Windows 10: HI. How do a copy the Full Network Path in the address bar for a Mapped folder?

Discus and support HI. How do a copy the Full Network Path in the address bar for a Mapped folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI. How do a copy the Full Network Path in the address bar for a Mapped folder? I need to email a link to the folder to a colleague but I can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris-K., Mar 18, 2019.

1. Chris-K. Win User

HI. How do a copy the Full Network Path in the address bar for a Mapped folder?

I need to email a link to the folder to a colleague but I can only seem to get the mapped path and not the network path displayed in the address bar?

:)

Chris-K., Mar 18, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Without SMB, how do we map a network drive?

Even without SMB, open File explorer and select This PC. In the FE ribbon, select the 'Computer' tab.

Click on 'Map network drive' then again in its dropdown list and you can then just follow the wizard through.

You can also access network drives without mapping them. In FE's address bar type in the network folder address you want such as \\NetworkComputerName\SharedFolderName

Denis

3. gmopro Win User
    File Explorer - Path for a mapped drive

Sometimes I want to get the full path that i have mapped and copy and paste to send to someone.

I can usually just do a rt click and rename and copy it from there. BUT, if i had edited the path to make it just a one word name or something in the past, i cant get that path, unless i go to Map Network drive and find it in the list of drives i have mapped.

Now when i do that, you guys have made the box very narrow so i cant see the full path so it makes it really difficult to find it. Please widen that path in the drop down folder for the Mapped drive in File Explorer. Why so narrow???? Needs to be changed
    so i can find longer paths in a list of similar paths, but slightly different. It creates frustration. i guess no one there has a bunch of long paths mapped and then edited as a shorter name and doesnt need to copy and paste the path to anyone else. i have
    run into this issue several times. Widen that box there. thanks.

gmopro, Mar 18, 2019
  4. HI. How do a copy the Full Network Path in the address bar for a Mapped folder?

Copy Folder to Mapped Drive, Target Folder is Empty

Upgraded to Windows 10, and mapped NAS no problem. Drive is showing in Explorer, and files are accessible. When I copy a single file to the mapped drive, still good. However, when I copy a folder to the network drive, the folder on the network drive is
    empty. The status bar is active during the copy and indicates successful completetion. The folder is created on the network drive but it is empty.

look ma no hands, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. HI. How do a copy the Full Network Path in the address bar for a Mapped folder? - Similar Threads - copy Full Network

2. How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?: As title, How I I get the Address bar in windows 11 file explorer to always show the full path? It used to always show, like C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common Now all I see is Steam > steam apps > commonHow do I get it Back to the full path? Again, this is for the...
  3. How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?: As title, How I I get the Address bar in windows 11 file explorer to always show the full path? It used to always show, like C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common Now all I see is Steam > steam apps > commonHow do I get it Back to the full path? Again, this is for the...
  4. how do i change an IP address on a mapped network drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change an IP address on a mapped network drive?: My small office has a network storage drive that we have mapped to three desktops all running Windows 11. The network drive is older. That said, one of the desktops suddenly has a problem connecting to that drive. When i look into it, it has an IP of 10.1.1.242. However, on...
  5. how do i change an IP address on a mapped network drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change an IP address on a mapped network drive?: My small office has a network storage drive that we have mapped to three desktops all running Windows 11. The network drive is older. That said, one of the desktops suddenly has a problem connecting to that drive. When i look into it, it has an IP of 10.1.1.242. However, on...
  6. Map network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map network folder: I have a shared folder over a network, I am able to get to that folder by running //192.168.0.xxx in the windows search bar which pulls it right up, but I ned to be able to map it to a drive which when I go through the regular process of right clicking network and add network...
  7. Taskbar folder name explorer title bar full path

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar folder name explorer title bar full path: Hello, I'm looking for a way to display in Taskbar folder name (it can be with elide if there is a space for that in front, actually preferred that) and at the same time full path in Windows Explorer. Currently closes to what I want is this: What I want is: There are two...
  8. Mapping and saving a path to network drives

Mapping and saving a path to network drives: Windows ver. 1909 I use a program called MyFolders. It creates a Right click menu option in File Explorer that then allows you to map a path to and save that mapped path to any external drive or other computer on your network. It appears this program has some fatal flaws...
  9. Any way to copy a full network path on Windows 10?

Any way to copy a full network path on Windows 10?: I have a folder on the network on my locally mapped drive, I need to copy/paste the "full network path" so colleagues on the network can access it But whilst the full network path is displayed in the address bar, what is pasted back is my local mapped drive path which is no...
  10. Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 File Explorer shows breadcrumbs in the address bar by default. Breadcrumbs display the hierarchy path of folders that were navigated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy mapped drive path

2. how to copy network drive address

3. how to copy nas drive address

4. copy network address,
  5. copying path for a shared drive,
  6. copy address of mapped drive,
  7. how to copy the address of a shared drive,
  8. how to copy shared drive address,
  9. copy network drive address,
  10. how to copy network address,
  11. copy drive address,