Windows 10: Hi, all files created with Paint and all photos in my folders can't be opened anymore?

Discus and support Hi, all files created with Paint and all photos in my folders can't be opened anymore? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For about three weeks now, I haven't been able to open files that I created or edited with Paint. And also all the photos I have saved as a backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrAssistent, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Hi, all files created with Paint and all photos in my folders can't be opened anymore?

For about three weeks now, I haven't been able to open files that I created or edited with Paint.

And also all the photos I have saved as a backup on my laptop can no longer be opened.

I have Windows 10 and a laptop from HP.

At the bottom of the photos you can see the problem better.

I tried everything that was recommended in forums and on Chip, but nothing helped.

Hi, all files created with Paint and all photos in my folders can't be opened anymore? 0_big.jpg

Hi, all files created with Paint and all photos in my folders can't be opened anymore? 1_big.jpg

Hi, all files created with Paint and all photos in my folders can't be opened anymore? 2_big.jpg

:)

MrAssistent, Jun 28, 2020

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Pavan MK Win User
    Why all my newly created files and folders Encrypted in Desktop?

Every time I create a new folder or file and save it to my Desktop, a gold padlock icon appears on it. I tried the following steps but no use:

1. Go to C:\Users\User_Name and select Desktop folder, right click on it, select properties, then go to Advanced, unchecked the option "Encrypt the option to secure data". Then it shows one error as

"An error occurred trying to apply attributes to the file:

C:\Users\User_name\Desktop

The specific file could not be decrypted" .

2. Open an administrator command line and run "cipher /u /n" to list all the EFS files.

Then run "cipher /d "path to the file"" to decrypt all the EFS files.

Any other suggestions ?

Regards

Pavan MK, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Hi, all files created with Paint and all photos in my folders can't be opened anymore?

Windows 10 Photos App Not Displaying all Photos and Folders

I've been trying to research this issue and have tried a number of fixes. Here is the situation:

• I am using a network drive for my photos
    • "Collection" will not show all of my photos - many are missing.
    • If I go to "Folders" view:
      • Some will show only a subset of the photos.
      • Others will not show any photos at all.
      • Several folders don't show up at all (yet if I search for them in the search bar, they do)
    • If in Windows Explorer I click on any of the missing photos or folders, they all open with no issues with the photos App

I have tried a number of fixes:

• I have used the windows app troubleshooter
    • I reset the photos app
    • I have added and removed the folders in the photos app settings
    • I uninstalled and re-installed the photos app
    • I "refreshed" folders within the app
    • I changed permissions for the photos folder
      • Added SYSTEM to all sub-folders and files
    In all I have spent hours trying to get this to work - and its not. I really want to use the photos app to manage my extensive library of family photos. Any other suggestions to get this to work? Is this a known issue with Windows 10 Photos App?

Thank You!

TomPinchuk, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Hi, all files created with Paint and all photos in my folders can't be opened anymore?

1. Hi, all files created with Paint and all photos in my folders can't be opened anymore? - Similar Threads - files created Paint

2. Paint cannot open specific files anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paint cannot open specific files anymore.: So just last night I noticed that my Microsoft Paint application stopped working. I could not reinstall it through the settings apps nor could I find it on the Microsoft store, so I had to make a risky move and reinstall it via a 3rd party website. Not only did this update...
  3. hi how do I get all my photos in one folder?.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi how do I get all my photos in one folder?.: how do I put all my photos in one f https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-how-do-i-get-all-my-photos-in-one-folder/1638ad77-bcf0-42fd-9725-a117aa4dcdb0
  4. hi how do I get all my photos in one folder?.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hi how do I get all my photos in one folder?.: how do I put all my photos in one f https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-how-do-i-get-all-my-photos-in-one-folder/1638ad77-bcf0-42fd-9725-a117aa4dcdb0
  5. hi how do I get all my photos in one folder?.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. i can't create a new folder at all

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i can't create a new folder at all: every time i try to make a new folder with ctrl + shift + n or right clicking and pressing new it does nothing it does not even show a folder to create when i click new i have tried a sfc it did not do anything and i don't know of any other way so pls help me...
  7. hi all

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hi all: can anyone help ..i am trying to reset my pc,but keep files after updating to win 10 , all going wrong errors and all sorts of reasons stopping me from getting there. i have done dskchk error fixing which cant complete because of an error.. any help greatly appreciated...
  8. Can't open Photos, Paint 3D and JPG files

Can't open Photos, Paint 3D and JPG files: I have a friend who installed the latest Windows 10 update last week, but after installation she was missing all her data. I discovered that her profile had become corrupt with the user profile set to a backup status, and each time she logged in she was using a temporary...
  9. Hi all

in Windows 10 Support
    Hi all: Hi all out there, my name is Volker, located in GER, running a free consultancy as civil engineer. Becaue of my business I am stuck to WIN 10 1909 built as there are only little structural progs to work on other systems. Started with DOS and afterwards the first WIN...
  10. Can't see all saved files in Paint 3D

Can't see all saved files in Paint 3D: I want to use previously saved projects in Paint 3D. From the new project I'm working on I click on menu. This takes me to the screen where the saved projects are displayed, however I can only see one recovered project and three saved projects underneath that. There is a...