Windows 10: hi all files have changed name and damaged.

Discus and support hi all files have changed name and damaged. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, i wonder if anyone can help me. my computer has windows 10. i have been using the pc all well today then i noticed that all of a sudden all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SaddiqVahora, May 21, 2019.

1. hi all files have changed name and damaged.

hi,

i wonder if anyone can help me. my computer has windows 10. i have been using the pc all well today then i noticed that all of a sudden all my files name changed and removed the icon. example it has added psujpd at the end of all file names which unable to open the file and unable to find the correct application to open with,

let me clarify a bit more : a word document is saved as mycv.docx but now it is changed to mycv.docx.psujpd which now does not open.

can anybody assist me on this?

kind regards

saddiq

:)

SaddiqVahora, May 21, 2019

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, May 21, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile hi all files have changed name and damaged. :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, May 21, 2019
  4. hi all files have changed name and damaged.

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 21, 2019
Thema:

hi all files have changed name and damaged.

1. hi all files have changed name and damaged. - Similar Threads - files changed name

2. File name change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File name change: I noticed my main User Name is now ; jax20 and my Desktop is ; DESKTOP-BQCHIOD none of MY file are in MY NAME, everything is under this jax20, I was forced to create an email for this file !!! the SYSTEM IS IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING NOW ! blocking me from me from...
  3. File Names Changing to All Capitals

File Names Changing to All Capitals: I am finding that my files are changing to all capitals without me doing this, I then have to rename them back to proper case. I have had instances where a file is saved in proper case and then when I save it again it saves in capitals; I then have two files with the same...
  4. Damaged file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Damaged file: How do I repair a damaged Adobe PDF file? MB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/damaged-file/a3799082-2d08-4d96-81dd-0238b6868fcf
  5. File Names changed

File Names changed: Dear Sir, While I was doing my day to day work on my PC, the entire file names of certain folder changed into one name. This caused severe difficulties for me to continue my work further. This happened second time in a week. Kindly give me a solution to avoid this...
  6. All files changed to same name

All files changed to same name: This refers to the following link, which has been locked for comment: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-files/file-names-changed-in-1-folder-to-the-same-name/edc4bc91-3283-4921-89ac-3c98a2a13f96 The person who replied is wrong to an extent. If...
  7. FILES DAMAGED BY VIRUSES. All have extension uudjvu.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FILES DAMAGED BY VIRUSES. All have extension uudjvu.: Hi. I need help to solve this problem, my files were damaged by a virus and all my documents were left with the extension uudjvu. Already pass three antivirus and other malware and the notebook is clean. There is some way to recover my files. * Original title: FILES...
  8. changing file names

changing file names: When I try to change my file names in win 10, I take this notification. 0x80070057 parameter is incorrect . It seems file names does not change but I think windows keep the file with the original name and then create a new file with the new name. This cause duplications....
  9. Names all changed.

Names all changed.: Hi all So yesterday I was having troubles with discord so I uninstalled it. I went to install it again and it said my disk was full. I changed so that it would download to my other drive which worked. Some how all my file names and locations are messed up and loads of...
  10. I changed the name of my computer & all I have in it is the users file

in Windows 10 Support
    I changed the name of my computer & all I have in it is the users file: I am having some problems after changing my laptop's name. I changed it under System in the Control Panel. The only folder in it is the users folder. My user name is incorrect & I have several NTUSER.DAT files under my user name. Where are all of my files under my computer...