Windows 10: Hi - another network sharing issue.

Discus and support Hi - another network sharing issue. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BACKBEYONDBWILLS, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Hi - another network sharing issue.

Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which were mapped did not show up in Explorer, and/or the Mapped folders had a red X on them, indicating not accessible. O/S on both devices is WIn10/11. Last night I did a Restore on my PC to 1st Apr as nothing else even Safe Mode on Win11 seemed to work. Success - up came the networked PC & shared folders on her lapt

:)

BACKBEYONDBWILLS, Apr 18, 2024
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 18, 2024
  3. roycejp Win User
    Network Discovery & File Sharing refuse to stay ON

Hi,

No, I don't have Malwarebytes installed.

I also followed the steps from the support link you suggested, but to no avail.

Actually all was fine until a day ago. This issue happened overnight.

Enabling Network discovery & file sharing (by any method) does not stick.
    It promptly switches back to OFF.

Thank you!

roycejp, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Hi - another network sharing issue.

Network Sharing Issues

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

We would like you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1:
    Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows, follow these steps:

1. Click
      Start, and then click Network. (Or you type
      ncpa.cpl
      into the search box, and press ENTER).

2. Click on the
      Network and Sharing Center, and then click Manage Network Connections.

3. Right click on the Local Area Connection or the connection you are using, and then select
      Properties.

4. Select the
      Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

5. Click the
      Advanced button under the General tab.

6. Click the
      WINS tab.

7. Click the Enable
      NetBIOS Over TCP/IP button. Click Ok.

Step 2: Access shared drive using IP Address.

Try accessing the shared drive by using the IP Address of the other PC and check.

Step 3: Temporarily Disable Firewall and check. Disable Firewall one computer
    at a time.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Hi - another network sharing issue.

1. Hi - another network sharing issue. - Similar Threads - another network sharing

2. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  3. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  4. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  5. Network Share Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Share Issues: Hi, I've 2 PC's, called Desktop and Server from here on a home network. Desktop is an old homebuilt PC that started on Windows 7 and upgrade. It has a local account and an outlook account on it. However, everything is setup on the local account so that's my main account....
  6. Hi Networking issue.

Hi Networking issue.: Hi, I'm having trouble browsing from machine B to machine A,. I get a dialog box asking to enter network credentials. I've tried all the usual standard networking fixes suggested by Microsoft Agents. I feel I just need the correct user name and password to access machine A....
  7. Network Sharing Issues

Network Sharing Issues: Just recently bought a new desktop computer with Windows 10 and I'm trying to connect through a network to my Windows 7 desktop computer but unable to. However, I'm able to connect the network from Windows 7 to Windows 10 no problems. I watched about 30 different You Tube...
  8. Network Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Sharing Issues: Hi All Recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. Attempting to share files mainly on the VLC app on an amazon firestick. Devices can see my laptop but are unable to log in. Im not being prompted for a password. Once i select the pc and navigate to it it just sits on a...
  9. Network sharing issues

Network sharing issues: I am having issues with opening a Microsoft access database through the network sharing system. The access database Is shared between 3 other desktop computers from my main computer which the database is downloaded on. The database works fine on the main desktop because it...
  10. Network Share Issue

Network Share Issue: Hi I posted here before about a network share issue I am having. Here's the story so far About two weeks ago I could share over my network via SMB,then that weekend there was an update to windows defender on saturday night,since then I haven't being able to share smb on...