Windows 10: Hi Everyone! I have this strange issue in file explorer where everything works except the...

Discus and support Hi Everyone! I have this strange issue in file explorer where everything works except the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Everyone! I have this strange issue in file explorer where everything works except the search box. When I hover over the box and click on it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JerryMcWeston, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Hi Everyone! I have this strange issue in file explorer where everything works except the...

Hi Everyone! I have this strange issue in file explorer where everything works except the search box. When I hover over the box and click on it, nothing happens. When I start typing it navigates to a folder or file, which has a first letter that is the same as they key I've pressed. Yes, I've tried restarting both windows and file explorer as well as updating windows and scanning for viruses, none of which fixed the issue. When I google the issue the results are clearly not the same issue and none of the fixes work. (also, I'm on laptop if that helps.) My best guess is that there is a key that is shorted that seems to be triggering some sort of shortcut, but I can't figure out which, or if that's even the culprit.

submitted by /u/JerryMcWeston
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JerryMcWeston, Feb 9, 2023

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 9, 2023
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer crashes strangely when resized

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This might be a temporary issue on your computer.

I suggest you to sign-in out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step : Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Step 2: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing File Explorer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 9, 2023
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Hi Everyone! I have this strange issue in file explorer where everything works except the...

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

Hi Everyone! I have this strange issue in file explorer where everything works except the...

1. Hi Everyone! I have this strange issue in file explorer where everything works except the... - Similar Threads - Everyone strange issue

2. Hi everyone!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi everyone!: So today I wanted to reset my windows to factory state, although I deleted the whole disk, I'm on Mac and I had to reinstall OS X. I was just about to install windows 10 to be specific and I realised that there's been an error. I have to convert my partition to GPT, from MBR....
  3. Hi everyone!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi everyone!: So today I wanted to reset my windows to factory state, although I deleted the whole disk, I'm on Mac and I had to reinstall OS X. I was just about to install windows 10 to be specific and I realised that there's been an error. I have to convert my partition to GPT, from MBR....
  4. Hi everyone!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hi everyone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi everyone...: Does anyone knows in the "NEW" Windows store where is the wish list app list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-everyone/938f8cb1-85ea-4925-9872-cdeabe2fa07d
  6. Hi everyone...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi everyone...: Does anyone knows in the "NEW" Windows store where is the wish list app list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-everyone/938f8cb1-85ea-4925-9872-cdeabe2fa07d
  7. Hi everyone...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Hi everyone,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi everyone,: Struggling with trying to update windows 10 home version 1909 to the current version, here's the setupdiag results can anyone tell me what exactly what it is saying?: Matching Profile found: FindFatalPluginFailure - E48E3F1C-26F6-4AFB-859B-BF637DA49636 SetupDiag version:...
  9. Hi everyone!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi everyone!: While reinstalling my Windows 10 , I've faced with error 0x080070570. How can I fix it. (My HDD is empty) submitted by /u/kenamikoz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/feykdm/hi_everyone/
  10. Hi everyone..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi everyone..: I want to ask I am accidentally deccrease my ram that makes my laptop damn slow...it makes i can't change because it took long time to desktop appear...Can someone give me a solution to increase my ram back...