Windows 10: Hey, I recently built a new pc, can I use a 2007 product key?

Discus and support Hey, I recently built a new pc, can I use a 2007 product key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently built a pc but completely forgot to buy a product key, my mom found an old key (Microsoft office home and student) from 2007, should I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jailong, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Hey, I recently built a new pc, can I use a 2007 product key?

I recently built a pc but completely forgot to buy a product key, my mom found an old key (Microsoft office home and student) from 2007, should I use it?

submitted by /u/Jailong
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jailong, Sep 16, 2020
  2. bobjoe Win User

Where to download Office 2007 with product key?

I put in my product key and solved the captcha, but then I see this:

Hey, I recently built a new pc, can I use a 2007 product key? [​IMG]

After I click next, it asks me to sign in to a Microsoft Account. *Sad

I'm not interested in buying Office. I don't think I was clear, sorry. What I mean is that I already have Office 2007 Home and Student, purchased in 2008. I am trying to install it on a computer without a DVD drive and without having to create a Microsoft Account.

What do you mean, "black listed"? Black listed from what? I installed Office 2007 on my desktop using the DVD I bought in 2008 with no problems in Windows 10. Bill Gates once said a few years ago that ANY Microsoft software product that a person buys will always be compatible with later versions of Windows, and that applies to Office, of course.

bobjoe, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Feuerdog Win User
    Built new PC, bought Windows 10, can't verify product key.....?

I recently built a new PC:

Asus z97-pro

Intel i7

Samsung Evo SSD

It boots to the Asus UEFI bios utility just fine, and I updated the Bios via USB drive without issues.

I purchased Windows 10 for a clean 64-bit install, used the recommended installation utility program to create a USB ISO for a new PC, and restarted the PC with the USB plugged in.

The windows install software starts up, but displays a Windows 8 logo.

When prompted, I enter the region, language, time data, and go to the product key verification screen.

My product key, sent via the proof of purchase email, will not verify.

The key is correct.

The PC recognizes all devices and values.

Why wont the product key work?

Feuerdog, Sep 16, 2020
  4. FinZak Win User

Hey, I recently built a new pc, can I use a 2007 product key?

Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Hey, I recently built a new pc, can I use a 2007 product key?

1. Hey, I recently built a new pc, can I use a 2007 product key? - Similar Threads - Hey recently built

2. can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?: my current desktop has windows 11 it was offered as a free upgrade from w10. and i was wondering if i could use the same product key for my new pc? and if not, do i have to buy a new license?...
  3. can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?: my current desktop has windows 11 it was offered as a free upgrade from w10. and i was wondering if i could use the same product key for my new pc? and if not, do i have to buy a new license?...
  4. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?: I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-not-in-use-laptop-with-win7-product/7176e101-a954-4b38-9d24-5c7a87b1d08d
  5. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?: I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-not-in-use-laptop-with-win7-product/7176e101-a954-4b38-9d24-5c7a87b1d08d
  6. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

7. I recently built a new PC but can't activate windows, it says that the product key has...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I recently built a new PC but can't activate windows, it says that the product key has...: Hi,I recently built a new PC but I can't activate windows. An error pops up when I try to activate windows, telling me that the product key has been used elsewhere. I've tried to troubleshoot it but it results in nothing....
  8. I recently built a new PC but can't activate windows, it says that the product key has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently built a new PC but can't activate windows, it says that the product key has...: Hi,I recently built a new PC but I can't activate windows. An error pops up when I try to activate windows, telling me that the product key has been used elsewhere. I've tried to troubleshoot it but it results in nothing....
  9. I recently built a new PC but can't activate windows, it says that the product key has...

10. Where can I download Office 2007? I have a product key

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Where can I download Office 2007? I have a product key: I purchased it and need to reinstall Windows. 129810