Windows 10: Hi got a new win 11 PC and trying to network with my old win 10 PC by Ethernet cable I can...

Discus and support Hi got a new win 11 PC and trying to network with my old win 10 PC by Ethernet cable I can... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi got a new win 11 PC and trying to network with my old win 10 PC by Ethernet cable I can see the drives on each PC but access blocked.."everyone"..is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alanjonesKH, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Hi got a new win 11 PC and trying to network with my old win 10 PC by Ethernet cable I can...

Hi got a new win 11 PC and trying to network with my old win 10 PC by Ethernet cable I can see the drives on each PC but access blocked.."everyone"..is authorised to access and even it i set it to the administrator it makes no differenceNetwork ErrorWindows cannot access \\Machine Name\driveYou do not have permission to access \\Machine Name\drive. Contact your network administrator to request access.I am an admin on both machinesI have spent a whole day trying everything the net says !!I can see both my computer from each another one on the network but I get that error when I try to acc

:)

alanjonesKH, Nov 23, 2021
  2. MenyEi Win User

Win 7 PC can't see shared folder of Win 10 PC

I have small home network. The Home Group sharing capabilities are working both ways.

For some reason the Win 10 PC do not appear in the network list in my Win 7 PC, while the Win 7 PC do appear in the Win 10 network list (and can access it's shared folders).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Meny

MenyEi, Nov 23, 2021
  3. Help! Win 7 and old chipset.

I'm trying to help out a friend and have loaded win 7 on their pc. But as it's a skt 939 board with the nForce4 chipset, the drivers are not compatable. Specifically for the audio chipset and ethernet.

What solutions can you guys suggest? And no, can't reinstall xp as it was completely trashed by viruses and the guy who built the pc for her never gave her the license code.

King Wookie, Nov 23, 2021
  4. WalterW Win User

Hi got a new win 11 PC and trying to network with my old win 10 PC by Ethernet cable I can...

Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem

I performed your suggestions on my desktop (Win 10 Pro) and my laptop (Win 10 home) and left them running for about 30 minutes and I can now get a connection between the 3 PCs, I will perform your suggestions on my other PC (Win 10 Pro) and leave them all running for 30 minutes and hopefully that will connect .
    I will report after I have done it.

WalterW, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

Hi got a new win 11 PC and trying to network with my old win 10 PC by Ethernet cable I can...

1. Hi got a new win 11 PC and trying to network with my old win 10 PC by Ethernet cable I can... - Similar Threads - got trying network

2. Win 11 sharing on ethernet network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 sharing on ethernet network: How do I get my win 11 pc to see my win 10 pc on ethernet LAN. I can use the printer and access the files on the win 11 pc. The advanced sharing settings are the same. The only security is microsoft's, My sign in is the same on both machinesModerator's Note: This should be in...
  3. Win 11 sharing on ethernet network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 sharing on ethernet network: How do I get my win 11 pc to see my win 10 pc on ethernet LAN. I can use the printer and access the files on the win 11 pc. The advanced sharing settings are the same. The only security is microsoft's, My sign in is the same on both machinesModerator's Note: This should be in...
  4. Hi got a new win 11 PC and trying to network with my old win 10 PC by Ethernet cable I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi got a new win 11 PC and trying to network with my old win 10 PC by Ethernet cable I can...: Hi got a new win 11 PC and trying to network with my old win 10 PC by Ethernet cable I can see the drives on each PC but access blocked.."everyone"..is authorised to access and even it i set it to the administrator it makes no differenceNetwork ErrorWindows cannot access...
  5. Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license: Hello,I have new PC with Win 11 Home. I also have old PC which has Win 10 Pro digital license. Based on some forum, I have already removed license key from old laptop. When I try to upgrade Win 11 home to Pro, it asks for license key which I don't have.Any help/guidance is...
  6. Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade new PC Win 11 Home to Pro. Old PC has Win 10 Pro digital license: Hello,I have new PC with Win 11 Home. I also have old PC which has Win 10 Pro digital license. Based on some forum, I have already removed license key from old laptop. When I try to upgrade Win 11 home to Pro, it asks for license key which I don't have.Any help/guidance is...
  7. Activating Win 10 on an old PC with new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win 10 on an old PC with new hardware: Hi Folks I have updated my 12 yr old PC with a faster processor and an SSD in the hope of being able to get Win 10 to boot in minutes rather than hours. Now the machine is back on my desk I have happily booted it with the old HDD albeit pretty slowly. Win 10 asked for an...
  8. user profiles move from old win 7 pc to new win 10 pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profiles move from old win 7 pc to new win 10 pc: how do I move user profiles from old windows 7 computer to new windows 10 computer? Its been 10 years since I last upgraded the computers. The transfer process was built in then, why not now?...
  9. PC (Win 10) not seeing HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC (Win 10) not seeing HDMI cable: Previously the PC would automatically detect the HDMI whenever it was plugged in. From about a week ago it suddenly stopped working. I have traced the problem back to the laptop as I have bought a new cable, and also, whenever I plug the cable in, the Samsung TV flickers...
  10. Transfer Win 7 Network settings to new Win 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Win 7 Network settings to new Win 10 PC: Hi, I have a hard-wired network but the main combined PC/Server is past its best. Have bought a new PC with Windows 10 and wonder if I can transfer my Network settings from the old Win 7 PC so communication protocols between the PC's will be seamless - or do I have to reset...