Windows 10: Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

Discus and support Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi. I have installed notepad so I can edit html files easily BUT stupidly ticked yes on the box to associate files of this type with notepad. Now when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by colinlwilliams, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

hi. I have installed notepad so I can edit html files easily BUT stupidly ticked yes on the box to associate files of this type with notepad. Now when I click on the file it opens in notepad not html. This is a pain as to get round it I have to "open with" if I want to see what it would be like on the live screen.

I want to change the default "open with" but cannot find out where or how to do it. Also I am not sure if I upload the page to the website would it look like an html page or a notepad page.

Can anyone please help?

I am on Windows 10.

many thanks.
    Colin

:)

colinlwilliams, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Say 'Hello' to Windows Hello on Windows 10

Source: Say "Hello" to Windows Hello on Windows 10 | Blogging Windows

Brink, Dec 1, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 1, 2019
  4. PT
    pt Win User

Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

Newbie here saying hello.

hi, and welcome to the forums *Smile Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question :)
    was about to suggest that mobo, for cpu look for a x2 3600+ brisbanne

Thema:

Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

1. Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question - Similar Threads - saying hello question

2. Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi - I am new so saying hello and have my first question: hi. I have installed notepad so I can edit html files easily BUT stupidly ticked yes on the box to associate files of this type with notepad. Now when I click on the file it opens in notepad not html. This is a pain as to get round it I have to "open with" if I want to see...
  3. So recently I built my new pc, this was my first time doing so but I did my research and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So recently I built my new pc, this was my first time doing so but I did my research and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BMT-KiTKat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e05oty/so_recently_i_built_my_new_pc_this_was_my_first/
  4. I am so angry!!!!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am so angry!!!!: Last year I got charged $99.99 for Office 365. I used it for a day before my computer broke down and I literally could not remember my login information for Office 365. I have spent, off and on, the last year trying to talk to an actual person at Microsoft to no avail. So...
  5. Hello , I am having a 'plugged in not charging' problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hello , I am having a 'plugged in not charging' problem: Is there any authentic solution? windows is 10 AC Adapter is all set because I have tried it with another different charger but getting the same problem please help me...
  6. Hi there I am Cortana.

in Cortana
    Hi there I am Cortana.: In the Windows 10 set up, Cortana speaks to you, and I have recored her speak but the quality is terrible. Does anyone have an audio file I can use? If you cant reply to it, send me an email with it: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I know it says not to post...
  7. New 1 user. Hi & a few questions....

in Windows 10 Support
    New 1 user. Hi & a few questions....: Hi all. New 10 user here. I normally use Windows 7 and my back up is a Windows 10. 7 is being repaired. My bottom search bar isn't working. The one on the bottom left. My bar at the top and the taskbar have suddenly got really small. Can't remember pressing...
  8. My computer says I am in Romania!

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer says I am in Romania!: Whenever I go to an online store checkout page the country is often pre-filled with Romania it occasionally happens in other circumstances too - I am in Spain! What could be causing the confusion. I use Google Chrome Canary. 56812
  9. Newbie Saying Hi!

in Windows 10 Support
    Newbie Saying Hi!: I've been using Windows 10 since it's release date (didn't bother with Beta testing) but have only just started using it at home as I've just purchased a shiny new laptop so I thought I should join a forum as I'm likely to have plenty of question as I start using it properly!...
  10. Hi, my impressions so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Hi, my impressions so far: I've installed Win 10 on two PC's, one a clean install and another upgraded Windows 8.1 on an old Atom based machine. No real major dramas so far, everything seems snappier than Windows 8.1 and much better than Windows 7, which I rarely use anymore. I've had a couple of...