Windows 10: Hey Windows, please stop breaking my little 'mute' light when you force updates.

Discus and support Hey Windows, please stop breaking my little 'mute' light when you force updates. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/sexuallyactivepope [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sexuallyactivepope, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Hey Windows, please stop breaking my little 'mute' light when you force updates.

/u/sexuallyactivepope, Aug 15, 2020

2. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Before I follow your suggestions, a quick update: as the updating didn´t seem to work I stopped trying and just left it alone for awhile. About a half hour later I looked over and saw that the mute light was now blue. I tried the button but it and the volume buttons did not work at all. On the screen I was told that I needed to reboot, which I did and now the system has returned back to the way it was before: everything works except that the mute light does not change to blue as it should when the speakers are not muted. WTF?

mrsnakeman, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Hey Windows, please stop breaking my little 'mute' light when you force updates.

Windows 10 Upgrade - Mute Light doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

Please answer these question to assist you better.

1. Is Mute function working correctly in your computer?

I suggest you to follow the Steps below and check.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Also refer the link below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...6-Mute-Key-Light-Now-not-working/td-p/3293221

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Hey Windows, please stop breaking my little 'mute' light when you force updates.

1. Hey Windows, please stop breaking my little 'mute' light when you force updates. - Similar Threads - Hey please stop

2. Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!: I was wondering when MS ever asked any if they wanted their info stored on their cloud? I do not recall having been asked if I wanted MS to be the gatekeeper of my data and info. Frankly, it is MY data and I can store it at my own location.I was also wondering since when do I...
  3. Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!: I was wondering when MS ever asked any if they wanted their info stored on their cloud? I do not recall having been asked if I wanted MS to be the gatekeeper of my data and info. Frankly, it is MY data and I can store it at my own location.I was also wondering since when do I...
  4. Hey hey You You Get Off of My Cloud!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can you please stop force feeding me advertisements?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you please stop force feeding me advertisements?: After your updating windows 10 today, you forcefeed me Bing, Office and Onedrive advertisements which I cannot skip or stop, and it ends in onedrive suddenly uploading files I do not want to put on onedrive. Can you please stop doing this?? Thanks....
  6. Mute button is not lighting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mute button is not lighting: I am having a HP pc. I have updated it to the latest version. After that update, my mute button is working but the led is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-is-not-lighting/5e572a90-8a9d-4cd3-82a5-d114b587f63d
  7. when my sound is mute,the yellow light doesn't glow

in Windows 10 Customization
    when my sound is mute,the yellow light doesn't glow: when my sound is mute ,the orange light doesn't glow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-sound-is-mutethe-yellow-light-doesnt-glow/2afa4a84-493e-41b9-a003-741670968a22
  8. Please, for the love of God, stop forcing Windows updates on us

Please, for the love of God, stop forcing Windows updates on us: Always, while right in the middle of trying to get something done, and for whatever reason need to reboot. Sure enough, there's Windows telling me it's going update. Who knows how long that will take and what kind of problems it will cause. Thanks a bunch, Microsoft. It makes...
  9. Please advise how to stop windows 10 forced updates!

Please advise how to stop windows 10 forced updates!: Just spent hours and lost tons of $$$$ from the latest forced updates over 15 of my windows miners, and now my remote pcs that went into an update have also stopped mining and will not be able to be restored for a week, I have tried numerous different techniques going into...
  10. mute button light

mute button light: HI; with MS latest updates, about 2 days ago, my light for my mute button does not go on. It simply, 'went out'. Any idea how I get it back on. THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mute-button-light/0226e152-45e2-404a-b986-480c49769418