Windows 10: Hey M$, if you think a memory leak of the News & Interests toy like this is acceptable...

Discus and support Hey M$, if you think a memory leak of the News & Interests toy like this is acceptable... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SequoiaD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xlj2x5/hey_m_if_you_think_a_memory_leak_of_the_news/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SequoiaD, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Hey M$, if you think a memory leak of the News & Interests toy like this is acceptable...

/u/SequoiaD, Sep 22, 2022
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Power Toys run memory leak

There's nothing that anyone here can do about a memory leak. Only the developers of leaking software can fix leaks in their software. This is a community forum. I suggest posting your issue on MSDN.

BulldogXX, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Power Toys run memory leak

I think this process has a memory leak. After reboot it consumes something like 200M, but after some use and time running it starts creeping up. I just killed the process at 768M.

Steven Corman, Sep 22, 2022
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Hey M$, if you think a memory leak of the News & Interests toy like this is acceptable...

Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Hey M$, if you think a memory leak of the News & Interests toy like this is acceptable...

1. Hey M$, if you think a memory leak of the News & Interests toy like this is acceptable... - Similar Threads - Hey memory leak

2. News And interest Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News And interest Disappeared: Hi, suddenly the mentioned function disappeared when using taskbar located on top position, but if i move it to bottom it appeared again, 1 day ago i used it on top and working fine, but when the last update came not working anymore....
  3. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  4. News and Interests on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  5. news and interests not working

news and interests not working: hi all after the update news and interests widgets was working fine but after a day it turned all Chinese and was showing Chinese weather I have my location enabled but still not working.Thanks in advance...
  6. news and interests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  7. news and interests

news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  8. News and Interests not loading

News and Interests not loading: News and Interests not loading after forcing to add it by cmd -_-can someone help before i destroy another keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-not-loading/795362fb-21c4-4773-90b1-aa4b39d4d83f
  9. If you have memory leak...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you have memory leak...: I was searching for this answer years *Biggrin While it possibly wasn't memory leak at all. But memory compression. Everyone thought it was memory leak, when your free RAM is filled with standby memory. Your application crashes saying: there is no memory. When there is no...
  10. Power Toys run memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Toys run memory leak: I think this process has a memory leak. After reboot it consumes something like 200M, but after some use and time running it starts creeping up. I just killed the process at 768M....