Windows 10: Hey need help with changing my primary hard drive

Discus and support Hey need help with changing my primary hard drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use a ssd for Windows and google but i wanna use my hard drive as my primary and make everything go in there when I download something is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/8ENJl, Aug 10, 2020.

1. /u/8ENJl Win User

Hey need help with changing my primary hard drive

I use a ssd for Windows and google but i wanna use my hard drive as my primary and make everything go in there when I download something is there anyway i can do this?

submitted by /u/8ENJl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/8ENJl, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Changing the primary drive.

Hi,

Changing the primary drive from SSD to HDD is possible by changing the path location of each drive. Since all apps are being downloaded on the C drive by default, you need to change the HDD to C drive to have all the apps in the hard drive. These type of
    changes need a technician to assist you to avoid risks and conflicts. We suggest contacting your device manufacturer directly for assistance to perform the said changes.

As for the files, after setting your HDD to C drive, you can create a new folder to store all the music you want in it.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Hey need help with changing my primary hard drive

Change primary alias

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

As per description, when you click to change the primary on nothing happens.

Have you tried to perform the troubleshooting steps provided under section
    Change which alias is primary
    ?

If you have not performed the troubleshooting steps I would suggest you perform steps under
    Change which alias is primary , from my previous post. Which are as follow.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset
    parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Hey need help with changing my primary hard drive

1. Hey need help with changing my primary hard drive - Similar Threads - Hey need help

2. Need Urgent help with Primary Alias change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Urgent help with Primary Alias change: Before you send me back to Technical support please read the whole email.I had an Account EMAIL 1 @xboxlivefamily.com which was created when I was a kid 10+ years ago, it had family controls and was automatically created by Microsoft for my Xbox account. This wasn't an issue...
  3. Need Urgent help with Primary Alias change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Urgent help with Primary Alias change: Before you send me back to Technical support please read the whole email.I had an Account EMAIL 1 @xboxlivefamily.com which was created when I was a kid 10+ years ago, it had family controls and was automatically created by Microsoft for my Xbox account. This wasn't an issue...
  4. While changing the primary hard drive. Will my data be safe.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While changing the primary hard drive. Will my data be safe.: My current primary hard drive hard drive C has 110GB of storage which is not enough. My second hard drive has more storage. I want to change the primary drive. I know the steps but i do not know if my current data will be safe....
  5. While changing the primary hard drive. Will my data be safe.

While changing the primary hard drive. Will my data be safe.: My current primary hard drive hard drive C has 110GB of storage which is not enough. My second hard drive has more storage. I want to change the primary drive. I know the steps but i do not know if my current data will be safe....
  6. I need help to extend the space on my primary hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to extend the space on my primary hard drive: I need help to extend the space on my primary hard drive.There is no option to extend the space on my primary disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-extend-the-space-on-my-primary-hard/9a8701fc-5b42-4fac-a298-ea5cfd59a59f
  7. I need help to extend the space on my primary hard drive

I need help to extend the space on my primary hard drive: I need help to extend the space on my primary hard drive.There is no option to extend the space on my primary disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-extend-the-space-on-my-primary-hard/9a8701fc-5b42-4fac-a298-ea5cfd59a59f
  8. I need help to extend the space on my primary hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Help needed with hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed with hard drive: Can anyone help me with this issue, basically it started yesterday when my computer decided to update itself and then ended up taking over 4 hours to get to 26% and so I decided to shut my computer down. After I had turned it back on it removed any changes or had done and...
  10. Change primary hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change primary hard drive: So when i first built my pc i had a 250gb HDD. As you may tell, that isn't much so i bought and installed a 2tb HDD. I have many files on it now, and i have went to setting and put that i want new files to go to there, but still new files go to the 250gb hard drive. Is there...