Windows 10: Hi, Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist

Discus and support Hi, Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded to a new version of windows and my Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sammy stein, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Hi, Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist

Hi, I upgraded to a new version of windows and my Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist

:)

sammy stein, Jun 30, 2021
  2. AnneXD Win User

Epson R200 not printing with Windows 10

Don't go to Epson.com for the printer driver package. Since Windows 10 supplies the drivers and my PC didn't recognize the printer when connected, I chose "install a new printer". Select "my printer is older" when
    that window opens. You'll be led to a window with a drop-down menu of printer models in the middle, but instead of clicking in the drop-down menu to choose the Epson R200 listed, first click the "Windows Update" button near the bottom to repopulate the driver
    package selection. Now find the new driver package for Epson R200 in the drop-down menu.

AnneXD, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Upgrade from Win7 to Win10 dislikes my Epson Stylus Photo R200 Printer

My problem is now fixed. My Epson Stylus Photo R200 is printing from my Win10 desktop computer.

Here's what happened. I had contacted Epson via their website interface and their reply said this:

Unfortunately, Epson no longer provides a driver for this printer model on a Windows 10 computer. However, you may check if there's an in-box driver available from your operating system. But please be informed that this driver has limited functionality.
    Please follow the steps below:

1) Control Panel>Devices and Printers

2) Click on Add a printer

3) If it doesn't automatically find your printer, click on
    The printer that I want isn't listed.

4) Select: Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

5) Follow the steps.

Well, I had to first go turn my Print Spooler back to Automatic and reboot my computer to make this work, then with my printer turned on, I got through Step 4. Step 5 asked me to select a port and it defaulted to
    LPT1: (Printer Port). I assumed LPT1 was ok, so I left it that way. It then asked me to select my printer model and offered three versions of the R200. I guessed at the latest R200 version and the computer came back to say that a driver is
    already installed for this printer (it must have been resident on my computer or maybe it appeared when Microsoft previously went a-searching.) It also asked if I had my CD,
    which I didn't, in case I wanted to select the driver from it, so instead I let this process select whatever driver that it saw, and then it nicely added the printer icon to Devices and Printers and this time it was correctly labeled as "Epson
    Stylus Photo R200 (M)" instead of "USB Printer" and it was marked as the default printer, as I requested.

However, anything I printed went into the print queue and stayed there with an error message "Error - Printing". I googled for this error and found someone's general comment on the sevenforums site:

Choose the correct port for e.g. mine were on LPT 1 but my printers are connected via USB - so choose the USB001, USB002, etc port by ticking on the box by the side of the port.

Heck, my R200 is USB. I have nothing to lose, so I removed the printer from Devices and Printers and started over again, but this time I selected USB0001
    and not LPT1 as my port.

Success. I can print to my printer now. It appears on Devices and Printers with the ID I expected,
    "Epson Stylus Photo R200 (M)", I can mark it as my default printer, and it prints what I send to it.

It may take doing some printing for a while, to see if there is any limited functionality
    like Epson had cautioned me that there may be. However, I can't say for certain if the driver I used is one of the "inbox drivers", whatever that means exactly, or was already resident on my computer from my CD that I can no longer find.

Reflecting back over Epson's solution, it was right there all along, to manually add this. I guess that initial error message
    "Unable to find a core drive package" took my thinking far away from the idea of this manual option. Next time, I'll know about this manual option to add older printers.

Private&Private, Jun 30, 2021
  4. mikek75 Win User

Hi, Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist

epson printer driver not installing

Mmmm, only thing else I can think off is trying Windows Update, otherwise I too am clueless, LOL. I just had a look on the Epson site and they didn't even list a driver for mine under W7, but it worked in W7 when I tried it, even had the epson control panel. Well, until there was a sickening sound of broken plastic and it went west, but thats another story, LOL.

Can you test the printer on another PC by any chance?

mikek75, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Hi, Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist

1. Hi, Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist - Similar Threads - Epson R200 printer

2. Solution for Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solution for Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver.: This is for the benefit of the public. I spent several hours looking for the driver to make the Epson R200 work on Windows10. Even though Epson website says printer drivers are available on windows 10, it doesn't work. It gives an error that USB driver unavailable. Microsoft...
  3. Answer for Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Answer for Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist: This is for the benefit of the public. I spent several hours looking for the driver to make the Epson R200 work on Windows10. Even though Epson website says printer drivers are available on windows 10, it doesn't work. It gives an error that USB driver unavailable. Microsoft...
  4. Answer for Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Answer for Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist: This is for the benefit of the public. I spent several hours looking for the driver to make the Epson R200 work on Windows10. Even though Epson website says printer drivers are available on windows 10, it doesn't work. It gives an error that USB driver unavailable. Microsoft...
  5. Answer for Epson R200 printer does not work due to a missing driver. Can you please assist

6. Epson CX6600 Printer Driver

Epson CX6600 Printer Driver: I have an Epson CX6600 printer - I know it's old but it works fine. It was running happily in Windows 10 on my 9 year old Desktop.I have installed an SSD to replace the existing 1TB hard drive, and the cloned copy although mostly working had some windows 10 errors that...
  7. Epson CX6600 Printer Driver

Epson CX6600 Printer Driver: I have an Epson CX6600 printer - I know it's old but it works fine. It was running happily in Windows 10 on my 9 year old Desktop.I have installed an SSD to replace the existing 1TB hard drive, and the cloned copy although mostly working had some windows 10 errors that...
  8. Microsoft Can you please give the drivers that are missing?

Microsoft Can you please give the drivers that are missing?: Bad Drivers USB and no Realtek Bluetooth? Need Help Please. Please help me where to find a realtek bluetooth driver and please help me with the following unknown drivers for windows. Thank you. Basically Samsung will not Audio out to PC In hands free. I am told there is...
  9. Uninstalling Epson Printer Driver

Uninstalling Epson Printer Driver: I do not recall installing Epson Printer Drivers as I d not have an Epson Printer I tried to uninstall in from System application program, It does not allow . Please asssist...
  10. Help with Epson Printer Please

Help with Epson Printer Please: Help with Epson Printer - Stylus Photo RX620 Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-epson-printer-please/a3ae6076-84c2-4401-b840-b9b0f4e743f4