Windows 10: Hi all...im new to this forum and in need of some advice.

Discus and support Hi all...im new to this forum and in need of some advice. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Can’t get my Sata 6gb ports to work on asus rampage 3 formula. Ssd 860 evo 1tb is only found on the 3gb ports and running at half speed. All is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tjoppi, May 1, 2020.

1. Tjoppi Win User

Hi all...im new to this forum and in need of some advice.

Can’t get my Sata 6gb ports to work on asus rampage 3 formula.
    Ssd 860 evo 1tb is only found on the 3gb ports and running at half speed. All is set to AHCI mode in bios and running w10 pro.
    The marvel 91xx controllers are up, so don’t understand why the ssd is not found on 6gb ports.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Tjoppi, May 1, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 1, 2020
  3. davnav Win User
    new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, May 1, 2020
  4. Hi all...im new to this forum and in need of some advice.

Hi, im new to the forum and would like some advice

You are correct. The motherboard is pictured with two SATA cables. My oversight.

As far as overclocking, it does give older systems a new life down the road. $40 now can make a system worthwhile in three years, rather than having to replace everything for another $500+. It is future proofing, to an extent, which may not be a concern.

lilhasselhoffer, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Hi all...im new to this forum and in need of some advice.

1. Hi all...im new to this forum and in need of some advice. - Similar Threads - forum need advice

2. I need some serious advice for a new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need some serious advice for a new pc: Ok so I just got my new MSI laptop today (10th gen Intel i7 CPU, Nivdia GeForce RTX 2060 GPU, 512GB SSD, 16GB Ram) and I'm having weird problems with it. The first strange thing, was that the system completely locked up while I was browsing the web, and I had to hard restart...
  3. I need some advice please

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need some advice please: I'm shopping for a new laptop and I wonder if it's a good to pay extra the nvidia rtx 2070 instead of nvidia gtx 1650 ti? Thank you I would appreciate you opinion win 19042. 630 170618
  4. new to this forum- need help

in Windows 10 Support
    new to this forum- need help: Hi, I'm glad I found this forum, and I hope someone here can help. I don't have much tech knowledge, and don't understand most of the terminology. FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS I've been having ongoing and often extreme problems with hacking and hacking attempts. It's occurred on...
  5. I need some advice?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some advice?: Well, I have been programming a bot for GTA Online for a while now. This allows you to stay online, create single lobbies and mute the GTA window. My question: Can I get in trouble for that, because I basically exploit security holes. Be a bit scared after what happened to...
  6. Need some advice on a New SSD Installation...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some advice on a New SSD Installation...: I just installed a new SSD (Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe M.2 1TB). The install went well, but I left some files behind on the old drive (An OCZ Trion 120gb SSD). Anyway, I though there would be a problem if I plugged the old drive back in and booted up into windows without hitting...
  7. Going to W10, need some advice.

in Windows 10 Support
    Going to W10, need some advice.: Going to W10, need some advice. Hi, Currently running W7 Pro32 bit MSI I5 laptop & use it mainly for managing our Retirement funds, Healthcare along with research, learning about what's going on in the world today. I'm a retired busn Mgr & have been using PC's since the...
  8. New memory advice needed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New memory advice needed: Since I'm going to install a new SSD in my lappy, I want to increase the memory also. I want to install 16GB, it has two slots. One has 8GB in it now. I looked on Crucial and there are four choices for 16GB kits. Which would be the best choice ?...
  9. Need Some Graphic Card advice

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need Some Graphic Card advice: My pc's cards fan after 4 years just started making a whinning noise I don't know if I could take it out and grease the fan or not but I would rather just get a new card......Say $100 or less....And I'm not a gamer. My pc is a 2013 HP P-6 2400T / Intel 3.1 CPU / 12 gb's...
  10. Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice: Currently have two different sets of cables. Thinking about making all 6 the same "CAT". Oldest equipment is the 2 year old Modem/Router. Next is the HP Officejet Pro 6830 and the rest is new equipment. Question is CAT 5e of 6 cables? Look forward to your...