Windows 10: Hi , I accidentally deleted my Download folder and now I’m unable to get it back

Discus and support Hi , I accidentally deleted my Download folder and now I’m unable to get it back in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi , I accidentally deleted my Download folder and now I’m unable to find it please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by harish kumar1, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Hi , I accidentally deleted my Download folder and now I’m unable to get it back

Hi , I accidentally deleted my Download folder and now I’m unable to find it please help me

:)

harish kumar1, Mar 21, 2023
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 21, 2023
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Damocles Win User

Hi , I accidentally deleted my Download folder and now I’m unable to get it back

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

Yesterday I was cleaning my PC and I accidentally deleted two folders (named "NVIDIA" and "NVIDIA Corporation") in C:\ProgramData. To my knowledge this two folders only contain non important stuff like logs, etc. Later on I have found out my Program Settings in NV Control panel were set to default. This is no big deal, but now I'm worrying I fu***d something up. Otherwise, everything works as it should --> no overheating, BSODs, games are working normally...

I just want to know what I deleted. Were those two folders important???

Damocles, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Hi , I accidentally deleted my Download folder and now I’m unable to get it back

1. Hi , I accidentally deleted my Download folder and now I’m unable to get it back - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted Download

2. by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back: by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back .tried all the methods still got stuck here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-mistake-i-deleted-my-downloads-folder-and/03b384d4-4636-4d7f-b030-3b415662bd66
  3. by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back: by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back .tried all the methods still got stuck here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-mistake-i-deleted-my-downloads-folder-and/03b384d4-4636-4d7f-b030-3b415662bd66
  4. Hi , I accidentally deleted my Download folder and now I’m unable to get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi , I accidentally deleted my Download folder and now I’m unable to get it back: Hi , I accidentally deleted my Download folder and now I’m unable to find it please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-accidentally-deleted-my-download-folder-and/8a6dbf33-f2f3-43e9-9f54-541e27166210
  5. Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder: I was trying to move my downloads folder to another position on the left navigation folder tree, and I ended up accidentally deleting it. I managed to sort of restore it, but now I have three downloads folder, two of which don't open. When I try to open them, I get a...
  6. Accidentally deleted biometrics. I cannot get it back?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Accidentally deleted biometrics. I cannot get it back?: I was trying to fix my Windows 10 Hello Fax from not recognizing my new camera in my new super fast Dell Computer PC and the troubleshooting said to delete it the Biometrics file. I did so and now cannot get it back. How can I retrieve it please?...
  7. Accidentally deleted admin and cannot get it back.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally deleted admin and cannot get it back.: I just bought a new computer but I accidentally deleted the admin and now I cannot download anything. I have tried to factory reset but I need a BitLocker code which I could not find. I cannot download windows media installer because I need admin password. I also have tried...
  8. Accidentally deleted my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted my downloads folder: I was messing around in WinRar and accidentally selected my downloads folder and deleted it, I then proceeded to empty my recycle bin because I’m dumb and thought I deleted the right file, how can I restore the folder, I have tried a boot media and doing a system restore but...
  9. I accidentally deleted my Wireless PCI Card and I’m stuck in startup repairs now.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally deleted my Wireless PCI Card and I’m stuck in startup repairs now.: So I just moved into a new appartment and discovered that I couldnt see the wifi or even detect ethernet when I plugged in my PC. My phone, chromebook, and other devices could detect wifi just fine. I thought it was odd that even my ethernet didnt detect anything, so I went...
  10. I have accidentally deleted my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I have accidentally deleted my downloads folder: not sure how but I was dragging and dropping lots of things and then moving them to the recycle bin and now I cant access my downloads folder, it just says ; (screenshot) Screenshot - 7e2708c4a12ac1d35a226000a5e76e7d - Gyazo 6192