Windows 10: Hey, with my inability to remove edge, how do I keep my laptop from bricking

Discus and support Hey, with my inability to remove edge, how do I keep my laptop from bricking in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey microsoft, well done on Edge. Because of your forced install, you managed to brick my laptop. I try to uninstall the updates. Computer freezes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HadesCO, Nov 30, 2020.

1. HadesCO Win User

Hey, with my inability to remove edge, how do I keep my laptop from bricking

Hey microsoft,

well done on Edge. Because of your forced install, you managed to brick my laptop. I try to uninstall the updates. Computer freezes, have to reboot. Try to enter the powershell function to do a forced uninstall.... opens edge, freezes and then a hard reboot. Try to switch the default browser? Edge opens and freezes. Hard reboot. In the past theee hours i have rebooted my computer god knows how many times. As it stands right now i cant even remove all of the updates. As of this moment i cant even power my laptop down brcause the option isnt available.

how could you do this? I try to reboot and the updates install again. You destroyed my computer.

i will admit to being imappropriate with customer service and there was profanity used. But what am i supposed to do? Apparently i cant uninstall edge. I cant uninstall the udates that brought edge. And now everytime i turn my computer on the updates reappear. And edge opens. So what are gonna do about it?

:)

HadesCO, Nov 30, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Hey, with my inability to remove edge, how do I keep my laptop from bricking

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Hey, with my inability to remove edge, how do I keep my laptop from bricking

1. Hey, with my inability to remove edge, how do I keep my laptop from bricking - Similar Threads - Hey inability remove

2. How do I remove Microsoft Edge from my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Microsoft Edge from my computer.: Edge is garbage and I do not like Microsoft's authoritarian force of use. Edge Sucks so much and I want it off my computer. So much so, I started looking into Non-Microsoft operating systems....
  3. How do I remove Microsoft Edge from my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove Microsoft Edge from my computer.: Edge is garbage and I do not like Microsoft's authoritarian force of use. Edge Sucks so much and I want it off my computer. So much so, I started looking into Non-Microsoft operating systems....
  4. How do I remove VPN from my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove VPN from my laptop: How do I remove VPN from my Laptop, it is blocking my Sainsburys offers and Nectar.* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-vpn-from-my-laptop/b2db0bb9-299c-4acf-9d76-e333a3b3d4ef
  5. How do I remove VPN from my laptop

How do I remove VPN from my laptop: How do I remove VPN from my Laptop, it is blocking my Sainsburys offers and Nectar.* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-vpn-from-my-laptop/b2db0bb9-299c-4acf-9d76-e333a3b3d4ef
  6. how do i remove my account from a laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove my account from a laptop ?: PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-a-laptop/a272a2a8-bd32-4b23-b473-1f80a25b0118
  7. how do i remove my account from a laptop ?

how do i remove my account from a laptop ?: PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-a-laptop/a272a2a8-bd32-4b23-b473-1f80a25b0118
  8. How do I remove my account from my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove my account from my laptop: My laptop was stolen, and now I want to remove my account from the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-my-laptop/f9832438-2a4c-4f25-8449-d00a96255bf0
  9. Windows Updates keep bricking my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates keep bricking my laptop: This is happening to me literally every single time Windows Updates require a restart - whether I choose Update and Shut Down or Update and Restart, my computer shows a black screen and will not come back on. I have to turn the power off repeatedly to get the screen to come...
  10. How do I remove Xbox, Cortana and edge from my new laptop?

How do I remove Xbox, Cortana and edge from my new laptop?: How do I remove Xbox, Cortana and edge from my new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-xbox-cortana-and-edge-from-my-new/a7ff8c62-871d-4eef-b096-56668cb92d8f