Windows 10: Hi all. Can anyone advise me as to why my homepage opens minimized.

Discus and support Hi all. Can anyone advise me as to why my homepage opens minimized. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have discovered a annoying problem after installing the new edge browser in w/dows10. When after viewing web sites i return to home page it opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johnsharpe-848, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Hi all. Can anyone advise me as to why my homepage opens minimized.

I have discovered a annoying problem after installing the new edge browser in w/dows10. When after viewing web sites i return to home page it opens minimized every time. Is there a solution to this as i`m fed up of maximising the page. Has anyone a solution? I have tried methods suggested via others with no results.

Looking forward to any replies, Cheers

:)

johnsharpe-848, Mar 9, 2020

2. Cannot set Google as homepage on Internet Explorer

Original Title: Homepage

I am struggling to stop MSN opening when I syart IE. And before you good people direct me to 'internet options' and advise I change my homepage, please be advised this was always set to google. Despite this, my computer opens to MSN. Any help/suggestions
    gratefully received.

David Adamski, Mar 9, 2020
  3. msn as my homepage

Hi Rose,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to set the homepage on EDGE browser

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the EDGE browser.

• Click on Settings from the drop down menu.

• Select A specific page or pages under
      open with.

• Click on the option down to the
      A specific page or pages and select Custom from the drop down menu.

• You can Enter a web address (which you want to set as home page) in the text box by clicking on
      + button.

• Close the EDGE browser and open it again for the changes to take effect.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Regards,

Rakesh.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 9, 2020
  4. redwdc Win User

Hi all. Can anyone advise me as to why my homepage opens minimized.

Minimized windows don't restore properly

Hi Caledon thanks for the reply

I'll go through it all step by step

1. I open TC (Total Commander or I could say LibreOffice)
    2. I minimize TC
    3. I click on TC on the task bar to restore it
    4. Nothing appears to happen
    5. I open the old program "Desk Lite" and center all windows
    6. I find TC as pictured in my first post

Desk Lite does not install it's totally self contained. I had not even had it on my laptop at all until after the problem started.

Also, I had 1607 on it which is when the problem started. I had a second, larger SSD which I had been thinking of putting in the laptop so I thought I'd put it in and reinstall Windows 10 as a fresh install from an ISO I d/led from Dell. This put 1511 on the system and the problem persists.

Edit: I apologize if I seem snippy. It's frustrating.

redwdc, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Hi all. Can anyone advise me as to why my homepage opens minimized.

1. Hi all. Can anyone advise me as to why my homepage opens minimized. - Similar Threads - anyone advise why

2. Hi there - anyone there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there - anyone there?: Hi there - anyone there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-there-anyone-there/e6deaac6-7c88-4231-9edb-93c94f0fb5e5
  3. Hi there - anyone there?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi there - anyone there?: Hi there - anyone there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-there-anyone-there/e6deaac6-7c88-4231-9edb-93c94f0fb5e5
  4. Hi there - anyone there?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can anyone advise about system problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can anyone advise about system problem: The computer seems to switch off and try to restart but switches off again. at the moment it is running but there was a dump. Here is a link to the dump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuG0GDH6WdvKg5l9hVx57KXyPTd5cA?e=wVQTRC...
  6. Can anyone tell me why my pc does this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone tell me why my pc does this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Thelinkr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/koq46d/can_anyone_tell_me_why_my_pc_does_this/
  7. “Hi there”and"Why did my PC restart" interface displayed in the OOBE homePage after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    “Hi there”and"Why did my PC restart" interface displayed in the OOBE homePage after...: “Hi there”and"Why did my PC restart" interface displayed in the OOBE homePage after connecting to the wired network to Do PBR Reset. Settings-Update and security-Recovery-Reset this PC-Get started-Remove everything to Do PBR recovery system. We found the root cause of this...
  8. Can anyone tell me why my laptop is showing this??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone tell me why my laptop is showing this??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fefe06y [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iq1aar/can_anyone_tell_me_why_my_laptop_is_showing_this/
  9. Can anyone advise please - W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone advise please - W10: W10 in it’s entirety. Having tried this Op System since February this year- There are so many reasons why this doesn’t function to my satisfaction. Other Users have expressed, in a clear itemised way on other sites & blogs why they are unhappy with W10 - that I...
  10. Please Advise Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Advise Me: Hi, Please advise me , i received Message About activate Win.10, I Have the same p.c. serial No. Same Microsoft Account . So ,what is the problem? Thank you for your reply...