Windows 10: HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?

Discus and support HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was using an HFS+ 3TB Buffalo hard drive on my iMac and plugged it into my laptop running Windows 10 Tech Preview. It didn't show up in Explorer but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BalinKingOfMori, Apr 10, 2015.

1. HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?

I was using an HFS+ 3TB Buffalo hard drive on my iMac and plugged it into my laptop running Windows 10 Tech Preview. It didn't show up in Explorer but I think I may have formatted it in Disk Utility. Somewhere along the way, a dialog popped up that mentioned a choice between GUID and something else and I clicked GUID, and now it won't work on the Mac or the PC. Did I format it? It must have worked INCREDIBLY quickly to format 3TB in about 3 seconds....
    Also, the partition that used to be there before doesn't show up in anything.
    Is there any way to recover the data?

:)

BalinKingOfMori, Apr 10, 2015

2. how to restore back ups from Time Machine to Windows 10

Hi Steven,

What you're wanting, can't happen. I have a Mac Mini that I am using Windows 10 in Boot Camp. You will have to use a Thumb Drive or Ext USB HD formatted in Disk Utility on your Mac as MSDOS partition Master Boot Record partition table. Back up your data
    that way to tranfer. Windows cannot read Time Machine Backups nor can Mac read Windows Backups.

However

Windows can "Read-Only" files that are saved to Mac HFS file systems. Would allow you to copy from HFS file system to Windows NTFS file system.

Mac Time Machine backups cannot be read in Windows

Windows created Backups cannot be read by Macs

Cheers!!

John Dupuis, Apr 10, 2015
  3. USB Drive The Parameter is incorrect

Hello,

I've had the same problem a few days ago after upgrading to windows 10.

The Western Digital disk was accessible from another Windows 7 installed on another computer.

I tried to run many Western Digital tools to check integrity, tried deep checkdisk control, tried to find an updated driver but nothing worked.

At the end I noticed another thing on my configuration: I couldn't see the Mac drive partition either (I have iMac with both Mac/Windows system). I tried to find HFS+ drivers to fix this, thinking that maybe for some weird reason depend on the same problem.
    I tried to install HFS+ paragon trial version and after a reboot the Mac partition and the Western Digital disk were accessible. I checked once again how the external disk was formatted and it was NTFS, so theorically it had nothing to do with HFS+...

I bought the full version (about 20dollars) of HFS+ Paragon, but at least now everything is working. Maybe another HFS+ driver can do the same (??)

The only thing I can recommend is to try this.

Sébastien A._32, Apr 10, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?

You can't recover it in Windows, you will have to recover it in OSX. Windows rewrote the partition, which means your drive is likely largely still intanct, but you need a utility on the Mac that can recover a lost partition.

Mystere, Apr 10, 2015
  5. Thanks!
    Do you know of any utilities that can do that?

BalinKingOfMori, Apr 10, 2015
  6. Disk Drill is working very nicely *Smile Thanks SO much for all the help! You saved 40,000+ family photos....

BalinKingOfMori, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?

1. HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted? - Similar Threads - HFS+ Mac Formatted

2. How to format a MyBook for mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format a MyBook for mac: I was wondering how to format this mybook I was given because I need so much storage. windows 10 tells me drive unavailable and I even tried using the command prompt to no avail.I need help....
  3. How to format a MyBook for mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to format a MyBook for mac: I was wondering how to format this mybook I was given because I need so much storage. windows 10 tells me drive unavailable and I even tried using the command prompt to no avail.I need help....
  4. How to format a MyBook for mac

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to delete HFS+ partition from USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete HFS+ partition from USB drive?: I have a flashdrive with a HFS+ partition on it. This partition is not visible in disk management or diskpart. However, it is listed in stellar data recovery but cannot be removed using that program. How should I go about removing the partition so it will be useable?...
  6. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  7. Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+

Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+: This is a weird issue I can't seem to resolve. Here we go: I have a PC running Win10. Attached is a 4-bay USB3 enclosure with all bays occupied. When I power up the enclosure, only three of the four drives actually mount. The only way I've been able to get that fourth drive...
  8. Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition

Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition: I have a laptop running both Mac OSX and Windows 10. When running Mac OSX, I wanted to create a bootable OSX USB installer, unfortunately I selected my Windows drive during the process. Mac OSX formatted it to Mac file system, and wrote 6GB of data on it (the installer data)....
  9. How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows: [ATTACH] File management plays the most crucial role on a computer system. It controls how data are stored, organized and retrieved from a storage medium. In other words, it simply separates data on the drive and tags them with filenames and [...] This post How to use Mac...
  10. How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC

How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC: I have plugged an HFS-formatted drive into my pc. With HFS Explorer I can access the data on the Mac-formatted drive, but I cannot find a way to eject the HFS-formatted drive since it does not show up at all in "This PC." How can I eject this drive properly? Possibly via...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Transferring data from Windows to an HFS formatted disk