Windows 10: Hi Experts, I have logs from Event viewer, Having random shutdowns!

Discus and support Hi Experts, I have logs from Event viewer, Having random shutdowns! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Experts, I need your help. I am helping a friend with his computer. He has a Asus Rog Strix GL-503VD laptop. It's maybe only 2 years old. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Napkins333, May 2, 2020.

1. Hi Experts, I have logs from Event viewer, Having random shutdowns!

Hello Experts, I need your help.

I am helping a friend with his computer. He has a Asus Rog Strix GL-503VD laptop. It's maybe only 2 years old.

I have helped him install a SSD in it and clean installed windows 10.

Fully updated drivers. etc.

He has been playing games, and during when he streams a game through discord his computer freezes and just totally freezes with the sound clicking in frozen mode and the screen just stuck.

It appears to be when he is doing a lot of things and maybe it's heat? power? ram problem? I'm at a loss on things and where to go next to help him, I've had him do sfc scan now and dism, and a few other health checks.. they all seem fine.. so..

Here is the event viewer logs, the latest crash/freeze he just had was at 507pm on 5/2/2020. You will see the critical error.

What should I help my friend do to even begin figuring out why this is happening and how to solve it.

I have posted his logs to show all the events and please let me know if I can share anything else to help him.

Thanks.

Hi Experts, I have logs from Event viewer, Having random shutdowns! [​IMG]

I hope I attached the files correctly otherwise I"ll also put links for googledrive etc...

:)

Napkins333, May 2, 2020
  2. odddray Win User

random shutdown problem in event log

im expierenceing random shutdowns when playing games but the wierd part is is that the mouse stays on and the keybaord. and when i wiggle the mouse the computer boots up.

would this weird error be an error in the the event log.
    if so what would it be under????

odddray, May 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 2, 2020
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Hi Experts, I have logs from Event viewer, Having random shutdowns!

How can I log processes/sevices that are causing slow shutdown?

Hi Ed.....

I took a look at the event viewer as suggested and all it showed was that the event log was stopped and that I'd started a shutdown.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Sam Vimes, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Hi Experts, I have logs from Event viewer, Having random shutdowns!

1. Hi Experts, I have logs from Event viewer, Having random shutdowns! - Similar Threads - Experts logs Event

2. I have BSOD that logs as information in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have BSOD that logs as information in event viewer: Hello, sometimes my laptop HP pavilion BSODs while it's idle and never when it's highly active while playing resourceful games I've pasted link to my last ticket with another problem that is now solved but now I have another problem after first one was...
  3. I have BSOD that logs as information in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have BSOD that logs as information in event viewer: Hello, sometimes my laptop HP pavilion BSODs while it's idle and never when it's highly active while playing resourceful games I've pasted link to my last ticket with another problem that is now solved but now I have another problem after first one was...
  4. PC Crashes Often, have Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes Often, have Event Viewer Logs: My new PC crashes quite often during heavy use. Latest the entire screen turned to inverted colors and then rebooted. I noticed in the Event viewer I have a lot of these errors:A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced...
  5. PC Crashes Often, have Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashes Often, have Event Viewer Logs: My new PC crashes quite often during heavy use. Latest the entire screen turned to inverted colors and then rebooted. I noticed in the Event viewer I have a lot of these errors:A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced...
  6. Have Event Viewer Display Event Log Message in Tabular Format.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Have Event Viewer Display Event Log Message in Tabular Format.: NOTE: THIS QUESTION IS REALLY A WINDOW SERVERS QUESTION - NO SUCH WINDOWS VERSION CATEGORY WAS LISTEDDear Sir or Madam: The Event Viewer allows one to Add/Remove Columns e.g., Date and Time, Source, Event ID, Task Category, etc.. But there is no way to display the actual...
  7. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  8. Is it normal for the Event Viewer Security logs to have a lot of logons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it normal for the Event Viewer Security logs to have a lot of logons?: Is 7 Special logons in a row normal? submitted by /u/STOP_POLLUTING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz4iun/is_it_normal_for_the_event_viewer_security_logs/
  9. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...
  10. Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Read Shutdown and Restart Event Logs in Windows You can use restart. The event ID's below will show you these details. Event ID Description 1074 Logged when an app (ex: Windows Update) causes the...