Windows 10: Hey Win10 devs, Stop showing us UWP applications that have previously been gpu-tuned.

Discus and support Hey Win10 devs, Stop showing us UWP applications that have previously been gpu-tuned. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/benikalbindeara [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/benikalbindeara, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Hey Win10 devs, Stop showing us UWP applications that have previously been gpu-tuned.

/u/benikalbindeara, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Windows 10 application usage in Dev Center

Source: New Windows 10 application usage in Dev Center | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Sep 8, 2020
  3. [UWP] all UWP application windows are not displayed anymore after a lot of start/kill of any UWP application

Hello,

This issue seems linked to the Windows Anniversary Update (build 10.0.14393,
    also reproduced on build 14905.rs_prerelease.160811-1739) and the new UWP lifecycle introduced with it, since this issue was not there before.

The test scenario is simple:

1. start any UWP application (in my example the windows calc.exe, the default Windows 10 calculator application)

2. wait 0.5 second

3. kill the same UWP application

4. repeat the 1-2-3 steps 5000 times

This scenario is basically reproducing an automated test environment.

The expected result is that the tested application will always be displayed correctly.

The actual result is that the tested application is not displayed anymore after a various number of loops (between 200 and 800). It looks like it is running in the background since the process can be seen in the task manager.

When the UWP application window can't be displayed, the scope of the issue is much more important: no UWP content can be displayed anymore (Edge browser or Windows settings, etc).

The way to recover from this is to log out from the user session and log in again.

Here is a python script to reproduce the issue:

Is it a known issue ? Any way to work around this (this is blocking our UWP automated testing environment)?

BR

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc T., Sep 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Hey Win10 devs, Stop showing us UWP applications that have previously been gpu-tuned.

New Year, New Dev: Developing your idea into a UWP app

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/buildingap...-idea-uwp-app/

Brink, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Hey Win10 devs, Stop showing us UWP applications that have previously been gpu-tuned.

1. Hey Win10 devs, Stop showing us UWP applications that have previously been gpu-tuned. - Similar Threads - Hey Win10 devs

2. GPU doesn't support Last of Us

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU doesn't support Last of Us: Hello, The Last of Us Part 1 came out on pc today and I was very excited to play, but I whenever I try to run it, I get "A GPU supporting D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_0 or higher is required". I understand this means my GPU is outdated or just not strong enough to run the game, but...
  3. GPU doesn't support Last of Us

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU doesn't support Last of Us: Hello, The Last of Us Part 1 came out on pc today and I was very excited to play, but I whenever I try to run it, I get "A GPU supporting D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_0 or higher is required". I understand this means my GPU is outdated or just not strong enough to run the game, but...
  4. Windows 11 Dev Channel Update Showing Win10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dev Channel Update Showing Win10 Update: Hello,I am on Win11 Pro Insider Preview 22471 but there is an update showing which is " Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.22478.1012 rs_prerelease" which of course fails to install. Is there a reason it isn't showing the 22478 for Win11? How do I fix this?Thanks...
  5. Windows 11 Dev Channel Update Showing Win10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dev Channel Update Showing Win10 Update: Hello,I am on Win11 Pro Insider Preview 22471 but there is an update showing which is " Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.22478.1012 rs_prerelease" which of course fails to install. Is there a reason it isn't showing the 22478 for Win11? How do I fix this?Thanks...
  6. Devs, please make the task bar stop appearing for every notification, or give us a way to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Devs, please make the task bar stop appearing for every notification, or give us a way to...: This is seriously making me slowly migrate my stuff to Linux and Mac and use Windows only for gaming. I know there are many other improvements that could be made but this is my number one annoyance for productivity. Anytime there is a notification or something changes on an...
  7. UWP applications with transparency issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP applications with transparency issues: After some update in the way, my MS Store has stopped working, and I've to reinstall windows over the old installation. But now, all applications from UWP have issues when the transparency effect is ON. Curiously, the control panel, taskbar and start menu is ok at all. Take...
  8. Playing tunes: some tunes have a raspy sound (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playing tunes: some tunes have a raspy sound (sometimes): Whether playing tunes from a website or an app, once in a while a tune will start off with a raspy sound. If I hit "Pause," then play again, the tune will not sound raspy. If I skip to the next tune, it will not sound raspy. If I play the same tune again at a later time, it...
  9. Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) runs on UWP now

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) runs on UWP now: I installed Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility version 6.5.0.114 and I noticed that it installs Component drivers now! [img] What do you think about it? Component drivers used to cause me errors and run slower than just a service runs in the background. 130104
  10. Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) runs on UWP now

in Windows 10 News
    Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) runs on UWP now: I installed Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility version 6.5.0.114 and I noticed that it installs Component drivers now! [img] What do you think about it? Component drivers used to cause me errors and run slower than just a service runs in the background. 130104