Windows 10: hey psst! nobody tells Microsoft devs that the new news stand ONLY works when the taskbar...

Discus and support hey psst! nobody tells Microsoft devs that the new news stand ONLY works when the taskbar... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/LuckyTelevision7 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LuckyTelevision7, Jun 15, 2021.

1. hey psst! nobody tells Microsoft devs that the new news stand ONLY works when the taskbar...

/u/LuckyTelevision7, Jun 15, 2021
  2. thomaseg1 Win User

Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, Jun 15, 2021
  3. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 15, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

hey psst! nobody tells Microsoft devs that the new news stand ONLY works when the taskbar...

Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Hi there

After a reboot it's gone --

Thanks !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

hey psst! nobody tells Microsoft devs that the new news stand ONLY works when the taskbar...

1. hey psst! nobody tells Microsoft devs that the new news stand ONLY works when the taskbar... - Similar Threads - hey psst nobody

2. How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?: Short of turning the whole thing off, how do I get that system tray news feed to show only "real" news articles?I've turned off all interests except for world news, and yet I still get puerile nonsense like the "5 things that are going viral right now!" or "You won't believe...
  3. How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?: Short of turning the whole thing off, how do I get that system tray news feed to show only "real" news articles?I've turned off all interests except for world news, and yet I still get puerile nonsense like the "5 things that are going viral right now!" or "You won't believe...
  4. How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  6. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  7. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  8. Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar

Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar: So I finally got around to messing with this after it was just pushed to my device a few days back. I clicked the manage interests button and it was opening my browser but I was unable to manage my interests anywhere I could see. Turns out you can only manage them if you use...
  9. Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar: So I finally got around to messing with this after it was just pushed to my device a few days back. I clicked the manage interests button and it was opening my browser but I was unable to manage my interests anywhere I could see. Turns out you can only manage them if you use...
  10. My Feed/Microsoft News on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Feed/Microsoft News on Taskbar: I just updated Windows, and the update seems to have added a feature to the taskbar which does not give me many options for customization. This object on the taskbar shows up on the right side and shows the temperature and what I assume is a one-word summary of the weather:I...