Windows 10: Hi, Apparently I'm smart enough to ACTUALLY remove internet explorer 11 from windows 10 and...

Discus and support Hi, Apparently I'm smart enough to ACTUALLY remove internet explorer 11 from windows 10 and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to clear disk space on an annoyingly small hard drive and couldn't delete certain things under "TrustedInstaller." I did not trust the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Babbit101, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Babbit101 Win User

Hi, Apparently I'm smart enough to ACTUALLY remove internet explorer 11 from windows 10 and...

I was trying to clear disk space on an annoyingly small hard drive and couldn't delete certain things under "TrustedInstaller." I did not trust the installer and figured out how to transfer ownership of everything on the hard drive to my user account. I then proceeded to delete Internet Explorer using an IObit uninstaller program. As a kid IE was fairly harmless to get rid of I thought, but Apparently now that thing is hooked up to the whole Windows 10 shabang because the little windows menu button in the bottom left corner of the screen and on the keyboard no longer does anything. Right clicking still does bring up whatever the right click menu is called.

Needless to say I regret my meddling in things I did not understand. As I have no magic to turn back time and never have and never will have that kind of magic can someone tell me how to hit the metaphorical or literal "undo" button, or how to reinstall the darned thing so that everything goes back to normal?

:)

Babbit101, Mar 5, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Hi, Apparently I'm smart enough to ACTUALLY remove internet explorer 11 from windows 10 and... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Internet Explorer 11 not responding - Windows 10

Hi Kat,

Corrupted Internet Explorer settings are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend removing Internet Explorer form the Windows 10, then add it again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click Turn Windows features on or off in the left pane.
    • Clear the Internet Explorer 11 option.
    • Click OK, then Yes to confirm.
    • Click Restart now to remove the web browser.
    • To re-add Internet Explorer, repeat steps 1 to 3.
    • Select Internet Explorer 11 option.
    • Click OK, then Yes to confirm.
    • Click Restart now.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Hi, Apparently I'm smart enough to ACTUALLY remove internet explorer 11 from windows 10 and...

Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Hi, Apparently I'm smart enough to ACTUALLY remove internet explorer 11 from windows 10 and... - Similar Threads - Apparently I'm smart

2. Does removing Internet Explorer 11 break Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does removing Internet Explorer 11 break Windows 10?: Do you have any experience removing Internet Explorer on a larger scale of users? How much internal components of Win10 relies on IE11?I can seem to find a lot of information....
  3. Does removing Internet Explorer 11 break Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does removing Internet Explorer 11 break Windows 10?: Do you have any experience removing Internet Explorer on a larger scale of users? How much internal components of Win10 relies on IE11?I can seem to find a lot of information....
  4. Does removing Internet Explorer 11 break Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Remove Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 11?: Axiomatic Colleagues of Mine: Internet Explorer is definitively dead in Windows 11. However, the browser folders are still there. I clicked on the exe file that used to start IE up until version 11. The action always starts the default browser. Meanwhile, the Edge browser...
  6. Remove Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 11?: Axiomatic Colleagues of Mine: Internet Explorer is definitively dead in Windows 11. However, the browser folders are still there. I clicked on the exe file that used to start IE up until version 11. The action always starts the default browser. Meanwhile, the Edge browser...
  7. internet explorer 11 uninstall from windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    internet explorer 11 uninstall from windows 10: How to completely uninstall internet explorer from windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11-uninstall-from-windows-10/6dfe463d-c343-422b-96c7-87bca484fb5f
  8. Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10: Microsoft’s Chromium-based Edge browser is trying to provide enterprises with a rich set of tools to address their compatibility concerns. Chromium Edge will ship with a built-in Internet Explorer mode that would help enterprise users continue using their existing legacy...
  9. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10: Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried: 1. Moving it to the recycle bin. 2. Right clicking it...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 - Opens in Background FOR NO APPARENT REASON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11 - Opens in Background FOR NO APPARENT REASON: Internet Explorer continues to open in the background with ridiculous stories about Hollywood. I do not know what is causing this nor how to stop it....