Windows 10: Hey mates i have a 512 hard disk but it is showing me that i have zero space pls help btw i...

Discus and support Hey mates i have a 512 hard disk but it is showing me that i have zero space pls help btw i... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/anvithreddy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdn7lr/hey_mates_i_have_a_512_hard_disk_but_it_is/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anvithreddy, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Hey mates i have a 512 hard disk but it is showing me that i have zero space pls help btw i...

/u/anvithreddy, Jun 22, 2020

2. hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Hard disk space

The first and most obvious reason you don’t have access to all your hard drive space is that there’s a significant piece of software installed on it already: your operating system. Unless you specifically selected a “no OS” model, it will come pre-installed
    with something.

Another place your hard drive space might have gone is to a manufacturer-created disk partitions. In years past, a new computer commonly came with one (or a whole book full of) CDs containing software, including a recovery disk. In the event of a total meltdown
    of your machine, you could boot from this drive and restore your computer to an right-out-of-the-box state.

Other possible reasons including hidden partitions, unpartitioned hard disk space, system protection takes up much space and many others. check out

this tutorial
    to see how to solve it step by step.

Hope it is helpful.

PeterPeng3, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Hey mates i have a 512 hard disk but it is showing me that i have zero space pls help btw i...

Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Hey mates i have a 512 hard disk but it is showing me that i have zero space pls help btw i...

1. Hey mates i have a 512 hard disk but it is showing me that i have zero space pls help btw i... - Similar Threads - Hey mates 512

2. I have no space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have no space.: Today i tried playing a game. i could barely run it. i check my space and it says i have 900 mb out of 28g. i found this wierd, as i had jusst got this as a hand me down from my mother. i check my storege and all of my storege is taken up by all the mandatory stuff. i only...
  3. I have no space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no space.: Today i tried playing a game. i could barely run it. i check my space and it says i have 900 mb out of 28g. i found this wierd, as i had jusst got this as a hand me down from my mother. i check my storege and all of my storege is taken up by all the mandatory stuff. i only...
  4. I have no space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a hard disk that shows up in the computer and is working but is not in disk...

I have a hard disk that shows up in the computer and is working but is not in disk...: need help to move it to disk managemt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-hard-disk-that-shows-up-in-the-computer/392df737-4ce9-4229-b905-88eb470a4b46
  6. I have plenty of disk space but it says disk is full

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have plenty of disk space but it says disk is full: I'm trying to download a file that is just short of 1gb from firefox. I select it to open with winrar so i can just drag the file where i want it to go. I try to save it to my disk drive that has 1.61 tb free to use. And yet is says that it cannot download because the disk is...
  7. Help me pls i have this weird glitch/bug going on

Help me pls i have this weird glitch/bug going on: idk what happened to my pc. I have not downloaded anything for a week except razer synapse 3, I have used it before and this hasn't happened. submitted by /u/Sub2Ele [link] [comments]...
  8. I have a disk space issue. Any ideas?

I have a disk space issue. Any ideas?: The highest I see (when not playing a game and downloading something) is 25 Mbps tops. I don't believe I had this happen in the past, and there's no other programs taking disk space. Back in windows 8 I'm pretty sure I didn't have this issue, and now suddenly I do. Is there...
  9. I do not have enough disk space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I do not have enough disk space.: I have tried everything that online searches have told me to do and I still only have 518 MB left. I have tried practically anything so if you think of something that you have told others, I have tried it. I don't want to waste time on going in circles so if you can think of...
  10. I have zero network knoledge.

I have zero network knoledge.: Hello friends. I am in need of help. How do I fix the "You do not have permission to access Shue Arie pc." I've networked my home pc so I can use 2 laptops and a phone, however I cannot access any of my files or folders as my computer skills are non existent, especially...