Windows 10: Hey, is there a fix for the Windows signing you out of Chrome every time it closes issue yet?

Discus and support Hey, is there a fix for the Windows signing you out of Chrome every time it closes issue yet? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Been dealing with this for about a month, and all the articles on it are from 4 months ago, which said there was no fix. Any help is appreciated,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iloveusername1234, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Hey, is there a fix for the Windows signing you out of Chrome every time it closes issue yet?

Been dealing with this for about a month, and all the articles on it are from 4 months ago, which said there was no fix. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

submitted by /u/iloveusername1234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iloveusername1234, Nov 15, 2020

2. can't close googel chrome ???

There is a setting in Google Chrome that allows it to continue running various tasks in the background after you have closed the browser window. If this is allowed in your Google Chrome settings, then it can indeed be running even when there is no visible
    window. Personally, I don't allow Google Chrome to continue running in the background/ But that is for you to decide. To solve your immediate problem though, I suggest you turn off (don't allow) this option at least temporarily:

1. Start Google Chrome. There should of course be a visible browser window.
    2. Access the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the three dots at the top right corner of the browser window (it's just below the standard Microsoft icons to minimize maximize and close the window).
    3. Select "Settings" from that menu. Some basic Google Chrome settings should be displayed in the browser.
    4. Go to the bottom of the "Basic Settings" page and click on "Advanced".
    5. Locate the "System" group within the "Advanced Settings". Its near the bottom of this second settings page.
    6. One of the "System" settings is "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed".

Turn this option OFF by sliding its little button to the left.
    7. Close the Google Chrome browser.
    There should now be no complaints about Google Chrome still running when you think it isn't.

If you would like to re-enable this feature later, just follow the same 7 Step procedure above.

Of course to re-enable the feature, replace "Turn this option OFF" in Step 6 with "Turn this option
    ON
    ".

I hope this helps.

Christopher Jeffrey Benson, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Issue with Secure Sign-In and Chrome

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You may try the below suggested steps.

1. Click on Start, type in cmd, right click and
      run as administrator.
    2. Run the following command and check the status of the issue.

powercfg /requestsoverride PROCESS chrome.exe
    powercfg /requestsoverride

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Hey, is there a fix for the Windows signing you out of Chrome every time it closes issue yet?

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Hey, is there a fix for the Windows signing you out of Chrome every time it closes issue yet?

1. Hey, is there a fix for the Windows signing you out of Chrome every time it closes issue yet? - Similar Threads - Hey fix signing

2. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in every time: Why does my laptop not make me sign in every time? When I open my laptop, I'm not asked to sign in. How do I make it so that I am forced to sign in every single time? Because of security I want to change this....
  3. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sign in every time: Why does my laptop not make me sign in every time? When I open my laptop, I'm not asked to sign in. How do I make it so that I am forced to sign in every single time? Because of security I want to change this....
  4. How to sign in every time

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. You Need To Verify Your Identity - Signed out every time I use my PC

You Need To Verify Your Identity - Signed out every time I use my PC: Hello,I am experiencing a problem over and over. It starts when I see this on MS Word:I notice at the same time Windows 10 Accounts settings says:I've tried multiple things, but nothing has worked. I think it is some kind of sync issue or a possible bug. I went into Accounts...
  6. Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting

Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting: I have a problem with Windows 10 running on the domain-based. Whenever the regular "user" clicks Sign Out" from their account, the Windows computer restarts instead of supposedly logging out to the Windows login menu. It doesn't happen if I use an administrator account....
  7. You will be signed out: you will be signed out in less than a minute.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You will be signed out: you will be signed out in less than a minute.: A few days ago a storm shut off our power. Then when I get back on my pc every few minutes it signs me out with the message: You're about to be signed out, windows will restart in less than a minute. Please if anyone can help, please do my email is *** Email address is...
  8. Edge logging me out every time I close browser

Edge logging me out every time I close browser: I am absolutely infuriated with Windows, and with the lack of intelligence on forum replies from so-called "support people". Edge logs me out of Outlook every time I close my browser. Every thread on this forum says go to a link in settings THAT DOES NOT EXIST. You people...
  9. Netflix signs me out of the app every time I close it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix signs me out of the app every time I close it: I recently changed my user folder name on my PC, and now whenever I close Netflix, It logs me out. Is there a possible fix for this in the registry editor? Here is the screen I get after I close the Netflix app submitted by /u/YANKEEMAN12345 [link] [comments]...
  10. Microsoft sign in every time you click to a different page

Microsoft sign in every time you click to a different page: Why if you are use to using Google Browser, why do the apps say they will not function correctly unless you use Microsoft Edge. And every time I go to a new page, Microsoft Edge wants me to sign in again even though I have checked a million times, keep me signed in. I have...