Windows 10: Hi all getting this error message when I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 2004 update,...

Discus and support Hi all getting this error message when I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 2004 update,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dkm1129 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dkm1129, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Hi all getting this error message when I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 2004 update,...

/u/dkm1129, Jul 1, 2020
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Hi all getting this error message when I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 2004 update,...

Error when trying to install Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get an error when trying to upgrade the computer to Windows 10, we will look into this for you. Ideally, an error that begins with 0xC1900101 is usually a driver error.

Hence, please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate details:

• How are you trying to upgrade the computer to Windows 10?
    • When do you get the error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

In addition, I would like to inform you that the free upgrade to Windows 10 ended on July 29, 2016. For more information on upgrading to Windows 10, refer the article

Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ

However, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Hi all getting this error message when I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 2004 update,...

1. Hi all getting this error message when I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 2004 update,... - Similar Threads - getting error message

2. HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll...: HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll error as belowi tried to register DSCIMGUTL.DLL and it failedI believe this is some windows error because my colleagues didnt have this error while they installed in windows 10. Can...
  3. HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll...: HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll error as belowi tried to register DSCIMGUTL.DLL and it failedI believe this is some windows error because my colleagues didnt have this error while they installed in windows 10. Can...
  4. HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error message 0x8024a105 when trying to update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message 0x8024a105 when trying to update Windows 10: I get a message when trying to update my win 10, your device is missing important security and quality fixes 0x8024a105, my current version is 20H2....
  6. Error when upgrading to Windows 10 2004 version

Error when upgrading to Windows 10 2004 version: Hi all, I am trying to upgrade to 2004 version, offline and remotely. The upgrade process failed due to block by Trend Micro Officescan This info I got when I go through setupact.log I tried to disable the AV - still failed The upgrade successful after I uninstall the...
  7. So I'm currently on Windows 10 1909 and trying to update to windows 10 2004 but I'm getting...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I'm currently on Windows 10 1909 and trying to update to windows 10 2004 but I'm getting...: When I tried to update to 2004 through normal windows update, I would either get blue screens or it failed. Recently ive decided to take a photo/ document what blue screen i get. I then tried to use windows 10 update assistant instead but also got the same result. 1 BSOD:...
  8. After installing Windows 10, Version 2004 get error message when trying to enable Core...

After installing Windows 10, Version 2004 get error message when trying to enable Core...: After updating to windows 10 version 2004 it will not allow you to Enable Core Isolation Memory Integrity after disabling it to install the update. Get error: Incompatible driver: igdkmd64.sys, intel HD graphics 4000, import date 5/27/2020, driver date 1/20/2020, driver...
  9. I'm getting the following message when trying to update windows 10 64-bit

I'm getting the following message when trying to update windows 10 64-bit: A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to install We'll keep trying to install. Seems to be related to synaptics mouse which Is unlocateable in the device manager. No error code given with error message...
  10. Error message 0x80072efd when trying to upgrade to windows 10

Error message 0x80072efd when trying to upgrade to windows 10: Error message 0x88072efd when trying to upgrade to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-0x80072efd-when-trying-to-upgrade-to/de0a9447-c885-402a-8482-f2843d8f7300