Windows 10: Hey so Windows Update has destroyed my C: drive and causes constant crashes and I can't...

Discus and support Hey so Windows Update has destroyed my C: drive and causes constant crashes and I can't... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just like the title states, my laptop is borderline UNUSABLE. I have cleaned out LITERALLY everything, I ran CHKDSK and repaired it, but I'm still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WildTheGreat72, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Hey so Windows Update has destroyed my C: drive and causes constant crashes and I can't...

Just like the title states, my laptop is borderline UNUSABLE. I have cleaned out LITERALLY everything, I ran CHKDSK and repaired it, but I'm still getting bluescreens, none of my apps open properly (except Chrome, which is what I'm using to type this), and not even the repairs help anything. I've scanned everything with Windows Defender/Firewall since my McAfee sub expired and it didn't find anything. I NEED this laptop for school, as I am a university student, and without this I'm SOL because I can't afford to buy a new laptop. This machine is just over a year old so there's no reason why it would be that outdated yet, especially since Windows has been invading my very existence to install their **** updates.

:)

WildTheGreat72, Oct 8, 2019
  2. diddle Win User

Constant hard drive spinning

I am on a relatives computer, and she is complaining of slow performance, and basically, what it looks like, is the hard drive, is constantly spinning, causing programs to act slow, and causing everything to run slow.
    I have indexing turned off (Windows Vista ) and I just want a list of things I can start going through to check what might be causing the constant spinning.
    She has norton, too. which might be part of the problem..

diddle, Oct 8, 2019
  3. bkconn Win User
    Constant BSOD even after fresh install

Step 16. Restore Point has been turned on and created for drive C:

Hey so Windows Update has destroyed my C: drive and causes constant crashes and I can't... [​IMG]

Step 17. I do not have Ccleaner installed

Step 18. Speedfan

Hey so Windows Update has destroyed my C: drive and causes constant crashes and I can't... [​IMG]

bkconn, Oct 8, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Hey so Windows Update has destroyed my C: drive and causes constant crashes and I can't...

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Hey so Windows Update has destroyed my C: drive and causes constant crashes and I can't...

1. Hey so Windows Update has destroyed my C: drive and causes constant crashes and I can't... - Similar Threads - Hey Update has

2. Hey , my laptop is being so slow cause my disc c is full and i can’t update my windows and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hey , my laptop is being so slow cause my disc c is full and i can’t update my windows and...: so i had an activation windows problem before and i solved it through youtube video and got it activated and then i had a problem with my windows updates and i posted it here and i thought i solved it but it worked out for like a couple of months then it returned saying that...
  3. Hey , my laptop is being so slow cause my disc c is full and i can’t update my windows and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey , my laptop is being so slow cause my disc c is full and i can’t update my windows and...: so i had an activation windows problem before and i solved it through youtube video and got it activated and then i had a problem with my windows updates and i posted it here and i thought i solved it but it worked out for like a couple of months then it returned saying that...
  4. Hey , my laptop is being so slow cause my disc c is full and i can’t update my windows and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. For some reason my C drive is constantly full and i don't know whats causing it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    For some reason my C drive is constantly full and i don't know whats causing it: Further looking into this i have downloaded tree size and it says my windows is using 200 GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-some-reason-my-c-drive-is-constantly-full-and/968eaec3-d852-410e-9a33-d7e20f29bff9
  6. For some reason my C drive is constantly full and i don't know whats causing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason my C drive is constantly full and i don't know whats causing it: Further looking into this i have downloaded tree size and it says my windows is using 200 GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-some-reason-my-c-drive-is-constantly-full-and/968eaec3-d852-410e-9a33-d7e20f29bff9
  7. For some reason my C drive is constantly full and i don't know whats causing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Constant Crashes Causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Crashes Causing BSOD: I have had to reset my computer twice. This last time I only installed the latest drivers and firefox. It still crashes. Its favourite prank to pull is to say the computer crashed because it wasn't shut down properly (or "previous shutdown was unexpected") after I shut it...
  9. Microsoft update has destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update has destroyed my pc: This is making me sick in my stomach. You guys make it impossible to sue you then you ruin everyone's PC I think maybe I will open a RICO case on you friggin ass and see if that sticks....
  10. windows has destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows has destroyed my computer: I downloaded my free upgrade and now my computer is stuck in a loop - blue screen/black screen. Tech support was useless. Why is Windows allowed to put out a product that does not work and we have to pay to repair? It would be so nice if someone started a class-action lawsuit...