Windows 10: Hi, can this older laptop run W10?

Discus and support Hi, can this older laptop run W10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, if a kind soul could tell me if this laptop (HP Probook 4530s from 2011, equipped with Windows 7 Professional which runs pretty good) could run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KeremDzukljan, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Hi, can this older laptop run W10?

Hi, if a kind soul could tell me if this laptop (HP Probook 4530s from 2011, equipped with Windows 7 Professional which runs pretty good) could run Windows 10 at usable performance I'd be grateful as I don't know much about specs.

Here are the specifications: Specs

submitted by /u/KeremDzukljan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KeremDzukljan, Jan 12, 2021

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Running and Optimising an Older Game

Hi,

Your concern with the specified program can be due to a compatibility issue. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you were able to run the program without issues prior to your concern.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend running the program in compatibility mode. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Debs-1035 Win User

Hi, can this older laptop run W10?

New laptop and older external hard drive

The laptop doesn't easily "see" the drive.. when I am in Devices and Printers... the icon for the ext HD will appear for just a few seconds.. if I rightclick on it quickly, it'll show the popup for hardware but doesn't have the info for it... does correctly
    refer to it as "USB 2.0 CD + HDD".

I tried your list of steps, but , the HD does NOT ever show in the Disk Management list.

I do have an older Dell that I need to see if it will recognize the HD. I'll try that next.

THANKS for taking the time to list those steps...

Debs-1035, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Hi, can this older laptop run W10?

1. Hi, can this older laptop run W10? - Similar Threads - older laptop run

2. Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?: Sorry the below is a bit long winded but I wanted to include all steps that I actioned…Laptop purchased with W11 and created W11 updated backup image to internal and external drives.Downgraded from W11 to W10 and created W10 updated backup image to internal and external...
  3. Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?: Sorry the below is a bit long winded but I wanted to include all steps that I actioned…Laptop purchased with W11 and created W11 updated backup image to internal and external drives.Downgraded from W11 to W10 and created W10 updated backup image to internal and external...
  4. Can a W11 System Backup Image be restored to a laptop running W10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset: I have an older TOSHIBA Satellite A205-S5843 S/N 38189546K with the unsupported Windows Vista Home Premium that I would like to reset to factory settings. I have tried all the internet suggestions without success. Is the anyway I can reset without saving files and install a...
  6. Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset

Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset: I have an older TOSHIBA Satellite A205-S5843 S/N 38189546K with the unsupported Windows Vista Home Premium that I would like to reset to factory settings. I have tried all the internet suggestions without success. Is the anyway I can reset without saving files and install a...
  7. Finding W10 key on older drive?

Finding W10 key on older drive?: Hi,Just updated my desktop to W11 which I installed on a brand new hard drive.Problem is that W11 is not activating because my W10 key is on my older drive That drive is still in my machine and has all the W10 files intact but is not the main OS anymore basically it is just...
  8. W10 driver for older webcam.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 driver for older webcam.: I need a driver for W10 to access a webcam type CIF Single Chip with USB. Tesco Techweb 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-driver-for-older-webcam/b3990c24-8e3d-4f00-96bb-b5277d2cf4fd
  9. My Laptop running W10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop running W10.: my laptop keeps trying to install updates. Error code 0x800F0908 which appears to be to with a device's I do not possess. Any responses. to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Regards....
  10. Older games on W10 mess.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older games on W10 mess.: Whenever I try to play older games like Medal of Honor (oldest ones), Return to Castle Wallenstein, Battlefield 1,2,3 etc. after exiting them, they leave a mess of my desktop, sending icons all over the place and other 2 monitors. What's even worse, they brake up my Eyefinity...