Windows 10: Hey my computer got a graphics driver update and has a broken screen and now it won't...

Discus and support Hey my computer got a graphics driver update and has a broken screen and now it won't... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This happened on a Dell Inspiron 3593 and I had a monitor connected to it, how should I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KimberlyHofner, May 25, 2024.

1. Hey my computer got a graphics driver update and has a broken screen and now it won't...

This happened on a Dell Inspiron 3593 and I had a monitor connected to it, how should I fix it?

:)

KimberlyHofner, May 25, 2024
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, May 25, 2024
  3. Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 25, 2024
  4. Hey my computer got a graphics driver update and has a broken screen and now it won't...

I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

TimmyAndersson, May 25, 2024
Thema:

Hey my computer got a graphics driver update and has a broken screen and now it won't...

1. Hey my computer got a graphics driver update and has a broken screen and now it won't... - Similar Threads - Hey computer got

2. Hey my computer got a graphics driver update and has a broken screen and now it won't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey my computer got a graphics driver update and has a broken screen and now it won't...: This happened on a Dell Inspiron 3593 and I had a monitor connected to it, how should I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-my-computer-got-a-graphics-driver-update-and/a9573525-1f6d-4b30-a28d-1774c4ac619e
  3. Hey my computer got a graphics driver update and has a broken screen and now it won't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hey my computer got a graphics driver update and has a broken screen and now it won't...: This happened on a Dell Inspiron 3593 and I had a monitor connected to it, how should I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-my-computer-got-a-graphics-driver-update-and/a9573525-1f6d-4b30-a28d-1774c4ac619e
  4. Uninstalled a graphics driver and now my computer won't start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled a graphics driver and now my computer won't start.: Hi,I'm pretty new to computers; I built a gaming PC this summer but have recently been having some problems I believe to be graphics card related. When I'm playing a game, at some point my screen will go black. The computer stays on, the fans will still run, but my screen...
  5. Uninstalled a graphics driver and now my computer won't start.

Uninstalled a graphics driver and now my computer won't start.: Hi,I'm pretty new to computers; I built a gaming PC this summer but have recently been having some problems I believe to be graphics card related. When I'm playing a game, at some point my screen will go black. The computer stays on, the fans will still run, but my screen...
  6. Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers: Hi, a recent forced windows update has broken all of the drivers for my two graphics tablets. One pen does not register movement correctly and the other does not register at all. I have reinstalled the drivers for both tablets several times to no effect and digging around for...
  7. Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers: Hi, a recent forced windows update has broken all of the drivers for my two graphics tablets. One pen does not register movement correctly and the other does not register at all. I have reinstalled the drivers for both tablets several times to no effect and digging around for...
  8. Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers

9. Why won't it update my graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won't it update my graphics drivers: I try everything and it still won't update my graphics drivers submitted by /u/bigmatthee21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzm7zf/why_wont_it_update_my_graphics_drivers/
  10. Updated my drivers and now stuff is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updated my drivers and now stuff is broken: Ok so I woke up and went to play Minecraft but then it gave me an error so I updated my drivers by the nvidia website and it didn't fix the error but just made more problems so now I can't use the search bar and when i wanna uninstall minecraft I go to the apps and features...