys i need some help relating this problem

hey guys i need some help relating this problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alicewww [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8ad8h/hey_guys_i_need_some_help_relating_this_problem/
  10. hey guys need some help with the 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hey guys need some help with the 1909 update: So i did the system check for updates, it pulled up the 1909 i went to install it and everything worked fine restarted my PC but im still on Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 anyone know why thats happening? when i do another scan for updates it says im up to date already,...