Windows 10: Hey, my Downloads Folder has been acting up nowadays... first of all all my old stuff was...

Discus and support Hey, my Downloads Folder has been acting up nowadays... first of all all my old stuff was... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; And I don't think Video files can have any viruses in them submitted by /u/TheMonsterXzero54 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheMonsterXzero54, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Hey, my Downloads Folder has been acting up nowadays... first of all all my old stuff was...

/u/TheMonsterXzero54, Jul 18, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 18, 2022
  3. Plankton Win User
    downloads folder

In file explorer, specifically the downloads folder....how does one change the layout of the contents inside the folder. I don't like to see the split level stuff....today, yesterday and earlier this week. I just like it the old way of a single alphabetized list.

Plankton, Jul 18, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

Hey, my Downloads Folder has been acting up nowadays... first of all all my old stuff was...

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 18, 2022
Thema:

Hey, my Downloads Folder has been acting up nowadays... first of all all my old stuff was...

1. Hey, my Downloads Folder has been acting up nowadays... first of all all my old stuff was... - Similar Threads - Hey Downloads Folder

2. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been acting up very strangely: Hi.So, my PC has been acting up very strangely lately, it keeps shutting itself down and then there's a huge sound like BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I've brought my PC to the computer shop to get it fixed, but still, it keeps shutting down by itself, the screen glitches before shutting...
  3. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has been acting up very strangely: Hi.So, my PC has been acting up very strangely lately, it keeps shutting itself down and then there's a huge sound like BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I've brought my PC to the computer shop to get it fixed, but still, it keeps shutting down by itself, the screen glitches before shutting...
  4. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My PC has been crashing for no reason at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been crashing for no reason at all: So recently my PC has been just randomly crashing, like it completely freezes up, and I have to restart it over and over, it happened like 5 times today, and it's not even normal anymore, this happens every 10-20 minutes now. I've tried resetting my PC and it still comes...
  6. My PC has been crashing for no reason at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has been crashing for no reason at all: So recently my PC has been just randomly crashing, like it completely freezes up, and I have to restart it over and over, it happened like 5 times today, and it's not even normal anymore, this happens every 10-20 minutes now. I've tried resetting my PC and it still comes...
  7. My PC has been crashing for no reason at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My Windows 10 has been acting up lately.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 has been acting up lately.: It will randomly bring up disk read/write errors, randomly have to check system files on bootup, and most egregiously it has started up in 1280x1024 just today when I never set it to. I'm quite concerned, considering I've used this PC not that long, it shouldn't be doing any...
  9. All my keys act as shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All my keys act as shortcuts: Hi all, I had updated the windows yesterday, but after the update i am not able to ise the keyboard. All the keys are acting as a shortcut. When i press A the action bar opens up like that. I tried reinstalling the drivers but that didn't help. Tried the keyboard...
  10. all my stuff is gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all my stuff is gone!: yesterday after restarting my computer it had been a while all my stuff disappeared....my desktop background pic was removed to a black screen, icons on my task bar turned into little blank piece of paper icons, file folders on my desktop are gone, lots of programs are gone...