Windows 10: Hi, Community. Suddenly my Cortana/Search/Taskbar covers the lower half of my 10.6-in....

Discus and support Hi, Community. Suddenly my Cortana/Search/Taskbar covers the lower half of my 10.6-in.... in Cortana to solve the problem; I was typing along on my Surface 2 Pro with a new Type Cover 2 and newly-upgraded Windows 10 Pro (2018). I touched something on the Taskbar (I don't... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AngelaSchweig, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Hi, Community. Suddenly my Cortana/Search/Taskbar covers the lower half of my 10.6-in....

I was typing along on my Surface 2 Pro with a new Type Cover 2 and newly-upgraded Windows 10 Pro (2018). I touched something on the Taskbar (I don't know what), but suddenly the Taskbar covers the bottom half of my touch screen, and it activated Cortana (which I don't use).

The Taskbar thing has happened before. but I don't remember how I fixed it.

I feel stupid. HELP!!!

:)

AngelaSchweig, Feb 24, 2019

2. Unable to communicate with cortana : Windows 10

Hi Allan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Search on Taskbar covers up icons

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be informed that there is no way to shift the icons on the taskbar to right. It is per the system design. As you do not want to use the search icon, perform the below steps as a work around and check if it helps.

• Right click on the empty area on the taskbar, click on
      Properties.

• Click on Taskbar tab, check the box
      Use small taskbar buttons.

• Select Always combine, hide labels from the
      Taskbar buttons: drop down menu.

• Click on Apply button and click on
      OK button.
    This will help you to certain extent as the search bar will not cover the all icons on the taskbar.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Hi, Community. Suddenly my Cortana/Search/Taskbar covers the lower half of my 10.6-in....

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Hi, Community. Suddenly my Cortana/Search/Taskbar covers the lower half of my 10.6-in....

1. Hi, Community. Suddenly my Cortana/Search/Taskbar covers the lower half of my 10.6-in.... - Similar Threads - Community Suddenly Cortana

2. Hi community

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi community: I had an essay in my computer at a world file and I lost my laptop. Can I take my essay back somehow?Thank you in advance Evangelos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-community/96463f26-ecdc-42ab-beb4-785e679f4ce7
  3. Hi community

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi community: I had an essay in my computer at a world file and I lost my laptop. Can I take my essay back somehow?Thank you in advance Evangelos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-community/96463f26-ecdc-42ab-beb4-785e679f4ce7
  4. black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen: When my monitor refresh rate is set to 60, the black bar's height is lower but it still exists. When my monitor's refresh rate is 144Hz. It covers half the taskbar, yet when my laptop is hot, the black bar's height is lower. when I turn on the AC in my room, the black bar...
  5. black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen: When my monitor refresh rate is set to 60, the black bar's height is lower but it still exists. When my monitor's refresh rate is 144Hz. It covers half the taskbar, yet when my laptop is hot, the black bar's height is lower. when I turn on the AC in my room, the black bar...
  6. half of my search menu is hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    half of my search menu is hidden: When searching on my desktop, either pressing the home button or search at the bar. It hides almost 70% of my screen and obscure my vision. How to fix this? It's kind of annoying....
  7. What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hyperman500 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln4ema/what_is_this_covering_half_my_search_menu_and_how/
  8. Half of the Cortana Search is covered.

in Cortana
    Half of the Cortana Search is covered.: When I open cortana and search for something, a gray bar covers most of the search box. This only happens randomly. Any idea why this happens?[ATTACH]...
  9. Taskbar/Cortana search window...

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Cortana search window...: With the 1809 update, the taskbar search window changed: [img] The width of the initial search window is doubled in size. Is there a way to reduce the width to what it used to be in 1803? Or at the very least, is there a way to change the background color for this window?...
  10. Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working: Cortana taskbar search shows up but when you click on it, you cannot enter text. Also even though you can see the Cortana control panel listing when searching in Settings when you click on it it does not open. I checked and the Cortana files are in the System Apps folder. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana cannot answer even though words appear in search bar

2. taskbar covers half of screen